• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Ken

So, playing the demo of Dungeon Siege 3 with my wife, any comments on the quality of this game?

Its on sale for $25 at amazon.
It's alright. I thought it was pretty fun in couch co-op.

If you're looking for coop fantasy loot games, I'd recommend LotR War in the North over DS3.

Spruced up the Links page a bit. Are there any other sites I should add?

I think tomorrow I'll work on the Members page and maybe add a HaloGAF History page to the About section (with links to stuff like the Bungie Humpday article).

vhfive

sorry for bailing bros but my cousin (who works customer supported for mw3 and got me a free copy of mw3) wanted to play so i had to say ok.

other than that I have to say beaver creek is still awesome

Rank_Nova_Original.png

jabba+the+hut.jpg

Evolved Into

Snorlax.png

Spruced up the Links page a bit. Are there any other sites I should add?

I think tomorrow I'll work on the Members page and maybe add a HaloGAF History page to the About section (with links to stuff like the Bungie Humpday article).
It would be cool to add people's Steam and PSN accounts to the page too. I'd volunteer to do that if you'd like.

Edit: Could the members page just have a list of every member instead of gamertags and mugshots? Then every member could have a page with their mug, avatar, bio (like you have planned), playstyle, timezone and a link to their profile and gamertag?

FyreWulff

Good games earlier (looks like you're done now). Still don't like the new TO, but I guess at least we got all Anniversary maps the first time around in both voting rounds. I guess you'll definitely know if everyone has Anniversary in that playlist. High Noon's sniper rifles still have too many spare clips

TU Squad Slayer was a spamfest just like I thought. Other team didn't seem to figure out that crouching with the DMR gives you zero bloom so some of those long firing lines on Boardwalk are great for cutting down people on 85%.

Compare that to the TLOS screenshot :p The L4D shot is not ingame, obviously, but Zoey is a student afaik and look, a grizzled old man.
The guy they fight at the start of the trailer is also a pretty good approximation of a L4D Hunter. The zombies are also fast zombies.

And the voiceover owes more than a small debt to Cormac McCarthy's The Road.

daedalius

It's alright. I thought it was pretty fun in couch co-op.

If you're looking for coop fantasy loot games, I'd recommend LotR War in the North over DS3.

It would specifically be for couch coop. Is there a demo for this?

Also just got to the Library part 2 in Halo 2 with the Arby, ready for that slog through all the flood!

NOKYARD

343 just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about the Halo community (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is with Call of Duty where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Halo, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Halo community, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Halo 4, nor will they purchase any of 343's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but 343 has alienated an entire market with this move.

343, publicly apologize and show a trailer or you can kiss your business goodbye.

pB02F.png

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just played through Two Betrayals and Keyes with a buddy on XBL co-op, and it's unbelievable how well the games holds up still. Ten years later, and it's still one of our favorite games.

Ken

It would specifically be for couch coop. Is there a demo for this?

Also just got to the Library part 2 in Halo 2 with the Arby, ready for that slog through all the flood!
War in the North has offline split screen. No demo that I'm aware of, unfortunately.

All I can say, Flipyap is awesome. He should post the pic here. (The purpose of this post is to urge him to post the pic, that he posted at Twitter)

Didn't Frankie or a Bungie developer clarify that this sculpture is a old Elite statue? Otherwise I'm never 100% sure, so I could talk BS again like I did at the Reach MP maps.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
All I can say, Flipyap is awesome. He should post the pic here. (The purpose of this post is to urge him to post the pic, that he posted at Twitter)

Didn't Frankie or a Bungie developer clarify that this sculpture is a old Elite statue? Otherwise I'm never 100% sure, so I could talk BS again like I did at the Reach MP maps.

This one?

41hoe.jpg

feel

letters1.jpg
^ good stuff, you're redeeming yourself for the constant pointing out faces in halo objects crap you keep pulling off

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I'm seeing a resemblance to something.

You are ordinary person with a dark past forced to become a solider and humanity's last hope with a companion, a clone of your mother, with whom you have a deep relationship with and she holds within her the secrets of humanity and more.

ORGKD010581lg.jpg

After reading Cryptum's description of precursors that image definitely looks like one, you can even see the two shorter lowwr arms and the long barb.

Though my bet is that it's just a high res concept of Kabutops and 343 is just trolling us.

After reading Glasslands's description of precursors that image definitely looks like one, you can even see the two shorter lowwr arms and the long barb.

Though my bet is that it's just a high res concept of Kabutops and 343 is just trolling us.
Um? Glasslands and precursors? Where? Which page?

GhaleonEB

So....Firefight Doubles last three rounds? Cause that "Kill 177 enemies in a single Firefight" challenge sounds pretty fucking ridiculous

Yup. With well over ~400 enemies (including the bonus round) it's a cinch.

You can really tell the Challenges that 343 increased and the ones they didn't that slip through. I read you mention this and thought it would make for a huge payout. Alas, a relic from another era slipped through.

Yup. With well over ~400 enemies (including the bonus round) it's a cinch.

You can really tell the Challenges that 343 increased and the ones they didn't that slip through. I read you mention this and thought it would make for a huge payout. Alas, a relic from another era slipped through.

I always assume the high challenge/low reward ones are there to test the waters. What will people do for the sake of this challenge? Will Doubles see a larger population as a result even with this payout?

GhaleonEB

I always assume the high challenge/low reward ones are there to test the waters. What will people do for the sake of this challenge? Will Doubles see a larger population as a result even with this payout?

Nah, those low payouts are from when Bungie ran the Challenges. The last time we had a Challenge like this (on my file, anyways, which is a couple months out of date) was in April, when it was 188 kills in one game for 1400 cR. Today is 177 for 1300. Similarly all the ones that jump out as having really small payouts are in line with what they used to be before 343 took over.

Just makes me appreciate how 343 juiced the payouts when they took over. Firefight Thursdays are a hoot these days.

Top Bottom