• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

bobs99 ... said:
HiredN00bs from the looks of it you need about 180K CR to rank up. Thats a lot and would take me a lot longer than two days! What playlist are you playing to earn so much CR? How much Cr do you earn on average per match?

When the TU comes out I might play Reach more, but at the moment even the ranking grind isnt keeping me interested. 600K to rank up is just too much.
Premium Slayer

12 minute game gives me 4840 cR for Game Complete, 968 cR for victory, plus cR for commendation progress, and a slot machine that goes up to 6000 cR.

Sorry about the quality.

2z5uha9.jpg

Kuroyume

Banned
Beaver Creek is the CE version of the map right? Yeah, I felt the video made the map look a bit darker than I would have liked. Still, that map rules so I can deal with the change in art.

Damnation art looks nice but I've only played it in Reach Classic and I can't say I'm too excited for it. The layout is pretty shitty.

MrBig

ElzarTheBam said:
Sorry about the quality.
Covenant fish :lol

There's really no way to tell what it is, could be any sort of gray figure that we'll learn about eventually.
Kuroyume said:
Damnation art looks nice but I've only played it in Reach Classic and I can't say I'm too excited for it. The layout is pretty shitty.
If I remember correctly it was the designer's first time working on a mp map. It doesn't play well in CE or in the Reach Classic playlist so I don't know why its being remade.

HiredN00bs said:
Premium Slayer

12 minute game gives me 4840 cR for Game Complete, 968 cR for victory, plus cR for commendation progress, and a slot machine that goes up to 6000 cR.

Thats a lot of credits lol, ill have to compare how many I get to that for a game. Ill probably get more like 3000 for game complete as im a Field Marshall.

Also I kind of liked Damnation back in the day, so im intrigued to see how classic ++ plays out.

bobs99 ... said:
Thats a lot of credits lol, ill have to compare how many I get to that for a game. Ill probably get more like 3000 for game complete as im a Field Marshall.

Also I kind of liked Damnation back in the day, so im intrigued to see how classic ++ plays out.
In Squad Slayer I get about 2000-3000cR per Game. BTB 2000-5000cR. The best thing is really Premiums Slayer/Battle, because you have an higher chance to get 6000cR Bonus.

MrBig

Hypertrooper said:
In Squad Slayer I get about 2000-3000cR per Game. BTB 2000-5000cR. The best thing is really Premiums Slayer/Battle, because you have an higher chance to get 6000cR Bonus.
DLC maps get a cR multiplier. Otherwise its time dependent. So in the premium playlists you get more cR for less time spent.
Dax01 said:
Grenade launcher works on every map.
Yes.

lybertyboy said:
You are the ladder.

But what if I don't have Kinect?

:p

Finally getting some eyes on these maps, I'm ridiculously excited for CEA. Not that I wasn't before, but damn these maps look amazing.

I wonder if there will be a Reach version and a Classic version of Hang 'em High?

Is it HaloFest yet?

Louis Wu

Homeboyd said:
When was the last time we had an assist challenge? Seems like they've been scrapped. Not complaining.. Just something I noticed.
We had a 'Showtime' (5 assists in multiplayer matchmaking) on August 5 (11 days ago).

The last one before that was on July 8 (A Great Friend, 30 assists).

kylej said:
I don't know why you're chastising someone for playing a lot of One of The Greatest FPS Games of All Time.
I'd really love it if you could point to ANYONE calling it this. (Besides yourself, in this post, of course.)

So when are we allowed to get the knives out when some of our desired maps aren't part of the 6?
I'm half joking. But I'm expecting a bit of blood bath when the 7 are announced.

Homeboyd

Louis Wu said:
We had a 'Showtime' (5 assists in multiplayer matchmaking) on August 5 (11 days ago).

