• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

feel

Just watched the 650MB version of the BTS after only having watched tube versions earlier.

IT LOOKS GLORIOUS

lybertyboy said:
We're in the home stretch to release now. Since this is the first video game project I've been a part of since day one I gotta say I'm thrilled with the response so far. Anniversary continues to be the little project that could. I hope to one day be able to tell more of the story of this production. I am continuously in awe of what the entire team (Saber, CA, 343) have been able to pull off in such a short amount of time. But hey, I'm pretty biased.
Congrats and thanks for it all so far. The future of Halo shines bright. <3

Downloaded the HD version of the video last night. The outside of T&R looks stunning, especially the skybox. And hey, Jackal shields are glowing and awesome!

Hopefully CEA will be a huge success and cause the industry to consider how it handles remakes, instead of this trend of upscaling it slightly which seems to be taking off.

Is there a skull list out there? Quite a few of them seem to be returning from H3 & Reach if the icons are any indication, but some of them...

Devolution said:
If you get anything like these I will come over there and whoop your ass personally.
Hahaha!

No, something like this is what I had in mind:

sdlk08.png

But that one is a bit too bulky for my tastes. If it's going to be Halo related, it has to be subtly Halo. (Though my mind isn't set on it being Halo. I was just curious if you guys had any suggestions.)

Hydranockz said:
The Halo 2 cover art one was pretty cool.

Hitmon, you're a pretty cool guy that doesn't afraid of anything. Actually, most of that sentence might be false but you are pretty. Perhaps too pretty. You're going to need a tattoo with a certain... elegance.... to match your persona.

Which is why I am suggesting you etch the image of Hood from Halo 2 on your lower stomach.

Hood Life 4eva.

The Halo 2 cover art one was pretty cool.

Hitmon, you're a pretty cool guy that doesn't afraid of anything. Actually, most of that sentence might be false but you are pretty. Perhaps too pretty. You're going to need a tattoo with a certain... elegance.... to match your persona.

Which is why I am suggesting you etch the image of Hood from Halo 2 on your lower stomach.

Ramirez

Oh God, one of my buddies posted this on his FB page, he went to the midnight launch for Batman and hilarity ensued...

301632_243965732319521_100001182892187_634526_2002162962_n.jpg

I have a suggestion Hitmon, don't get a videogame tattoo, no matter how subtle it is.

Hitmonchan107 said:
I'm considering a forearm tattoo, and I might make it Halo related. (It'd have to be a subtle Halo reference.)

Any suggestions?

Regret

It's what you'll feel in a few years after getting a videogame tattoo.

thee henery said:
Regret

It's what you'll feel in a few years after getting a videogame tattoo.
Dear Humanity...we regret being alien bastards. We regret coming to Earth.

And we most definitely regret getting a raggedy-ass video game tattoo!

Blue Ninja said:
I never understood why people want tattoos, anyway. Especially videogame tattoos.

Yeah same here, what's odd is that people get tattoos usually in places where they cant necessarily see it with ease, it kinda defeats the point sometimes.

I've never felt much of an urge to disfigure my skin with indelible ink. But then again, I'm not fond of shoving pieces of metal through certain parts of my anatomy either, which is also quite popular.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
It's so nice not having to get on for practice everyday. That might change back though if I can make it to Providence lol.

PooBone

FyreWulff said:
It depends on where in the game. Some of them are just higher-res, a lot more are complete new art.

The Forerunner structures were more open to interpretation over the original, but changing the blue marble floor to something else in XBLA wouldn't have made much sense. Look at the skybox behind Cassandra in the first shot, there's a completely new cityscape.

I'd say a comparison would be the inside of the forerunner structures versus the opening battle of Silent Cartographer. One can be re-interpreted and work, and one you really can't change much without making it feel weird. So the SC battle is an instance of an upres area versus a re-interpreted area.

http://fpsgamer.com/content/perfect-dark-original-2.jpg
http://fpsgamer.com/content/perfect-dark-xbla-2.jpg
It's a good point. I've said it before but ever since Halo 3 came out I've always envisions the interiors of Halo CE to look like the Ark's hallways. So ornate and detailed. I got a wave of that feeling in the forerunner levels in Halo Wars as well.
Dax01 said:
From what I played of Halo: CE's legendary, it's the hardest out of Reach's, 3's, and ODST's.
Really? I think it's the easiest of the series besides ODST. It's so easy to fight the flood in CE. You can completely ignore the little infection spores.

