• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Gui_PT

Blueblur1 said:
Yo guys, how long do these quit probations last?

And does anyone know if quitting Score Attack and Rumble Pit games count against you?

15 minutes, I think.

And quitting from SA counts, probably RP too

Gui_PT said:
15 minutes, I think.

And quitting from SA counts, probably RP too
Pardon me, but I think the bans are 15 minutes, no? Probation can last the rest of the day...maybe? It happened to me once and Im having trouble recalling the details.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Tunavi said:
bsvRn.png

:|

lolololololololololol

I'm not modding you now because of that face you're making in your profile there LOL

Gui_PT

Account Attempt #4 said:
Pardon me, but I think the bans are 15 minutes, no? Probation can last the rest of the day...maybe? It happened to me once and Im having trouble recalling the details.

I just assumed he got banned and wanted to know how long he'd have to wait.

Gui_PT said:
I just assumed he got banned and wanted to know how long he'd have to wait.
No worries. In that case ignore my previous post. I'm not one to go correcting people on the internets but I had to deal with that probation crap for a whole day... until I woke up the next morning. My internet crapped out in one too many games. I was on vacation trying to play Halo on a taped-together web connection. I don't recommend it :\

EDIT: /\ zomg, dat graphics.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Sure. Also, can someone explain what is happening in this picture?
The kind behind the dude in the black was ready for what the guy in the black was receiving, but the church dude turned away and the kid's like, "Alright. Whatever."

Hey You

Action Sack! Yesssss! If its updated regularly, I'm never leaving it.

Glad about the Flag HUD as well.

No mention of Alpha Zombies, I hope its still planned to be released in April.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I thought, because of the way the clip is edited, that ponytail guy had done something douchey, like stolen the last communion wafer.

I WAS LOOKING TOO HARD!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Due to the inclusion of more 100% Forged map variants which do not adequately support splitscreen, the MLG playlist now has a Max Local Players count of 1.

This is actually happening at the events also. In the early rounds of the Amateur Bracket only non Forgeworld maps will be played. They will open up the gametypes in the later rounds when players get their own monitors. It sucks it has to be this way though.

wwm0nkey

Speedpile
The idea of this gametype was based on Stockpile and allows players to carry multiple flags on their back while still using weapons, vehicles and equipment. When a player touches a flag it will automatically attach to their back and will only drop when they are killed. Flags can be assigned different point values which are displayed above the flag in your HUD. Flags which are worth more than 1 point will be larger and on fire as well. Delivering the flags to your Speedpile goal zone will instantly score them and cause the flags to respawn at their original location. This is not a Stockpile variant, so if you want to setup your own maps to work with the gametype you’ll need to Forge it using the Speedpile game variant to have access to the appropriate labels.

Speedflag

This one is pretty simple, it’s a CTF variant which allows you to carry the flag on your back at all times. Just like in Speedpile, you can still use weapons, vehicles and equipment without dropping the flag. It’s worth mentioning that the only way to drop the flag is to either score or be killed, so make sure you want to carry the flag as long as possible before picking it up, you can’t pass it off to a teammate without sacrificing yourself. This game variant will work with any map which is already setup for CTF.

TEAM CLASSIC

This is a new 4v4 playlist featuring game variants with no equipment and custom settings, as well as remakes of Classic Halo maps we found in the Community.

Player Traits which differ from default Slayer:

Shield Recharge Rate 110%
Health Recharge Rate 110%
Damage Modifier 110%
Melee Modifier 75%
Player Speed 120%
Jump Height 125%
Player Gravity 150%

Maps we plan to use:

Battle Canyon
Dreadnought
High Noon
Hydro
Magus
Prolonged
Prophet
Rat Trap
Rockout

YES. YES. YES!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Devin Olsen said:
!!!!!
Defiant adds two new multiplayer maps and a Firefight mission to the fray. Early buzz is that they are totally awesome. You should definitely check them out. They’re available right now for 800 Space Allards. Click here to queue them for download.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26557081&postcount=16444
Plywood said:
If only they were still known as Space Allards. :(
<3

Action Sack with some interesting objectives! Sweet! I say this now... before someone takes the flag on SppedFlag/Pile and holds it indefinitely while they idle...

Seriously cannot wait for all of the updates!

I'm loving the Action Sack possibilities.

Is it possible to make a Stockpile-like gametype that's set to 500 where flag caps are worth 50 points each and kills are worth 2? I tried to make it happen last night.

Bungie Update said:
Slayer game variants in 6v6 playlists are now 75 to win.

This made my little heart go poof. In a good way.

Havok

Hey, uh, Bungie, I appreciate that you're trying and all...

Replaced Banshees with Falcons in all non-Invasion gametypes on Breakpoint.

...but replacing one unkillable death machine with another that can circle strafe dodge all homing weapons and kill people both in front and behind it might not be the best fix.

Wow the March 29th update looks awesome! All of those changes are sweet.

Cool to see MLG go for more than the 11 gametypes for the playlist as well. Retroactive is my favorite forged map that was an MLG submission.

Different kills give you different traits? Awesome! Part of me wonders if medals can accrue different traits... (rejection drops your shield and movement to 0 :p)

wwm0nkey

Hey Urk you should put up the files for speed flag and speed pile, I want to try those right now :lol

Seriously though

Speedpile, SpeedFlag and Slater Classic, ALL OVER MY FACE!

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
wwm0nkey said:
Hey Urk you should put up the files for speed flag and speed pile, I want to try those right now :lol

Seriously though

Speedpile, SpeedFlag and Slater Classic, ALL OVER MY FACE!

The adults don't let me play with their toys unless they're supervising. :(

One of my favorite things about the new Bungie All-Star updates is that I feel like I'm reading a Dr. Seuss book.

Also, that Drone definitely looked like Scyther.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Jeremiah for President!

-Added a HUD widget for CTF gametypes which show when your flag is away from home or held by an enemy.
-Replaced Banshees with Falcons in all non-Invasion gametypes on Breakpoint.
-Increased Banshee respawn time to 180s on Paradiso.

O D I N

Devin Olsen said:

This week's update was a treasure trove of playlist updates. I can't wait for the 29th.

Also, I feel that more maps need Falcons; The Warthog of the Sky's!

urk said:
Anyone still need codez? 343i sent me a nifty Excel spreadsheet.

Truth be told, I purchased the maps. But I do have a friend who wouldn't mind a code.

Only if you're kosher with it. Let NeoGAFers go first.

Top Bottom