• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

The HaloGAF shirts are awesome. It comes at a perfect time for me, too; just lost 15lbs and am in that weird "nothing fits right" limbo with my current wardrobe. Keep up the great work, girls and boys.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
squidhands said:
The HaloGAF shirts are awesome. It comes at a perfect time for me, too; just lost 15lbs and am in that weird "nothing fits right" limbo with my current wardrobe. Keep up the great work, girls and boys.
Same boat. I've been slowly replacing my wardrobe ever since I've lost about 100 pounds since PAX '08. :)

Tawpgun

squidhands said:
Buying shirts online is always a risk. I buy Large and its either too long like my Assassins Creed shirt. Or not wide enough. Bungie shirt was a bit small at Large but it still fits nicely. XL is always too big

Booties

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:
Nice segway there.

I may or may not be a wordsmith. Working in the goldmines all day will do that to you. I'm bored and about to go play duke nukem forever. Save me. gt: booties

PooBone

GhaleonEB said:
I said this privately to someone today, but I'll echo it now that this post has been brought over. It's interesting, but a bit tacky. It's one thing to discuss why you left, another to start vague rumors about your former employers like that.

People move on for all sorts of reasons, particularly after a long time at the same employer and when windows such as between projects present themselves.

Agreed. Tacky is the word I was looking for.

Luken

Bought Noble and Defiant Map Packs yesterday with the half price discount. Awesome multiplayer maps!

But with Noble and Defiant map packs, there is only one firefight map and there aren't any new singleplayer mission.

I'm on Reach Gaf friendlist, add me GAffers!

feel

Hypertrooper said:
Like I said I will definitely get every HaloGAF t-shirt. HaloGAF is my main GAF community, and I like every t-shirt design. The real problem will be: The normal NeoGAF t-shirt, there are a lot of awesome shirts I want to have, but if I bought every t-shirt I like, I would be only wearing NeoGAF t-shirts.
Every HaloGAF shirts get in, right? Or does only one Subcommunity Shirt appear in the GAFstore?
They all get in if they meet the requirements, and ours all do so far. But we need more!! If someone has a great viable idea but lacks the propers tool to get it to the requirements, just post a rough sketch on paint and as a collaborative effort the rest of us could try and recreate a polished hires version you can submit to the store.

standard shirts on spreadshirt go up to xxl
there will be a separate cathegory for higher sizes but will only include a few handpicked general neogaf designs

btw, wearing mine at halofest will probably mean getting showered with 343 swag without even asking for it, just sayin :p (I will probably die of happiness if I see a picture of any of you wearing it)

Domino Theory said:
Same boat. I've been slowly replacing my wardrobe ever since I've lost about 100 pounds since PAX '08. :)
100 pounds?! That's incredible, sir. I bow before your awesome determination. :)

A27 Tawpgun said:
Buying shirts online is always a risk. I buy Large and its either too long like my Assassins Creed shirt. Or not wide enough. Bungie shirt was a bit small at Large but it still fits nicely. XL is always too big
Yeah, the large Burn Bright shirt fits pretty snug at the moment, but it's nothing that dropping 5lbs won't alleviate.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Letters said:
They all get in if they meet the requirements, and ours all do so far. But we need more!! If someone has a great viable idea but lacks the propers tool to get it to the requirements, just post a rough sketch on paint and as a collaborative effort the rest of us could try and recreate a polished hires version you can submit to the store.

there will be a separate cathegory for higher sizes but will only include a few handpicked general neogaf designs
My idea: Pro pipe reloading in FP, but the grenade ammo has the GAF logo on it.

PooBone

Letters said:
2dbrl11.jpg
I really like this one.

kylej

Banned
Booties said:
Had a dream I was playing basketball. Dove at some BK to block a pass. Woke up with my arms through the blinds in my window. Who wants to play some early morning halo?

Dreams are the only places you're going to be playing basketball, tubby. Get on Reach I need to dong on some kids.

just bought Defiant too. Makes me want to barf that I'm forced to buy a Firefight map but whatevs

Tawpgun

kylej said:
Dreams are the only places you're going to be playing basketball, tubby. Get on Reach I need to dong on some kids.

just bought Defiant too. Makes me want to barf that I'm forced to buy a Firefight map but whatevs
FUCKING FINALLY.

Premium Battle Cleansing Grounds Unlocked.
+1 cleanser.

