• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

PsychoRaven said:
No but the little lines should move inward from an outward position. Just checked to be sure. They don't do that in the video. However you will notice there is no reticule at all at first. So who knows.
Isn't that because he swaps while sprinting?

Striker

Beaver Creek looks oustanding. However, what's with the Sword in the middle? Somebody said a Shotgun in each base? Do NOT want. It already spells overkill with a Rocket in the middle.

Assuming the Classic playlist will not have all those but even then, wtf.

ElRenoRaven

Awesome Barlow said:
Isn't that because he swaps while sprinting?

Beats me. I avoid armor abilities unless i have to use them and then I go with the greatest one known to man Armorlock. lol

*EDIT*

Ok spawned a sprint AA and checked. That would explain it. If he was sprinting and switched while sprinting it would reduce while reticule was disappeared and when he came out of sprint it would be reduced already. So there you go.

Also double checked and timed it. When I switched right before coming out of sprint you could see the reticule still retracting. So yea nothing to see there at all.

Awesome Barlow said:
Also, I have no clue whether I should get Battlefield for PC or 360. hmmm
I've never bought a Battlefield game for console and I don't think I ever will. The same goes for Valve games.

I'm getting BF3 for PC day 1.

It's going to be interesting when Bungie returns as a multiplatform developer. I'll obviously get any 360 version over PS3, but if Bungie ever adds an in-house PC version to the lineup the choice might be more difficult.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
cross posting from the MLG thread - just clarified something there:

Does this mean we could save the gametype from our recent played list and still have the same settings in custom games (like with the camo fix)?

Yes. Absolutely. The TU will NOT give users discrete control over specific granular elements, but you can simply save the new elements from Matchmade types and use them as a the basis for your own customs. It's not ideal (adding a new UI layer was out of scope) but it won't take more than ten minutes of browsing to get all the stuff you want/need. And we'll constantly be populating Matchmaking lists with updated stuff.

String names and descriptions can identify what changes are "in" a variant.

ElRenoRaven

OuterWorldVoice said:

Very interesting. Hopefully you guys will supply maybe some links in a weekly bulletin or something to make them easy to find.

GhaleonEB

PsychoRaven said:
Very interesting. Hopefully you guys will supply maybe some links in a weekly bulletin or something to make them easy to find.
Yeah, probably one Pro account could hold the variants with most of the options. I miss Bungie Favorites, that didn't get implemented in Reach did it?

ElRenoRaven

GhaleonEB said:
Yeah, probably one Pro account could hold the variants with most of the options. I miss Bungie Favorites, that didn't get implemented in Reach did it?

Nope. I would have loved a refined version of that too. Would have made it easier to find some of the better stuff out there.

Tawpgun

OuterWorldVoice said:
Good to hear. So after people posting stuff like the .map problem and shit....

I doubt you will answer this but...

Lets say HYPOTHETICALLY bloom is removed from Classic ++ gametypes. Would it be possible to save that gametype and play bloomless powerhouse or forge world games?

If there are some aspects of the classic ++ playlist that can't be transfered to old maps I sure hope there is a secret forgeworld hiding outside one of the Anni maps.

Awesome Barlow said:
In one of the videos he uses AR to kill someone and bloom is clearly there. This isn't footage of the TU game.

Why would they get rid of AR bloom? It's working correctly on that weapon and it would be broken without it.

OuterWorldVoice said:
B-but bloom is in the .map files, 8 GB update blah blah blah... amazing!!

I might go back to play Reach right now, so much hype.

Also, HaloGAF bloomless customs edition confirmed :D

Stinkles

A27 Tawpgun said:
If there are some aspects of the classic ++ playlist that can't be transfered to old maps I sure hope there is a secret forgeworld hiding outside one of the Anni maps.

The TU applies to all Reach code. Not just the new maps. Changes for new maps could be used in old maps.

Tawpgun

Gabotron ES said:

Someone save the gametype onto a USB stick at PAX. I don't even know if thats physically possible, but do it anyway :D

OuterWorldVoice said:
The TU applies to all Reach code. Not just the new maps. Changes for new maps could be used in old maps.
EhxGW.gif

TEpmI.png

I hope you're happy now Frankie. You basically guaranteed me failing my first semester of college. <3

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Frankie, you probably can't answer this but I have a very serious question. With the TU, if I wanted make it so that with the DMR, the bloom takes a second or 2 longer to reset, can I do that? One of my main issues with Reach is that you can shoot your gun so fast, you don't have to aim at all. I'd like to really just slow the game down to allow the better players to win. Thanks bro!

Gabotron ES said:

- We still have absolutely no confirmation of bloom removal.

Sure, there have been some very vague hints, but no solid evidence anywhere.

- We have no confirmation that the Classic gametypes will work on normal Reach maps.

For all we know trying to play "Classic ++ Slayer" on Countdown will result in "this map is not compatible with this gametype".

Uh, nevermind. Awesome.

GhaleonEB

lybertyboy said:
That dude has barely played any matchmaking. Oh teh noes.

On that note - anyone know how I re-link xbox.com to my new Xbox? When I queue up content from Marketplace there, on the Xbox it tells me it's associated with my other (dead) system.

Karl2177 said:
Am excite.
Given the distribution method - downloading game types to gain access to the options/settings - it looks like they're being rolled out at the game type level, similar to how the updated game types that Jeremiah's team rolled out were introduced (Speedflag, etc.)

Can we has PAX time now?

