• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

MrBig

Devolution said:
My OG xbox's cd tray won't open =/.
I'm having absolutely no problems on 360. Been in multiple 10+ player parties and no lag. Even a game of rockets on IT didn't lag.
-Yeti said:
Alright, so I set up XBC... No what?

Just try to find a System Link match?
Once you add your console wait in the system link lobby (right after where you choose your players) and then double click a game from the H2 listings and it will show up on your console.

MrBig

-Yeti said:
Hmm.. nevermind. Apparently it's not able to find my console. :/
The computer and 360 have to be on wired LAN. have your 360 sit in the system link game finder thing and then tell it to look for your console.

wwm0nkey said:
butter knife it open! lol

Well I think someone might have took it down to the electronics disposal place since I couldn't get it to open anymore so I chucked it into the garage. Chucked is probably the wrong word since that thing was huge.

StalkerUKCG said:
30ms ping limit will put a downer on it, guys gunna have to get the OG xbox out.
I would like to further clear up that the 30 ms ping limit is coded for all 360 games only(well almost all). It was a standard Microsoft put in place to prevent devaluing the Live service. That's why you shouldn't expect to see barely any more lag than you would from normally playing Halo 2 over live unless some of you have really bad connections. I'll be on 8 hours from this post. And I have all the maps :p.... on two of my consoles :D. It's unfortunate Tombstone and Desolation are forever gone for people who didn't download them for free before the OG live servers were taken down

senador

Banned
heckfu said:
Running a Mac, any ideas on how on how to get on since I don't have a copy of Windows to bootcamp my MBPro with?
When I was looking I basically learned there isn't a way to do it natively on the Mac. Looks like they were either developing a version or were looking into it but it never happened.

You can do it with Boot Camp or Virtual Box like I tried. I found a tutorial for this on their forums but I couldn't get it working. I gave up. I'll try again soon. This method still requires a Windows disc.

Edit: I'll post a link to that later if I can find it.

MrBig said:
The computer and 360 have to be on wired LAN. have your 360 sit in the system link game finder thing and then tell it to look for your console.

Well, I have my 360 hooked up directly to my laptop. Would that work, you think?

Also, I tried sitting in the System Link finder, and then tried searching for my console... No dice.

EDIT: I'm using Windows 7 if that has anything to do with it.

-Yeti said:
Well, I have my 360 hooked up directly to my laptop. Would that work, you think?

Also, I tried sitting in the System Link finder, and then tried searching for my console... No dice.

EDIT: I'm using Windows 7 if that has anything to do with it.
You still need your xbox hooked to the internet, I'm pretty sure. Just connect both to your router

I'd love to XBC some H2 with you guys sometime, but I lost all my DLC maps :/

Is there anywhere out there on them interwebz where you can DL the H2 DLC maps?

I just got the US OXM Octoober issue in the mail. It has H1 MC on the cover. It has some new screenshots of Halo CEA campaign.

It's pretty neat.

Steelyuhas said:
I'd love to XBC some H2 with you guys sometime, but I lost all my DLC maps :/

Is there anywhere out there on them interwebz where you can DL the H2 DLC maps?

For 360:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000930DA0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

If you have a soft modded OXB, PM me.

Barrel Cannon said:
I would like to further clear up that the 30 ms ping limit is coded for all 360 games only(well almost all). It was a standard Microsoft put in place to prevent devaluing the Live service. That's why you shouldn't expect to see barely any more lag than you would from normally playing Halo 2 over live unless some of you have really bad connections. I'll be on 8 hours from this post.

The ping limit is only for 360 titles bro, Halo 2 (played on a 360 or OXB) have no such limit.

thezerofire said:
You still need your xbox hooked to the internet, I'm pretty sure. Just connect both to your router

I would, but I don't have a router. I have a modem with one ethernet port haha. I'm using CLEAR (aka worst internet ever), so the modem has wireless capabilities, and that's how I connect my laptop. It's sad, really. :(

feel

Shake Appeal said:
I'm pretty sure it's quicker for me to pick up a controller, flick the stick, press A, and put it down again, then it is for someone to navigate to a button and keep their 'hand' over it for a few seconds using Kinect. And I expend less energy and have greater accuracy.
I said all that to my xbox as I was leaving the room on the way to the fridge! Can't beat that.

Noone said kinect cursor is supposed to be more effective than a controller or a replacement, but kinect does have its moments where nothing else comes close. I don't want it to replace a controller, and it's not supposed to (dumb shovelware being released for it doesn't mean anything), I defend kinect because I want it to be used to allow interactivity in new ways that were not possible before, whether the close minded folks embrace them or not, if kinect on Halo is redundant and something that is much better done in a controller just to simultaneously please MS and the cool internet kids crowd instead of 343 coming up with something neat thinking outside the box, I'll be disappointed.

edit- I need the dlc Halo 2 maps too, they keep getting deleted and there's no way to grab them from xbl now :(

MrBig

StalkerUKCG said:
Their is a way to get the maps and install them via USB i think. Since the maps are free i dont think its classed as piracy.
Yeah, we payed for the maps, if you can get them on there no one should be able to stop you.

Console detected on other pc but still no connections available in system link ugh. I'm doin' something wrong.

Oh nm figured that out too, what game are we joining and or how should I make one.

-Yeti said:
I would, but I don't have a router. I have a modem with one ethernet port haha. I'm using CLEAR (aka worst internet ever), so the modem has wireless capabilities, and that's how I connect my laptop. It's sad, really. :(
I think you might be out of luck until you get a router

Gui_PT

lybertyboy said:
No, there is another.

I swear to god this is the last time

PCtQM.png

Top Bottom