Letters said:

btw, wearing mine at halofest will probably mean getting showered with 343 swag without even asking for it, just sayin :p (I will probably die of happiness if I see a picture of any of you wearing it)

Any chance you can post a link of the source file you would have sent Evilore? I would like to take it to a local tshirt place and get it made up. :)

Sikamikanico said:
Any chance you can post a link of the source file you would have sent Evilore? I would like to take it to a local tshirt place and get it made up. :)
Errr..That seems a bit morally ambiguous. I'm sure there must be a small kick back in these shirts to NeoGAF maintenance.

Now unless you live somewhere Spreadshirt don't ship, I wouldn't give it to you, of course it's obviously up to Letters.

Zeouterlimits said:
Errr..That seems a bit morally ambiguous. I'm sure there must be a small kick back in these shirts to NeoGAF maintenance.

Now unless you live somewhere Spreadshirt don't ship, I wouldn't give it to you, of course it's obviously up to Letters.

From what I read in the tshirt thread, he was selling them at cost. If thats not the case, no biggie and I can wait. I was just wondering. I'm not out to hoodwink anyone and take away any potential profit.

EDIT: And I quote:

-All shirts will be sold at-cost. The idea here is not to make a profit, but for GAFers (myself included) to be able to rep NeoGAF in style at cons, meetups, and gaming-related events, or in real life in the case of more subtle designs.

Rtas said:
Any chance I could get the elite armor and banshee prop?
I'll give you the banshee because I'd rather just do one code per person.

The Real Napsta said:
Falcon prop please?
I'll send you the Elite/Falcon code.

Devolution said:
Does this work? I did the first 80 posters going back through the thread. If you want on, tell me, if you want off, tell me that too.
Thank you! Awesome idea!

Sitll have a few codes left:
Awesome Barlow said:
Ah dang, I missed that mark V code. If anyone comes across one please let me know.

Anyways, I have this up for grabs:
  • Recon Code
  • Elite Armor and Falcon Prop
  • Banshee Avatar Prop
  • 48 Hour XBL Code (x2)

Letters:

Is there any way I could get a shirt made with either of these changes:
- Rotate the "343" section instead of flipping it.
or if not,
- Print only the front of the shirt.

I love the front design and I like the BELIEVE idea too. I just think that flipped "4" looks awful. I don't think anyone outside this thread would read the back as "Believe" OR "343" and I think rotating the numbers instead of flipping them would fix that.

If I could get a shirt with either of those changes I would wear it to PAX. Heck, if you just send me the design I might see if I can just get it printed myself.

Zeouterlimits said:
*shrug* Right. Did anyone ask if they could get the source and print them themselves? Up to Letters, was just was 2 cents.

I totally agree, it's entirely up to Letters, hence why I asked. I just felt calling me "morally ambiguous" was a tad over the top is all. If he doesn't want to share the source, then I will quite happily wait and order via EviLore's storefront. No harm, no foul. :)

(The only reason I asked is that I have a few LAN's coming up and I wanted to represent and overseas shipping can be a lengthy wait!)

ZalinKrow

Yikes, I gotta start posting on here more. Some of those t-shirt designs are really amazing. I'm continuously impressed by how creative people are with this stuff!

(I'm also pretty glad to see this thread being a lot more positive as of late! Haha)

Risen

Where is the t-shirt thread? I've been perusing several other threads looking for it in OT, Community, and Gaming and I feel icky...

Falt

Devolution said:
Revised my nade toss shirt.

http://i.imgur.com/3GlGZ.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Love the cleaner look.

Would it be out of order to put a "BELI343" on the back, using the same colours?

I really, really like the beli343 on the back of letters' shirt, not too keen on the front though. Nothing wrong with it, it's an awesome design. I just prefer a minimalistic look.

BELI343 is so fucking good I wouldn't be surprised if 343i shamefully stole it from you, letters. Seriously, awesome work.

feel

ffs devo now I have to order both of your shirts! :)

Sorry if you don't like the back of mine or the placing of the 343, I won't change the way it is because it's exactly the way I like it and I wouldn't put my name behind it any other way. Thankfully there will be some other great halogaf options in the store so I don't see it as big problem.

and I can't share the source, that would get me in trouble with the neogaf administration, the design is credited to me but it belongs to them now (plus posting shirt design sources with gaf logos out in the open is probably still frowned upon and bannable).

J10

Banned
If anybody has a spot open for matchmaking or whatever else, I usually play evenings around 9pm> EST.

Gamertag: Joony Joon

Tawpgun

Devolution said:
Revised my nade toss shirt.

