• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

I am Jonesing for some Halo 1...

To all you XBC'ers, a few questions:
1) How many people are on H1?
2) If there aren't many, how late are you guys gonna be on?
3) Can I run XBC from VMWare Fusion and succeed?

ElRenoRaven

Zoolader said:
No love for Halo 1 pc? I was wondering if you guys ever play customs in H1 or H2 for pc?

Yea. That's what we need to do. We need Regular Halo 1 and 2 PC customs. I'd be all over that regularly for damn sure.

wwm0nkey

Someone noticed something in the picture of the new armor on the floor

Untitled.jpg

safe to say its the same one that we have seen before.

Homeboyd

wwm0nkey said:
Someone noticed something in the picture of the new armor on the floor

Untitled.jpg

safe to say its the same one that we have seen before.
Wait... wait...

Wait...

Mini-spartan w/ big head mode confirmed for MP?!

1855648-shut_up_and_take_my_money.jpg

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
PsychoRaven said:
Yea. That's what we need to do. We need Regular Halo 1 and 2 PC customs. I'd be all over that regularly for damn sure.
I got a copy of Halo 2 PC last week, but can't get it to work for Windows 7. Anyone else have an issue? I still can't figure out a solution. :-(

If I ever get it working, I would love to do some customs.

omg.kittens said:
I got a copy of Halo 2 PC last week, but can't get it to work for Windows 7. Anyone else have an issue? I still can't figure out a solution. :-(

What's wrong with it?

Try this: http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?22030-Windows-7-Walkarounds-(Halo-2-for-Windows-Vista)

wwm0nkey said:
Better than the Trident games at least lol
Haha I don't know Mt Lam Lam might give that a run for it's money.

Devolution said:

Hahaha.

ElRenoRaven

omg.kittens said:

I remember reading about fixes for that somewhere. Have you checked the Bungie Halo 1&2 pc forums. I could swear fixes were posted there.

Zoolader

omg.kittens said:

That's a shame, I read about problems with windows 7 but thankfully I had no issues myself w/ Win 7 64-bit. There is suppose to be a patch in this link, also see if you have the latest GFWL update.

Homeboyd

Random thought about Firefight:

Would've been nice if FF Versus was two teams of two who compete for the best score through a set. Share the same enemy pool and whichever team ends up with the highest score at the end of the set (or time limit) gets the "win" and a performance bonus in cR.

Would be so unbelievably competitive trying to kill all the enemies before your opponents.

I digress...

Homeboyd said:

Would've been nice if FF Versus was two teams of two who compete for the best score through a set. Share the same enemy pool and whichever team ends up with the highest score at the end of the set (or time limit) gets the "win" and a performance bonus in cR.

Would be so unbelievably competitive trying to kill all the enemies before your opponents.

I digress...

Like this! With additional points for team work and negative points for dying of course! Rewards for kill stealing??!

FyreWulff

ncsuDuncan said:
lol, perfect.

Well played.

Everyone gets to Halofest.

David and Frankie pull back a curtain on the biggest screen in Seattle. The audience gasps and waits.

Reach is booted up. Multiplayer. David brings up the map select.

Headlong.

The map is loaded up. "Now, I've heard you've all come here on planes, trains, and automobiles. How many of you came by... bus?"

He walks over to the bus on the street of Headlong.

Hold RB to drive Metro Bus

Everyone's head in the audience explodes.

FyreWulff said:

David and Frankie pull back a curtain on the biggest screen in Seattle. The audience gasps and waits.

Headlong.

The map is loaded up. "Now, I've heard you've all come here on planes, trains, and automobiles. How many of you came by... bus?"

This should be real life!

Edit: Sorry for the dbl post

Homeboyd

FyreWulff said:

Headlong.

depends-adult-diapers.jpg

Would need.

wwm0nkey

FyreWulff said:

Headlong.

tumblr_lmsr0xDdcb1qc4j0a.gif

GhaleonEB

Homeboyd said:

I digress...
This is basically how most Firefight Doubles games play out, with two players gobbling up as many kills/points as possible before the end. I generally just work around the other player, killing guys they're not engaged with. But I can usually tell whether the other guy is being a dick pretty early - if I walk up to punch a Grunt and get bombarded by a full salvo of FRG rounds from above as he steals the kill, the gloves come off.

Here's one recent game where the guy was doing that. Note the score, and now note the graph of points over time. I landed a huge multikill during the Bonus Round with DMR headshots, winning by a single Grunt kill while he was reloading as time ran out.

I cheered at the end. I do wish a formal score competition was part of the game. A 2v2 mode would be great.

Blinding

omg.kittens said:

Microsoft has it classified as non compatible with Windows 7, though quite a few people have gotten it to run with Windows 7. It doesn't work on my machine because of my graphics cards drivers missing a .dll, one that can't be found anywhere, others have had issues because of the updates for Halo 2 Vista, etc. If it spits out an error code in the "Halo 2 Vista has crashed" popup, I'd recommend looking at it and using Google to see if there's a workaround for your specific issue.

Sean P.

Blinding said:
Microsoft has it classified as non compatible with Windows 7, though quite a few people have gotten it to run with Windows 7. It doesn't work on my machine because of my graphics cards drivers missing a .dll, one that can't be found anywhere, others have had issues because of the updates for Halo 2 Vista, etc. If it spits out an error code in the "Halo 2 Vista has crashed" popup, I'd recommend looking at it and using Google to see if there's a workaround for your specific issue.

Mine runs great and its running through bootcamp on my MBP

Blinding

Sean P. said:
Mine runs great and its running through bootcamp on my MBP

Yeah, it's really a shot in the dark in regards to if it'll work for you or not. It sucks because it worked on my old machine and I was excited to play H2V on my new machine just because of the jump in raw power, but all it did was crash and no one has found a work around for my specific issue. Oh well.

FyreWulff said:

The screen suddenly crashes down to the ground to reveal behind it... a life-size replica of Headlong!

It seems the Call of Duty XP event just got "owned"!

343 employees start handing out paintball guns and jetpacks. I take the gun but rudely reject the jetpack handed to me with a derisive snort. Preferring classic gameplay, I climb the skyscraper sans armor ability and take a running leap towards the I-beam bridge just as the loudspeaker announces:

"We regret that we were unable to patch fall-damage out of the game."

ncsuDuncan said:
The screen suddenly crashes down to the ground to reveal behind it... a life-size replica of Headlong!

343 employees start handing out paintball guns and jetpacks. I take the gun but rudely reject the jetpack handed to me with a derisive snort. Preferring classic gameplay, I climb the skyscraper sans armor ability and take a running leap towards the I-beam bridge just as the loudspeaker announces:

Okay. HaloFest Late Night with Duncan confirmed. Damn. Now I have to wash my suit.

Homeboyd

ncsuDuncan said:

I'll have what he's having.

Also, that's it for me.

Come on, let me have one.

Woorloog

Banned
It was great playing with you guys.
Reach BTB maps are horrible and the gameplay is not that great at the moment but you guys make it great.

Woorloog said:
It was great playing with you guys.
Reach BTB maps are horrible and the gameplay is not that great at the moment but you guys make it great.

yeah, you too and that goes to everyone else aswell 'specially monolith "elephant penis" gui!

Top Bottom