Stinkles

A27 Tawpgun said:
Someone save the gametype onto a USB stick at PAX. I don't even know if thats physically possible, but do it anyway :D

Won't work, devkit code is incompatible with retail. Just saving someone the humiliation of being thrown out of PAX by a husky but vigilant nerd.

wwm0nkey

ncsuDuncan said:
- We still have absolutely no confirmation of bloom removal.

Sure, there have been some very vague hints, but no solid evidence anywhere.

- We have no confirmation that the Classic gametypes will work on normal Reach maps.

For all we know trying to play "Classic ++ Slayer" on Countdown will result in "this map is not compatible with this gametype".
Actually we do on that one lol

Tawpgun

OuterWorldVoice said:
Won't work, devkit code is incompatible with retail. Just saving someone the humiliation of being thrown out of PAX by a husky but vigilant nerd.
Awww...

Can't wait for impressions and videos from Halofest!

Tashi

On a serious note, I'm pulling for Bloom to stay. Just wait another year until Halo 4 if you don't want bloom. I don't want it to be changed so drastically.

Edit: hopefully the TU is small, I have only 40mb left on my HDD lol

Tawpgun

Tashi0106 said:
On a serious note, I'm pulling for Bloom to stay. Just wait another year until Halo 4 if you don't want bloom. I don't want it to be changed so drastically.

Bro, it's only for certain playlists. Regular Reach, oh who am I kidding, MLG isn't going to change. At least nothing HUGE.

wwm0nkey

Tashi0106 said:

Edit: hopefully the TU is small, I have only 40mb left on my HDD lol
Well with the classic setting we kind of need bloom gone for it to fell like Halo CE lol

feel

wwm0nkey said:
Actually we do on that one lol
Not possible.

edit-
Tashi0106 said:
It will stay in regular playlists and gone from a bunch of new ones.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
OuterWorldVoice said:
that's impossible, 12TB of .map files, etc.

Tashi

GhaleonEB said:
Parallel playlists, baby.
So double the playlists and split the community bloom vs non bloom? Ugh, sounds like a nightmare. Either way, I'm commited to MLG with these events coming up and whatever they choose, I'm playing. I'm just hoping bloom stays in.

GhaleonEB

Tashi0106 said:
So double the playlists and split the community bloom vs nom bloom? Ugh, sounds like a nightmare. Either way, I'm commited to MLG with these events coming up and whatever they choose, I'm playing. I'm just hoping bloom stays in.
Frankie addressed this previously. The playlists won't be doubling, but changes large and small introduced in a set of playlists alongside some consolidation among the existing playlists. The mix will change as time goes on, depending on how the player base moves between the playlists.

Tawpgun

Tashi0106 said:
So double the playlists and split the community bloom vs non bloom? Ugh, sounds like a nightmare. Either way, I'm commited to MLG with these events coming up and whatever they choose, I'm playing. I'm just hoping bloom stays in.
No, No, No.

They're going to PROBABLY remove Team Classic, and put in like 1-3 classic ++ playlists. Speculation, but that's what I'm expecting.

Who's predicting a mid september release for the TU?

One year to the day would be great. Also whoever suggested the multiple weeklies is a genius. So excited for CEA.

OuterWorldVoice said:
So we just have to steal the dev kit unit, great!
Hopefully we find something like Halo4beta.exe in it.

wwm0nkey

Bregmann Roche said:
Who's predicting a mid september release for the TU?

One year to the day would be great. Also whoever suggested the multiple weeklies is a genius. So excited for CEA.
Im going with September 15th for the TU

Tashi

GhaleonEB said:
Frankie addressed this previously. The playlists won't be doubling, but changes large and small introduced in a set of playlists alongside some consolidation among the existing playlists. The mix will change as time goes on, depending on how the player base moves between the playlists.
Ah ok so one will die off. Ok so if I can be greedy and selfish for a second, I like the way Reach is. If a bloomless mode is introduced and MLG implements I'll be a sad sad person. I'll have to adjust though.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Gabotron ES said:
So we just have to steal the dev kit unit, great!
Hopefully we find something like Halo4beta.exe in it.

Don't make me release the hounds.

Please make me release the hounds.

343Frankie said:
Every time you complain about something you know can be changed at the press of a button, I will adopt a kitten, I will take it home, I will give it a bowl of milk, I will name it "Overkill_VR" and then I will punch it in its adorable little kitten throat. And it will be your fault.

Hahahahaha Frankie you are killing me. Bravo.

GhaleonEB

Homeboyd said:
A-thank you.
I woke up thinking about this. A MP weekly every week alongside alternating FF and Campaign Challenges. Though given UI changes were out of scope I can't imagine that would get in.

Tashi0106 said:
So double the playlists and split the community bloom vs non bloom? Ugh, sounds like a nightmare.
More like replace the classic/dlc playlists with newer classic/dlc playlists. One way or the other, default Reach settings will be available and prevalent. I wouldn't worry about it.

heckfu

Banned
I dont want to live in a world with classic maps and armor abilities. Damnation played such a specific way without having the aid of on-demand invisibility or jetpacking to get to certain spaces. Not saying I don't want to re-learn...I'm saying I won't.

Homeboyd

heckfu said:
I dont want to live in a world with classic maps and armor abilities. Damnation played such a specific way without having the aid of on-demand invisibility or jetpacking to get to certain spaces. Not saying I don't want to re-learn...I'm saying I won't.
You will have the option to play both versions. If you don't want the AA's, play the new classic playlist.

GhaleonEB said:
I woke up thinking about this. A MP weekly every week alongside alternating FF and Campaign Challenges. Though given UI changes were out of scope I can't imagine that would get in.
Would that mean no new challenges? If so... :-(

Top Bottom