3GlGZ.png
Reminds me of the Bungie comet.

If I buy a bunch of these everyone is going to keep seeing the same symbol and think I'm in a cult or something XD

Try the ring with the cleaner design.

Ruze789

I have a Noble 6 avatar helmet and a Banshee avatar item to give away, firsts to quote gets. Just say which one. Codes gone

Also do all lineart style shirt designs have to be vector? Seems to go back and forth in the shirt thread. I'd like to redo this design at the right resolution:

5981415827_82ab01a48f.jpg

But I have never wrapped my brain around proper vector art.

Hey You

Schmitty said:
Do we have any info on what 343's changes to Reach may be when they take control?
Nope, they don't get (whatever you want to call it) control of Reach's matchmaking stuff until August 2nd and then they have to figure out to work it. I wouldn't expect any sort of playlist update until September at the earliest.

Letters said:
Sorry if you don't like the back of mine or the placing of the 343, I won't change the way it is because it's exactly the way I like it and I wouldn't put my name behind it any other way. Thankfully there will be some other great halogaf options in the store so I don't see it as big problem.

and I can't share the source, that would get me in trouble with the neogaf administration, the design is credited to me but it belongs to them now (plus posting shirt design sources with gaf logos out in the open is probably still frowned upon and bannable).
Fair enough, I can respect that.

All of the designs submitted so far have been fantastic, but that was the only shirt that really screamed "HaloGAF" to me. That said, I'm not going to pay $20 + shipping for something with that weird flipped 4 on the back (or is it supposed to be sideways? ah, forget it). It's still a good design, I'm just OCD about how I think the back could be improved.

I have a very close friend who runs his own t-shirt company, so I might have him make me a single custom shirt with my GAF/Halo avatar on it. Should help people recognize me at PAX. Beyond that it looks like I'll be wearing my two Bungie Aerospace shirts and the UNSCDF one I wore at PAX East, unless I find another GAF design worth my Earth Allards.

I'd also like an official 343i shirt to wear, but the only ones I've seen so far have been for employees (and XBL avatars).

Crucio

Ruze789 said:
I have a Noble 6 avatar helmet and a Banshee avatar item to give away, firsts to quote gets. Just say which one.

Also do all lineart style shirt designs have to be vector? Seems to go back and forth in the shirt thread. I'd like to redo this design at the right resolution:

5981415827_82ab01a48f.jpg

But I have never wrapped my brain around proper vector art.
I'd love the banshee avatar add on! If you still got it, thanks.

Karl2177

Ruze789 said:
I have a Noble 6 avatar helmet and a Banshee avatar item to give away, firsts to quote gets. Just say which one.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6022/5981415827_82ab01a48f.jpg[/MG]

But I have never wrapped my brain around proper vector art.[/QUOTE]
I'd like the N6 helmet, please.

EDIT: Also, if you have Illustrator, [url=http://www.sitepoint.com/graphics-illustrator-freehand/]this is a basic guide[/url] for vector images. It's what I used when I started to do it.

Ruze789

PMs with codes sent to Crucio and Karl2177, all gone now!

I don't have Illustrator, I've got PS7, GIMP and possibly Corel Painter 8/9.
I've had a few projects in the past where I should have done my reading on vectoring and done it, but I cheesed out and just did rasters instead. I think I'll crash course it today so I can get this done.

How about a representation of the Golden Tripod in the form of a triangle, with the GAF logo in the middle? Work has severely limited what I can do on the internet, but the basic idea I had was to have a line drawing (not filled in) of an equilateral triangle with the BR/DMR at the top point, the Spartan arm for melee on the bottom left point, grenade (don't care which) at the bottom right point, with the GAF logo in the middle (or even fill the triangle with the GAF colors, similar to the perfection logo). Does that make sense or even sound like a good idea? Would it be too much of a pain to make something that isn't a copyright infringement?

Tawpgun

squidhands said:
How about a representation of the Golden Tripod in the form of a triangle, with the GAF logo in the middle? Work has severely limited what I can do on the internet, but the basic idea I had was to have a line drawing (not filled in) of an equilateral triangle with the BR/DMR at the top point, the Spartan arm for melee on the bottom left point, grenade (don't care which) at the bottom right point, with the GAF logo in the middle (or even fill the triangle with the GAF colors, similar to the perfection logo). Does that make sense or even sound like a good idea? Would it be too much of a pain to make something that isn't a copyright infringement?
As long as the gun, nade, melee symbols are generic enough its fine.

Top Bottom