Ahh thanks for the info. I knew they'd slowed down. Guess they realized the negative affect it was having on MM. Or.. it's just coincidence. ;)

Zeouterlimits said:
So when are we allowed to get the knives out when some of our desired maps aren't part of the 6?
I'm half joking. But I'm expecting a bit of blood bath when the 7 are announced.
Which is why it would be nice if one of the maps was a new Forge map and the dudes were building some remakes with it. Right, Shishka? Heh, but seriously.. a Forge map would help alleviate some of these complaints. Although it would only be a matter of weeks before we started hearing "God I hate these new Forge maps! Sea of purple EVERYWHERE!"

Tawpgun

Louis Wu said:

I'd really love it if you could point to ANYONE calling it this. (Besides yourself, in this post, of course.)

Thank god for no assist challenges. Their pretty annoying because no one ever finishes kills.

And I think kyle was joking about what Frankie posted from a while ago. Or something like that.

For what its worth, on the 360.... well all the current gen consoles really....Reach is one of the best FPS's. We bitch and moan about it because we want to make a great game even better. There are things such as armor lock and AA abuse that make me want to rage quit reach all together... but then I realize aside from the non-hitscan, laggy Halo 3, which I don't have Mythic 2 for (still annoyed I can't DL the mythic maps for free since I BOUGHT ODST.) But when I get mad at the game I realize there's no other shooter I'd want/am able to play. Besides maybe Shadowrun, but Shadowrun doesn't have enough variety too keep me sustained as long as Reach. Not to mention only Booshka plays it and I have yet to play with him

EDIT: Beaten by Kyle.

GhaleonEB

lybertyboy said:
So much for the concept of B-Roll. /sigh

Like I said before IGN will have a proper flythrough video this week. Also expect more info about the map variants in Anniversary in this week's Bulletin.
Groovy. I like what we can see of the Beaver Creek variant, with the side/rear tunnels. Will help given the way the DMR works on a map of that scale.

kylej

Banned
Louis Wu said:
I stand corrected, sir. (Well, I'm sitting, but...)

Sorry.

lol, it was a joke man. You don't have to apologize. I assure you I really don't get offended or care about stuff in this thread at all.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Thank god for no assist challenges. Their pretty annoying because no one ever finishes kills.

And I think kyle was joking about what Frankie posted from a while ago. Or something like that.

For what its worth, on the 360.... well all the current gen consoles really....Reach is one of the best FPS's. We bitch and moan about it because we want to make a great game even better. There are things such as armor lock and AA abuse that make me want to rage quit reach all together... but then I realize aside from the non-hitscan, laggy Halo 3, which I don't have Mythic 2 for (still annoyed I can't DL the mythic maps for free since I BOUGHT ODST.) But when I get mad at the game I realize there's no other shooter I'd want/am able to play. Besides maybe Shadowrun, but Shadowrun doesn't have enough variety too keep me sustained as long as Reach. Not to mention only Booshka plays it and I have yet to play with him

EDIT: Beaten by Kyle.

For me I bitch and I moan because I want the next Halo game to learn from Reach's mistakes. Whether it is actually the best fps ever made is debatable lol. I also bitched and moaned in the hopes that a TU will change things... soooo really I cant wait to see what changes the TU brings to the table, if the changes are good I may grow to love Reach but its pretty weak that in your opinion its currently the best option out there because all of the competition sucks. Imagine that written on a gamebox "The least aweful fps experience at the moment!!! 2/5 stars!!! A Must Buy for all FPS fans!!! - Tawpgun magazine".

Im not saying that this is universal of course, plenty here genuinly think Reach is amazing, just an amusing observation based on your post directly. Mediocore in a world of aweful isnt the best compliment you can really give something. I probably got the wrong end of the stick reading your post though, but I have friends who describe it that way and I laugh at how silly it sounds. If like Wu or Tashi you genuinly love the game fair enough but if your just playing it because of a lack of anything better to do that sucks. Personally I think the game is a TON of fun in short spurts in playlists like BTB which foster more carefree gameplay, for me its far from the best fps of all time but who knows maybe the TU will change that.

