• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Ken said:
2a02357f.png
Yes! <3

Ramirez

HiredN00bs said:
Weekly? More like a daily. Hit Inheritor tomorrow or Wednesday. That 1 Flag game was ridiculous. Wu, that actually wasn't the episode I was thinking of, Homer says the same line in "Dead Putting Society" (S2E6), but I love that Wiggum incites the riot when:

a) He's the Chief of Police
b) He's the coach of the little league team and
c) Earlier in the episode, he released the prisoners to attend the game despite the fact that they refused to come back to prison and refused to stop committing crimes

Posted from my Thunderbolt which displays GAF excellently.

I can't even fathom playing that much Reach this early into its life. Pretty sure Nutter has his wife running FF in his down time :)P), I just hit the full moon, and it'll probably be a month or so before I rank up again...

HiredN00bs said:
. Hit Inheritor tomorrow or Wednesday.

How the fuck do you have so much time to play Halo? In 11 months you managed to get the highest rank? Did you ever skip a day of Halo since its been out? Have you gone outside?

xxjuicesxx said:
How the fuck do you have so much time to play Halo? In 11 months you managed to get the highest rank? Did you ever skip a day of Halo since its been out? Have you gone outside?

He has played around 3 hours 42 min of Reach every day since it's been out. =p

Devolution said:
He has played around 3 hours 42 min of Reach every day since it's been out. =p

Is that for real?

I'm not normally the judging type - but that is a shit load of Halo. I honestly cannot even fathom having that much free time to play videogames period. And if I did, there is no way Reach would receive that much time on such a consistent basis.

For the record - I'm not necessarily judging in a negative way. I'd love to have more free time for videogames/Halo (maybe not THAT much) - but work/friends/wife etc. saps my time considerably.

HiredN00bs from the looks of it you need about 180K CR to rank up. Thats a lot and would take me a lot longer than two days! What playlist are you playing to earn so much CR? How much Cr do you earn on average per match?

When the TU comes out I might play Reach more, but at the moment even the ranking grind isnt keeping me interested. 600K to rank up is just too much.

Blah. The computer I'm on won't load the damnation video.

EDIT: Looks like it's not just me :)

EDIT2: Working now. You fixed it!

EDIT3: In the summary of the youtube video, it says, "Keep your eyes peeled -- you just might see more than you think." I've been trying to look for anything and everything. It's too hard to tell if people are pacing their shots or not. I thought maybe the grenades were bouncing better, but even that is probably just my imagination.

I did notice something falling down the waterfall at 1:27 It doesn't appear to be a player, so I have no idea what to make of it or if it's just part of the level atmosphere/scenery. Nevermind, you can see another one at 1:55. Looks like a grunt to me, lol.

xxjuicesxx said:
Yea so much jetpack love on Damnation. THATLL BE FUN!
I'd imagine that the map will be thrown into the regular Reach rotation/playlists with AA's turned on, and at the same time, there will be the CEA playlist with all the TU changes.
I hope...

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Deputy Moonman said:
I'd imagine that the map will be thrown into the regular Reach rotation/playlists with AA's turned on, and at the same time, there will be the CEA playlist with all the TU changes.
I hope...
This.

Homeboyd

When was the last time we had an assist challenge? Seems like they've been scrapped. Not complaining.. Just something I noticed.

Also.. Awesome flythrough. Hoping to skip out on doing some more work today to see some new vids.

wwm0nkey

Jet pack almost killed that video for me but thank god AA's wont be in classic.

Also was there always changing text at the bottom left when you switched your camera view?

lybertyboy

wwm0nkey said:
Jet pack almost killed that video for me but thank god AA's wont be in classic.

Also was there always changing text at the bottom left when you switched your camera view?
Dev kit yo.

lybertyboy

wwm0nkey said:
phpEbbLJ8IMG_5595.jpg

You can see one of the caves
And Dan Ayoub's sexy head on the right spoon feeding some knowledge.

Btw, I believe IGN will be posting a flythrough of Beaver Creek a little later in the week.

wwm0nkey

lybertyboy said:
And Dan Ayoub's sexy head on the right spoon feeding some knowledge.

