• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
This is stupid. This is the type of shit that gets industry folks to stop reading our thread (more of them check HaloGAF out more than you may think).

Just stop.

Tawpgun

Domino Theory said:
This is stupid. This is the type of shit that gets industry folks to stop reading our thread (more of them check HaloGAF out more than you may think).

Just stop.
What, organizing the tournament? Or the whining about teams?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Domino Theory said:

Just stop.
What do you think is the best way to choose teams? Everyone seems to have different opinions. Another thought I had was a member would nominate someone else that isn't them to play. But then people would claim bias anyway.

I'm not sure if there is a way to pick teams that wouldn't be random.
A27 Tawpgun said:
What, organizing the tournament? Or the whining about teams?
I think he's talking about the team stuff.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Plywood said:
What do you think is the best way to choose teams? Everyone seems to have different opinions. Another thought I had was a member would nominate someone else that isn't them to play. But then people would claim bias anyway.

I'm not sure if there is a way to pick teams that wouldn't be random.

I think he's talking about the team stuff.

Choose teams based off of whoever started the idea of a tournament (which, from what I know, is Hitmonchan and ncsuDuncan). Just like Ram did with the Bungie Humpday, those two stood up and decided to be leaders to try and prevent the shit that is happening now. Let them choose teams however they want.

If you're not in? Tough luck. It's not the end of the world.

And if it gets too out of hand? Then don't have a tournament.

I'm a huge speculation nerd, so forgive me for this:

Jordan Weisman, creator of Crimson Skies and the man behind Smith & Tinker, also did the Ilovebees project for Halo 2.

And FASA stands for "Freedonian Aeronautics and Space Administration."

I love it when the world throws so many coincidences down own pipeline.

Thermite

bobs99 ... said:
Jelly? I... dont know what you mean. Funny story though, I found out today that somone spells jalapeno's as jellypeeno's lawl.

As for Team selection, im not mad as I have no real interest in being in the team, but I think its stupid how a small group of people can decide who's the best on Halogaf whilst mostly playing amongst themselves.

You've gone full retard over this tournament, it seems. First of all, no one is dictating anything at all about this tournament; the most there has been is a few comments that were in a joking/lighthearted trolling manner about Team 2 (granted, the team is stacked with the best HaloGAF players, with the exception of EazyB, Plywood, Juices, Laughtrey, and BladedExpert*). Secondly, nothing at all about GAF taking on another community is even concrete - I don't think anyone has even been contacted about this yet. You're getting all up in arms over, literally, nothing at all.

*Don't go getting all offended now, HaloGAF. I'm not attacking you personally, or saying that you suck at the game, BUT based on what I've seen in Halo 3 and Reach customs, Team 2 and the people I've mentioned really are the best players in this community. IMHO.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
^^ KyleJ doesn't get enough love, but he's more of an SA representative(using the term very loosely) on GAF anyway. :p
Domino Theory said:
Choose teams based off of whoever started the idea of a tournament (which, from what I know, is Hitmonchan and ncsuDuncan). Just like Ram did with the Bungie Humpday, those two stood up and decided to be leaders to try and prevent the shit that is happening now. Let them choose teams however they want.

Alright, I'm cool with that, Hitmonchan and Duncan can decide how this will all go down. I'll be waiting to hear more.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Thermite said:
You've gone full retard over this tournament, it seems. First of all, no one is dictating anything at all about this tournament; the most there has been is a few comments that were in a joking/lighthearted trolling manner about Team 2 (granted, the team is stacked with the best HaloGAF players, with the exception of EazyB, Plywood, Juices, Laughtrey, and BladedExpert*). Secondly, nothing at all about GAF taking on another community is even concrete - I don't think anyone has even been contacted about this yet. You're getting all up in arms over, literally, nothing at all.

*Don't go getting all offended now, HaloGAF. I'm not attacking you personally, or saying that you suck at the game, BUT based on what I've seen in Halo 3 and Reach customs, Team 2 and the people I've mentioned really are the best players in this community. IMHO.

Since EazyB is gone, I think I can safely say that you and I have to take over this mantle now.

Tawpgun

Domino Theory said:

Sounds good. Hitmonchan definitely should orchestrate this. He may not be OG HaloGAF, but the recent progress he's made in the community makes him a perfect fit.

Thermite

Plywood said:
^^ KyleJ doesn't get enough love, but he's more of an SA representative(using the term very loosely) on GAF anyway. :p

Whoops, completely forgot about Kylej!

Domino Theory said:
Since EazyB is gone, I think I can safely say that you and I have to take over this mantle now.

r2uik6.jpg

Domino Theory said:

Kuroyume

Banned
So much whining and bickering over something that's going to either fizzle or not even happen. The only reason why the hump day thing happened was because Bungie was involved. What's the draw now? Geek cred? What's going to happen when people don't even bother to show up and play the games? This thread has been an obnoxious thing to read these last few pages for someone who knows how its going to end up in the end.

Domino Theory said:

Just stop.