Photolysis said:
I've never felt much of an urge to disfigure my skin with indelible ink. But then again, I'm not fond of shoving pieces of metal through certain parts of my anatomy either, which is also quite popular.
It's kinda funny, I'd love a tattoo or a piercing but I have such an unmanly fear of needles. It's not a fear, but rather a large squeamish feeling when I imagine a needle piercing my body! Yuck!

Halo tattoos are a bit odd. I mean, the UNSC logo is pretty sweet but sometimes they give off a very military-esque feeling which can only lead to weird scenarios if people think of it as an army one. "Were the helljumpers a regiment of paratroopers??".

On the other hand, I once saw a pic of a dude with a Chao from Sonic on his body.... I think the main thing when considering the tattoo is what exactly the game represents, especially when an image is on your flesh.

Actually Hitmonchan, I liked your previous idea a bit. What about those forerunner symbols?
allsymbolsv1s.gif

Hmm, I dunno lol.

Capture-9.jpg

I mean, no wonder the populations in freefall when new players are treated like this, their military rank tells you they're not ready for Legends etc.

Edit:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=829670822&player=The Henery

Two games in a row with a player on my team who couldn't manage a single kill.

Edit two:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=829673669&player=The Henery

OH MY GOD, three games in a row of this laughable shit!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL at those who thought second accounting was bad when the same but worse happens legitimately now!!!!! Everyone I play with is on smack with a newborn on their knee and the newborn is holding the pad, it's not truskills fault!!!!!

Edit three:

Forth game in a row

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=829677423&player=The Henery

Edit four:

Fifth game in a row

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=829680577&player=The Henery

And that's where I go play a different game.

That's five games in a row stacked sky high, towering with horseshit. What a fucking disgrace to Microsoft's mascot game.

PooBone

Tunavi said:
When exactly was "day one?"
Sometime in mid-2010. I just read the new Game Informer article last night that interviews Frankie, Bonnie, Kiki Wolfkill, and Josh Holmes. Good interview with a timeline of events, and some insight into Halo 4.

After reading it I'm pretty much 100% positive we'll be fighting forerunners AND precursors in Halo 4.

wwm0nkey said:
Only acceptable tattoo would be the Marathon one lol
I've come close to getting the CE legendary symbol several times.

FyreWulff said:
It's the only thing keeping me from 1000/1000ing Halo 2 Vista. Now I'm going to have jackals in my nightmares again.
I've beaten Halo 2 on legendary twice. Once in 2004 and once on the PC. It wasn't fun either time. Ridiculously hard and cheap. I still think the hardest part is those hangars in the first level.

PooBone

PooBone

Hydranockz said:
Fantastic! A certain friend of ours will like this!

@Poobone: I was wondering what PF could have meant. That's a pretty awesome tattoo.
Ha! Thanks man, guess I could have typed Pink Floyd.

Gabotron ES said:
First step to DLC required playlists, I want to play the maps I payed for!
The map packs were on Sale back in August/July. Did it give a push? Don't think so. Microsoft should really start a promotion like a Anniversary E-mail, where there is one section that advertises the Map Pack sale and that the packs are compatible with Halo: Anniversary. The sale should be a month and not a week. :)

Havok

Infamous Chris said:
Is this the first time an OT will have been |OT7|?
From a quick search, it's still the only thing that's reached OT5.

Edit: Out of context, this is a weird commentary on Scientology. This thread has thetans out the wazoo.

Havok said:
From a quick search, it's still the only thing that's reached OT5.
*brofists Havok*

In related news,

Thanks fucking teammates for quitting on us. We probably would've won if you hadn't. I swear, this playlist has the worst problem with quitting in recent memory (Halo 3 and Reach), as far as I can recall in my experience.

Also, is it just me, or is the sniper rifle easier to use in no-bloom gametypes?

feel

Infamous Chris said:
Is this the first time an OT will have been |OT7|?
that's why we need to eventually start Community side over as Halogaf |OT| and take the number into infinity instead of resetting it every couple of years :p

Top Bottom