• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

senador

Banned
Waypoint's up on the iOS store

ATLAS is an in-app purchase

app is nice, but I'm not a fan of how a ton of UI elements aren't made with Retina in mind and look low-res as hell

Gooo. I am a retina snob now and refuse to use low res apps. Bummer. I won't be playing Crimson Steam Pirates til they update it too, and I paid for that one.

Edit: App is unresponsive and lacks inertial scrolling. It doesn't quite feel like an "app" either. Needs more like reading Waypoint content and such. I appreciate the effort, but I dunno...

Games that seem as if they would be anyway similar:
Read Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

Really? Left 4 Dead doesn't in anyway more closely resemble it?

l5d.jpg

Compare that to the TLOS screenshot :p The L4D shot is not ingame, obviously, but Zoey is a student afaik and look, a grizzled old man.

senador

Banned
^^ Wow that's not L4D? Geez...

The VGAs sounds like a dud this year. I had no excitement and didn't even realize they were tonight. I thought they were saying they'd be awesome this year. :/

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
My theory is that the voting for the most anticipated game of 2012 is fixed and we'll get a Halo trailer. It's already been planned out.

^ girl is new naughty dog game is straight up Ellen Page

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe it's because I usually have no interest in zombie games and so I'm not burnt out on the conventions/cliches, but I think The Last of Us looks fucking awesome. Love the tone, atmosphere, and what we've seen of the characters.

^^ Wow that's not L4D? Geez...

The VGAs sounds like a dud this year. I had no excitement and didn't even realize they were tonight. I thought they were saying they'd be awesome this year. :/

Sorry, my comment below the picture about gameplay was actually related to the L4D fan-photo thing. I was merely comparing the strikingly similar settings.

Narrative or not, it's still rather similar. It's like comparing BF3 to any number of modern war shooters if not more apt :p

I'm making up for a lack of Halo 4 goodness as we speak.

Havok

Pretty much, they skipped through most of the awards in less than 5 minutes. Its a real fucking disgrace
Five minutes? Over half the awards were given away in a 30 second montage, and more before the thing even started.

Surprise, this thing is totally insulting and Geoff Keighley is defending it with all his might against naysayers.

Tashi

If Frankie comes in here and says, "Guys, Halo 4, VGA's, stay tuned" I won't watch live. I'll wait until the trailer releases.

Tashi

Five minutes? Over half the awards were given away in a 30 second montage, and more before the thing even started.

Surprise, this thing is totally insulting and Geoff Keighley is defending it with all his might against naysayers.

No shit. Guy wants to make his money, can't blame him.

Karl2177

I didn't mind it when there was Halo stuff to be announced, but otherwise it's terrible. I'm still not hyped for Halo 4 nearly as much as I was for Reach(which is nowhere near that of Halo 3).

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
"A big chance like the VGAs" lolololol!

The VGAs are a pile of dogshit and couldn't mean any less than they already do.

343 just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about the Halo community (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is with Call of Duty where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Halo, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Halo community, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Halo 4, nor will they purchase any of 343's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but 343 has alienated an entire market with this move.

343, publicly apologize and show a trailer or you can kiss your business goodbye.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about the Halo community (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is with Call of Duty where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Halo, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Halo community, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Halo 4, nor will they purchase any of 343's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but 343 has alienated an entire market with this move.

343, publicly apologize and show a trailer or you can kiss your business goodbye.

The thing I like most about this meme is that the post that started it was barely even acknowledged in its thread.

Sai-kun

Banned

This is the most versatile meme.

Frankie can thank me later. This one image can be used to mitigate the tears of so many posters on those forums.

j3IfD.png

This is also my submission for the Halo 4 Chief that was requested earlier.

Hydranockz, is that your interpretation of MC's armor for Halo 4?

Yes! Square kneecaps are all the rage on Forerunner Shield Worlds. Also, Cortana modified the DMR with a larger barrel to increase bullet spread. This is to compensate for MC's faulty HUD display incorrectly telling him where his bullets were going. His 'package' has been optimised for inter-personell communications.

Top Bottom