I will say that the artists at 343 deserve a payrise, Beaver Creek looks incredible.

LosDaddie

Banned
So being a Gamestop power member isn't totally useless:

1gppfq.jpg

Got it for free with GS' point system. I haven't taken him out of the box yet, but I can tell he's a lot bigger than my Halo 3 Master Chief McFarlane figure.

Since armor is customizable, I haven't wanted to buy any of the Halo Reach figure, whereas for halo3 I bought MC and a red Hyabusa armor (my MP armor). Still, this Elite looks damn cool.

Whoa, so the new grav lift and teleporter room aren't the only new parts - there's definitely some kind of cave/tunnel that opens under the Rocket side ramp. You can see it at the end of that third video. Maybe it opens down where the overshield spawns?

Edit: Yep. Definitely. In video 2 you can see a deeper cave/water area behind where the overshield/shotgun used to spawn. Not sure how large the area is, but it seems to provide a little more cover/maneuverability to the middle region. Widens the level a bit.

Tawpgun

bobs99 ... said:
For me I bitch and I moan because I want the next Halo game to learn from Reach's mistakes. Whether it is actually the best fps ever made is debatable lol. I also bitched and moaned in the hopes that a TU will change things... soooo really I cant wait to see what changes the TU brings to the table, if the changes are good I may grow to love Reach but its pretty weak that in your opinion its currently the best option out there because all of the competition sucks. Imagine that written on a gamebox "The least aweful fps experience at the moment!!! 2/5 stars!!! A Must Buy for all FPS fans!!! - Tawpgun magazine".

Im not saying that this is universal of course, plenty here genuinly think Reach is amazing, just an amusing observation based on your post directly. Mediocore in a world of aweful isnt the best compliment you can really give something. I probably got the wrong end of the stick reading your post though, but I have friends who describe it that way and I laugh at how silly it sounds. If like Wu or Tashi you genuinly love the game fair enough but if your just playing it because of a lack of anything better to do that sucks.

I will say that the arists at 343 deserve a payrise Beaver Creek looks incredible.
Well it's true.

It's not lack of anything better to do its lack of anything better to play. Halo is still my favorite game and the fanbase is on Reach, so I deal with all the problems and complain about them so the problems are brought to light.

The game is a 10/10 for the package but I'd give it a 6/10 for MP. MAAAAAAYBE 7 if I'm feeling nice and only playing Squad Slayer. I'd give Halo 3 a 7-8 and Halo 2 a 9. Only reason its not a 10 is because of its bugs and cheating problem.

The summary is, Reach truly is the best shooter on consoles to be playing right now. But it has many problems I'd like to see addressed.

Like I'm pretty sure no one would cry if Armor Lock was removed from matchmaking across the board. And if they did they don't deserve to be playing this game. I'm dead serious about that. I'll tolerate and respect people's opinions on the other AA's. Loadouts. Bloom. And everything else. I might argue with them on it. Try and make them see the light :p. But if you think Armor Lock was a good addition to Halo and want Armor Lock to stay in Reach you are DEAD. WRONG. There's no opinion here. It's the one thing I won't budge on.

I'll say it again... I can't fathom how such a thing got put into the game.

Woorloog

Banned
Gui_PT said:
Hey a Shotgun, let me trade it for my Pistol and keep my AR.

WAT!
Do you really have to wonder that? People do that all the time. The pistol is a bit better weapon than the AR but most can't use it correctly. Noobs. (EDIT, not that people use AR well either most of the time...)

And Shotguns in bases? /facedesk

ElRenoRaven

Woorloog said:
Do you really have to wonder that? People do that all the time. The pistol is a bit better weapon than the AR but most can't use it correctly. Noobs.

And Shotguns in bases? /facedesk

Yes people don't play like I play therefor they must suck or be noobs. /sarcasim

I do agree putting the shotgun in the base was a stupid idea. More so if there is one in each base. The game will become a game of camp the bases with the shotgun if they did.

Top Bottom