Btw, I believe IGN will be posting a flythrough of Beaver Creek a little later in the week.
Cant wait to see that footage.

Also I am going to assume Damnation and Beaver Creek are going to be the playable maps at Halo Fest or do you guys have a surprise for Halo Fest attendees?

lybertyboy

wwm0nkey said:
Cant wait to see that footage.

Also I am going to assume Damnation and Beaver Creek are going to be the playable maps at Halo Fest or do you guys have a surprise for Halo Fest attendees?
Oh, I figure we can scrounge up a surprise or two.

Yes, those two maps will be some of the playable maps at Halo Fest.

wwm0nkey

lybertyboy said:
Oh, I figure we can scrounge up a surprise or two.

Yes, those two maps will be some of the playable maps at Halo Fest.
Well there better be lots of footage of those other maps for people who can't make Halo Fest like me! lol

I really, really, really hope something like that will be playable for the public at gamescom. That, and that the boot isn't 18+.

Both maps look gorgious in the Reach engine althhough the Jetpacking killed it a little bit for damnation.

Tha Robbertster said:
I really, really, really hope something like that will be playable for the public at gamescom. That, and that the boot isn't 18+.

Both maps look gorgious in the Reach engine althhough the Jetpacking killed it a little bit for damnation.
RbaHa.jpg

On the other side of the Halo: CE:A banner is Gears Of War 3 I think. So Halo: CE:A will be in the 18+ section. Sorry. =( Otherwise they'll give you a 18+ wirstband if you have your 18th brithday 4weeks after the GamesCom.

Gui_PT said:
Come on, I'm too poor to attend any of those things. Hook a brother up =(
I have to give attention to the luggage limit. I'll try to make two neat Halo swag package, I'll be giving away to EU-HaloGaffers only. =) If I can snag a Bungie posters with autograph from the developers, you will definitely get it.
Hey look at the red numbers, I have now

Zeouterlimits said:
Some official screenshots of Damnation.
Edit: Are they old? Or is it just me?
I think yes. But I'm not sure too.

Hypertrooper said:
http://i.imgur.com/RbaHa.jpg[IMG]

On the other side of the Halo: CE:A banner is Gears Of War 3 I think. So Halo: CE:A will be in the 18+ section. Sorry. =( Otherwise they'll give you a 18+ wirstband if you have your 18th brithday 4weeks after the GamesCom.[/QUOTE]

Fake ID, here I come! Or a moustache+beard, making me look old and awesome.

Homeboyd

Is there any chance we can hear some information regarding the cartographers anytime in the near future (i.e. Halo Fest)?

There are a ton of forge communities basically on standby and no one is 100% certain anything will be carried forward or that the communities will remain relevant. They aren't really "custom games" groups but groups focused on building and refining maps for matchmaking. Hard to tell them to continue their efforts on a daily basis without any official word yet.

PooBone

Risen said:
I've never thrown, or otherwise broken anything from raging... but I once induced such rage in an 18yr old at a Gamestop tourny that he threw his controller at me in game lol.
When I would get frustrated playing SNES I remember I used to bite down on the cord to the controller.

Homeboyd said:
Is there any chance we can hear some information regarding the cartographers anytime in the near future (i.e. Halo Fest)?

There are a ton of forge communities basically on standby and no one is 100% certain anything will be carried forward or that the communities will remain relevant. They aren't really "custom games" groups but groups focused on building and refining maps for matchmaking. Hard to tell them to continue their efforts on a daily basis without any official word yet.
I think, we will get all the information at the HaloFest. It is 343i's real debut into Reach Multiplayer after the Defiant MapPack. Fans will finally hear something about the TU and even play it . One person will ask your question about Cartographers at the Multiplayer panel. Definitely. And that person will be FyreWulff.

Gui_PT

Hypertrooper said:
I have to give attention to the luggage limit. I'll try to make two neat Halo swag package, I'll be giving away to EU-HaloGaffers only. =) If I can snag a Bungie posters with autograph from the developers, you will definitely get it.
Hey look at the red numbers, I have now

<3

Top Bottom