Who is whining? I'm fine with however the tournament gets done, and I'm just trying to put ideas out there.

GhaleonEB

BTW, Doubles Attack, via Jeremiah:

The gametypes have not been altered since the last run of Doubles Attack. They are 2X Score Attack, Skirmaggedon, Rocket Attack and FRG Attack.

We wanted to do something nice for players who purchased the Defiant Map Pack, focused on Unearthed. It's an encore run of Doubles Attack for Unearthed only.​
I think Rocket and FRG are highly duplicative, but at any rate, 2X in particular will be a fun way to rack up a whole lotta vehicle kills.

Step One: Collect the list of interested GAF players.

Step Two: Look at the list and come to an agreement on how to divide the list into teams.

Step Three: ????

Step Four: Crush our enemies, see them driven before us, and hear the lamentation of their community leaders.

Step One comes before Step Two. Let's argue when it comes to Step Two.

List of interest GAF players (copy/paste and add yourself)
ncsuDuncan
(your name here)

kylej

Banned
Plywood said:
Thermite said:
Whoops, completely forgot about Kylej!

I'll play in this thing if someone wants me. Should probably start playing Halo again first...

Can this not be handled via pm? No talking about brink but let's have pages of people quoting names and periods. I am also well aware that my last couple post have been unrelated non halo videos lol

Just wanted to Drop In™ and say that ODST has a really, really great campaign. If you haven't played it in awhile, I suggest you do. I love the contrast between the solitary, atmospheric night portions and the crowded, action-packed day portions. Even though the game ends on a "okay" note, as a complete package, I love it.

Quick run-down of the levels:

Great/Excellent:
Uplift Reserve
Tayari Plaza

Good:
Kikowani Station
NMPD HQ (carried by the final stand battle)

Okay:
Data Hive
Coastal Highway

Bad:
Oni Alpha Site

By the way, if anyone has 17 spare render minutes, I would really appreciate it if this video was rendered. It's a friend and I playing Oni Alpha Site on easy, and instead of blowing up the bridge, we charge straight into the mass of Covenant on the other side. Awesomeness ensues.

kylej said:
I'll play in this thing if someone wants me. Should probably start playing Halo again first...
Add yourself to the list. The more people we have the better.

If you want to play, add yourself. It doesn't matter what your Trueskill™ rating is at this stage. We'll make those arguments decisions later as a Community.

I guess we should also set a soft cutoff time for the team sorting, so we can look at the entire list and see how many teams we'll need. So: the team sorting will happen no earlier than 8pm EST tomorrow (and no later than 8pm EST Saturday night. I don't want this to ruin customs, so if we decide to do a quick tourney we should do that Saturday before customs.) You can still try to be added after the cutoff time, but if you want to be on the list before GAF decides how to sort the teams your best bet is to post before 8pm Friday.

So let's try to minimize the sorting debate until then. :)

Captain Blood said:
Can this not be handled via pm? No talking about brink but let's have pages of people quoting names and periods. I am also well aware that my last couple post have been unrelated non halo videos lol
I think it works better to have it in the thread, so we can all get a better idea of who is interested. I know it breaks up the thread, but I imagine the post/quote frequency will slow down quickly. And I'd rather have people quoting a list than arguing. Your normal programming will resume at 8pm tomorrow. :p

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
xxjuicesxx said:
Why? He can't even get an Overkill!

Yea get the fuck on Halo Reach. Need to dong with some old members too.
Lol damn, you got me there. I even choked on one tonight.

Ramirez

GhaleonEB said:
Cartographers shouldn't be saying jack squat about what is discussed in the forum.

See ya, Eazy. Good to see you still have a knack for shitting up threads.

Just clears the way for more FF posts, I know I'm pumped.

Guh, once my Razer Onza arrives and the Gears 3 Beta ends then I'm getting back on Reach full time.

Until I rage from Bloom, Armor Lock and piss poor playlists.

Ramirez

I vote Tashi as GAF captain, he picks his 7 of the Rainbow Guard.

If you're not in it to win it, why are you in it at all? Outside of MLG, I don't think there's a single community out there that could beat our best players.

Team 2 is far from the best GAF has to offer these days, maybe in Halo 3, but half of Team 2 doesn't even play Reach on a monthly basis, much less daily, lol.

feel

Team 2's gloating has to stop. You played fucking Slayer Pro. On a decent map iirc. Gaf would've beaten Bungie in the other 2 games had decent gametypes been chosen (and I'm not even asking for much, vanilla reach shitlayer would've been ok).

Letters said:
Team 2's gloating has to stop. You played fucking Slayer Pro. On a decent map iirc. Gaf would've beaten Bungie in the other 2 games had decent gametypes been chosen (and I'm not even asking for much, vanilla reach shitlayer would've been ok).
How was that gloating? He basically said half of us are retired and I don't think one person from team 2 has showed any interest in this community match.
Ramirez said:
Rainbow Guard.
Which book are you on now?

Top Bottom