• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Woorloog

Banned
BS achivements... Stick a flag carrier with a plasma 'nade? How? The fuckers don't get stuck on anything Reach anyway (seriously, i swear sticking people was easier in Halo3)... Ironically this thing is a real achievement.
Ghost and Headshot ones are fine though. Well the Ghost one would be if people didn't use armor lock.

Ah well, it seems that i'm going to check out the Reach maps in Forge when CEA hits and then i'll stick to CEA campaign and Skyrim and BF3.

Havok

Woorloog said:
BS achivements... Stick a flag carrier with a plasma 'nade? How? The fuckers don't get stuck on anything Reach anyway (seriously, i swear sticking people was easier in Halo3)... Ironically this thing is a real achievement.
...you wait for them to pick up the flag instead of killing them before they do it, then run up (or evade up) to them and stick them, accepting that you're going to die and hurt your team in the process. It's not rocket science.

Ken

Havok said:
Neither is screwing around in a matchmaking game for any of those achievements instead of playing for the objective.

Well, I've stopped caring about achievements and challenges so that might be why I don't care for achievement boosting. I guess I find it more fun to have the achievement popup appear randomly than setting up games just to get it done like it's some kind of barrier or work to do before one can start having fun.

Havok

Ken said:
Well, I've stopped caring about achievements and challenges so that might be why I don't care for achievement boosting. I guess I find it more fun to have the achievement popup appear randomly than setting up games just to get it done like it's some kind of barrier or work to do before one can start having fun.
I agree, and that's all well and good, but these achievements always change the behavior of people in matchmaking. I remember being betrayed for the Oddball on Ghost Town because of that dumb achievement. I don't want to be betrayed for my skulls when I, god forbid, am forced to play Headhunter, or see all of my random teammates floating just above ground level with their jetpacks to get a melee.

Striker

Terrible achievements.

I mean I don't find the Ghost splatters or the Headshot one too offensive, but most of them are all influencing a team, and players, to play differently instead of accordingly. Havok basically nailed it with the flag and sticky grenade stuff. If they're ever going to do MP achievements, which I'm not a fan of in this type of game, do something like "Be on a winning team and capture three enemy flags". Simple. Basic. It isn't doing something out of your normal way of competing in a game.

Tashi0106 said:
Lack of Midship.
If they had Midship in Anniversary, they would have raised the ceiling to alleviate the jet-packers. The changes for the Reach version in Anniversary of Beaver Creek isn't too offensive to me, but thankfully there is the regular version coming in.

Ken

Havok said:
I agree, and that's all well and good, but these achievements always change the behavior of people in matchmaking. I remember being betrayed for the Oddball on Ghost Town because of that dumb achievement. I don't want to be betrayed for my skulls when I, god forbid, am forced to play Headhunter, or see all of my random teammates floating just above ground level with their jetpacks to get a melee.

Yeah, achievements and challenges that promote playing the game in a degenerative way are terrible.

kylej

Banned
Striker said:
If they had Midship in Anniversary, they would have raised the ceiling to allievate the jet-packers.

kramerscared(1).gif

Hydranockz said:
This is just a single sticky though. I think to say it is worse than the other ones is not very fair to sticky grenades :p

Yeah until you play more idiots trying to get it.

Tashi0106 said:
They're just achievements guys.

Yeah I don't give a fuck about them but I'm in the minority. Stupid MP achievements encourage people to do stupid shit in MP. Doesn't anyone remember the bullshit mongoose splatter or the 5 stickes in one game in H3? Ugh. Then there were all of the terrific FFA ones that made that playlist so incredibly enjoyable.

Tunavi

Banned
Capture 10 skulls at once in a matchmade Headhunter game.
god damnit, now people are going to say "omg where is headhunter I love that gametype" when in actuality it fucking blows

also, stfu kylej

Crucio

You all seem like you wanted the multiplayer achievements to be easy. Whats the point of them adding achievements if they're gonna take 1 hour to finish. Suck it up!!!

@Dax: You have a good point there. Its true some of then were definitely not fun. Especially the Double Laser kill in Halo 3. Miracles. It took Miracles.

First it was Halo 3's bad MP achievements, then Reach's, and now Anniversary's? Why has it taken three games to not yet learn that these kind of achievements are not fun – and it would be better to not include MP achievements at all?

Why include achievements like this?

No, they're not impossible to do. Yeah, I probably will get them all within the first week. But the point is they're not fun. Especially compared to Anniversary's ingenious campaign achievements.

Besides Halo Wars, I have all the achievements for every single Halo game. I'm not about to stop now.

Havok

Crucio said:
You all seem like you wanted the multiplayer achievements to be easy. Whats the point of them adding achievements if they're gonna take 1 hour to finish. Suck it up!!!
People don't want multiplayer achievements at all.

Because they've all been dumb.

Havok

A27_StarWolf said:
They should come out with a remake pack for Halo 4 and then say. That's it. no more remakes. Ever.
In a world where every map is great, that'd be fine. But lately there's been a pretty high stinker:gem ratio with new maps. Having a guaranteed good map on the way is a good feeling.

Havok said:
In a world where every map is great, that'd be fine. But lately there's been a pretty high stinker:gem ratio with new maps. Having a guaranteed good map on the way is a good feeling.

Remember Bungie is not making the maps anymore. We don't even know how much the sandbox is altered.

I want that feeling of nothing is the same almost when it comes to maps, completely brand new, a little nervous, but the payoff would be good.

What I am NOT against are spiritual successors.

I think Countdown, Guardian, and any others you can think of are amazing.

Guarding especially.

Can you dig it?

Havok said:
Well, even if a quality map is remade it isn't guaranteed it will be good.

Homeboyd

A27_StarWolf said:
Remember Bungie is not making the maps anymore. We don't even know how much the sandbox is altered.

I want that feeling of nothing is the same almost when it comes to maps, completely brand new, a little nervous, but the payoff would be good.

What I am NOT against are spiritual successors.

I think Countdown, Guardian, and any others you can think of are amazing.

Guarding especially.

Can you dig it?
Countdown already is a spiritual successor...

Top Bottom