• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

thezerofire said:
wow you have crazy looking Milky Way
Are you guys not seeing the Destiny logo on that Milky Way wrapper?

ChenK said:
I would have thought, for Bungie it would be all about
Milky-Way-UK-Wrapper-Small.jpg

PooBone

OuterWorldVoice said:
Yeah I know. You've typed that before. I have to say though, that's a very unusual opinion and a bit weird. Most people like or love the reorchestration. But it's your opinion and you are 100% entitled to it. I just find it a bit perplexing.
I don't believe it's me your thinking of, but I could be wrong.
I'm not talking about the music by any means, or the reorchestration.... Sounds awesome imo. More the art design and some of the stories told. I remember watching every episode of Legends as it was available on Waypoint and being more and more disappointed every time, especially in The Package. So many details I found unnerving. Spartans with dreadlocks, Halsey as a little anime girl, Forerunner structures as old Japanese structures. I understand the original direction to let these anime artists do their thing and put their spin on it, and I know why lots of people dug Legends, but I did not.

GhaleonEB

urk said:
Q. How would you analyze the NPV of the individual cash flow required to sustain the "free candy" benefit at Bungie over the last twenty years? What data would you require and how would you calculate worth?
To find the exact value, I'd need a report showing the annual (prefeably, monthly) spending on said candy, and then discount it back to today's value based off of an investment rate of return netted against inflation. I could build a set of assumptions from which we could model some scenarios, though.

Might be worth looking at group rate for dental insurance (up) and employee turnover costs (down) as well.

PooBone

Ramirez said:
For the new page.

So, I'm watching Pawn Stars last night and this guy trying to sell his MC armor comes in.

http://www.history.com/shows/pawn-stars/videos/playlists/full-episodes#pawn-stars-off-the-wall

3 minutes into the video, watch this guy start moving around like a Navy Seal and his g/f watch in horror. el oh el

Some GIF material in there!
You know you're a nerd when you hear a guy say "Got the MBA5 assault rifle" and think "WRONG STUPID!!! GEEZ THIS GUY DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING!"

*shakes head*

Plywood said:
343 Super Team indeed.

edit: No Corrine Yu on list?

According to wiki: Halo Lead, Principal Engine Programmer
I forgot one of my favourite 343i girl? I thought that she were on the list.

Okay guys. Iin 30minutes I want to try a Deja Vu run. One spot is free, right now.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
PooBone said:
I don't believe it's me your thinking of, but I could be wrong.
I'm not talking about the music by any means, or the reorchestration.... Sounds awesome imo. .

Sorry, I totally misunderstood. Thought you meant music. And it wasn't you I was thinking of.some other gaffer has a crazy hatred for the soundtrack.

PooBone

OuterWorldVoice said:
Sorry, I totally misunderstood. Thought you meant music. And it wasn't you I was thinking of.some other gaffer has a crazy hatred for the soundtrack.

My opinion of the reorchestration is that it's new, so it will be like hearing it for the first time. As far as CE: Anniversary is concerned every single decision 343 has made is the correct one, from the perspective of an old school Halo CAMPAIGN fanatic.

Four of my last five games

bks.jpg

bks2.jpg

bks3.jpg

bks4.jpg

Can anyone honestly say guests don't ruin mm? Absolutely pathetic that somebody made the decision that guests could hold up in a playlist that spawns you with a one shot kill weapon like Team Snipers. I feel like an asshole to keep bringing it up on here like this but four of my last five games. Plus, one person quitting on a splitscreened tag means losing the whole or the majority of your team. Disgraceful.

FyreWulff

As an aside, did anyone ever catch the reference to the opening of "Halo" from Halo 1 in ODST? Or am I just imagining things.

Halo 1:

Your lifepod crash lands. There are two banshees that attack you. Once you kill one banshee, the other one will immediately retreat over the mountains.

ODST:

Uplift. After clearing the first section with the choppers and wraiths, where your ODST says "I'm oscar mike!", you go through the tunnel, and are immediately attacked by two banshees. Once you kill the first banshee, the second one immediately retreats over the mountains.

I noticed it back then but now realize that I'm pretty sure banshees don't behave like that anywhere else in any other game. All the ones in 2, 3, and Reach just keep at you until you destroy them.

Booshka

OuterWorldVoice said:
I am on a plane. Only Ellis can save us.
Surprise appearance of Mike DongBlain at MLG Anaheim, going to take Ogre 2's place on the God Squad and win without dropping a game.

senador

Banned
I'm with you thee henery, that shit sucks man.

I hope future playlists and Halos don't make me get matched with or against guests unless I too have guests.

stephen08 said:
Have you never played split-screen online with your friends before? It is great fun and something I hope stays a staple of Halo games to come.

True, but you should only be allowed in guest playlists or matched up against other guest parties. That shit sucks for the rest of us.

stephen08

thee henery said:
Can anyone honestly say guests don't ruin mm? Absolutely pathetic that somebody made the decision that guests could hold up in a playlist that spawns you with a one shot kill weapon like Team Snipers. I feel like an asshole to keep bringing it up on here like this but four of my last five games. Plus, one person quitting on a splitscreened tag means losing the whole or the majority of your team. Disgraceful.

Have you never played split-screen online with your friends before? It is great fun and something I hope stays a staple of Halo games to come.

thee henery said:
It's.. complicated.
You're right, I think guests should sectioned off, but they shouldn't be disallowed completetly.
The ranked vs social playlist setup in H3 kind of solved this, but brought its own set of problems, so doesn't to be seem a clear easy choice.

xxjuicesxx said:
You've gotta stop playing with these randys. Send FR's and join the HaloGAF White Knights BK Cleansing movement.

Cleanse the BK's don't be one.!

Lol'd.

Duly noted, i'll add you Gaffers should have done it ages ago, i've been on here long enough now lol. I am from the UK mind, but you guys won't mind seeing as American's always get host amirite?
lol :)

PooBone

wwm0nkey said:
Under Cover of Night

That is all.
There's too many classics I can't wait to hear again. Perilous Journey is a fav of mine. Covenant Dance. GAH! Need more footage w/ audio!

Risen

thee henery said:
Lol'd.

Duly noted, i'll add you Gaffers should have done it ages ago, i've been on here long enough now lol. I am from the UK mind, but you guys won't mind seeing as American's always get host amirite?

Great... now I have to read your every post with my smarmy and awful imitation accent... thanks.

PooBone

thee henery said:
Lol'd.

While I don't have the chops of one thee henery (Jesus those are are impressive stats) I need to buddy up w/ some Halo GAFers. I'll be doing LOTS of co-op runs in CEA and matchmaking in the new maps for Reach.

Ramirez

stephen08 said:

That's fine and dandy, but they should not be in the general playlists, they should be in their own area.

Split screen was fun when it was just you and your buddies, like Perfect Dark. I really don't understand the appeal of getting your poop pushed in online by people playing with a full screen.

MrBig

thezerofire said:
Wait, has anyone said whether you can get the remade maps outside of Halo Anniversary?
An unannounced amount of time after CEA's release they will be available on the marketplace.

senador

Banned
Frankles McSprinkles, what's up with Cryptum paperback? Is it really out or no? Why did you let bobs99 .. have one but not me? I has $$.

Top Bottom