• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

FyreWulff

Local Best Buy has Legendary much cheaper than Amazon. Check out yours if you are in need of some sweet statue action.

Oh, I already got one. With the screenname I have, I was legally required to have the Eternal flames unlocked for my spartan.

Also, every time people use my Xbox they go to their armory and turn it on for themselves :p I have it off right now because it's hard to sneak around in objectives with a giant HELLO I AM HERE sign burning on top of your head.

ElRenoRaven

Local Best Buy has Legendary much cheaper than Amazon. Check out yours if you are in need of some sweet statue action.

Grr just seeing that for sale still really pisses me off. Twice we were told that oh this 150 buck edition is limited. And yet each one is still freaking selling to this damn day. Hell with Reach's we were assured that no no this time it's really limited. We're not lying this time. Sure enough there it is still being sold new. Any future additions assuming I buy the games Microsoft can go fuck themselves with their Legendary editions.

GhaleonEB

Reach Legendaries aren't that cheap.. but Bungie can't help when Microsoft orders a new print run when they're about to run out.

I always wondered what happened. Really bad form.

I try to make LE decisions based on whether it's worth $150 (or whatever) to me, since I just assume it will drop at some point. I actually regret getting the Reach LE, since it didn't have any content in it I really wanted. No art book, no bonus behind the scenes DVD. I'm going to be much slower to snap them up going forward, which I'd done more out of habit and for completion's sake than for the content.

ElRenoRaven

I always wondered what happened. Really bad form.

I try to make LE decisions based on whether it's worth $150 (or whatever) to me, since I just assume it will drop at some point. I actually regret getting the Reach LE, since it didn't have any content in it I really wanted. No art book, no bonus behind the scenes DVD. I'm going to be much slower to snap them up going forward, which I'd done more out of habit and for completion's sake than for the content.

It really is bad form without a doubt. I feel for Bungie because they were assured this wasn't going to be a case of the Halo 3 Legendary all over again yet it was. I lay the blame entirely on Microsoft's shoulders.

Also yea that's another thing that pissed me off too. The commentary should have really been included on a disc in it. The lack of behind the scenes stuff really was shocking too. Halo 2 and 3 has great making off discs that included making of, cut content, etc.

Blueblur1

Does Team Slayer have the TU settings? I just performed a sword block with a DMR melee attack and I was under the impression that TS didn't have those settings anymore.

daedalius

Aw, I like my Reach statue. Its right on my desk. Wish I had a scaled Master Chief to go with it though :(

Just about done with Halo 2 campaign I think, I'm enjoying it. Been quite a while since I played it.

GhaleonEB

I prefer it when companies roll out their games on their own terms, rather than tethering them to some awards or convention show bonanza. Would be great if they settle in and decide they're ready and just crank out an insane trailer. I was going back through the Skyrim threads the other night and was reminded how great Bethesda handled the build up to and release of their first gameplay trailer.

First footage was late February, game comes out in November. Assuming we see something in the first month or two of next year, Halo 4 is on a similar time frame (even assuming a September release).

Striker

Does Team Slayer have the TU settings? I just performed a sword block with a DMR melee attack and I was under the impression that TS didn't have those settings anymore.
Just Squad.

They didn't touch Slayer, which is weird since its plagued with camo and armor lock loadouts, which is half the setup of the TU setting changes.

I prefer it when companies roll out their games on their own terms, rather than tethering them to some awards or convention show bonanza. Would be great if they settle in and decide they're ready and just crank out an insane trailer. I was going back through the Skyrim threads the other night and was reminded how great Bethesda handled the build up to and release of their first gameplay trailer.

First footage was late February, game comes out in November. Assuming we see something in the first month or two of next year, Halo 4 is on a similar time frame (even assuming a September release).
I was surprised to see a Skyrim gameplay trailer, because there was no hype about it.

What if we get a trailer on January 3rd? It shows us some gameplay But after reading Primordium, we watch the trailer again and that. Yep. That will happen. Wouldn't it be awesome?

We'll will have new Halo 4 information within 56 days for sure.
Are we doing bets? Okay I'm saying that we will get new trailers and information withhin 365 days. I win. Can I has Recon a 343 hoodie?

FyreWulff

Just Squad.

They didn't touch Slayer, which is weird since its plagued with camo and armor lock loadouts, which is half the setup of the TU setting changes.

If they're smart, they won't touch Slayer. You really don't fuck with the lead playlist's settings.

I hope any update to Living Dead doesn't become TU Infection, because TU Infection is pretty much one of the most pointless gametype changes I've ever seen. Let's give the humans (that still have a pistol for some reason) an even more accurate pistol. And bleedthrough. In a shieldless gametype.

WHAT DO YOU KNOW?! SPILL IT.
Halo: Primordium comes out. And Frankie said:
“We made a decision about two years ago, that every story we made from now is going to matter and have some connections and have some real resonance in the Universe,” he said in a recent interview. ”So if you’re watching one of the terminals in Halo Anniversary or you’re reading one of the books or one of the comics in the next few years, they’re all going to have a meaning. That doesn’t mean you have to buy a novel to understand the game – in fact we want to make absolutely sure that all of the stories are self contained; that they are fun to understand with or without the deeper resonances and connections – but if you invest in the Universe, you will get a pretty good return on that investment.”
U mad?

Ramirez

God! I need some Halo 4 news, I'll take everything...I just can't believe we will end the year without any real info since August.

I wasn't aware there was any real info released in August either...? :p

Concept art is cool and all, but I want to know how the game is going to play, what's going to be the new hook, and just how much are they bringing back from Reach?

Thermite

Concept art is cool and all, but I want to know how the game is going to play, what's going to be the new hook, and just how much are they bringing back from Reach?

I just want MP details. That's it. I don't care about the campaign, story, concept art, set pieces; just MP.
GIVE IT TO ME, 343

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

Yup, we need some concrete facts. Bloom or no bloom? Armour Abilities or something else? DMR or BR? Arena or Ranked? Cup or no cup?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I wonder if 343 is now looking at this thread going "These guys are desperate for news, maby we should not release the vidoc tomorrow popcorn.gif".

And I bet a pencil pusher in the marketing department is sending threatening memo's every hour reminding everyone to stick the schedule. No fun until scheduled fun time!

kylej

Banned
Plywood I started watching Game of Thrones last night. That chick in your avatar is smokin'

Good show A+ would watch again

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Plywood I started watching Game of Thrones last night. That chick in your avatar is smokin'

LnkJE.jpg

Squad Slayer, Team Objective, and Multi-team have TU settings.

Agreed. I like when they just release the media when they want to. Rockstar does the same thing as Bethesda does, they just say hey we're releasing a trailer next week or something and then they do. I don't see those getting a lack of coverage or reach lol.

I see a little Game of Thrones talk, there will be a new teaser for season two tonight right before Boardwalk Empire. Can't wait.

kylej

Banned
She's nude again later and has sex.

/major plot point spoilers

I was watching it in a room full of dudes and beer. When that one slave chick started grinding on the blonde chick to show how her how to ride that big The Rock lookin dude there was a lot of awkward silence and crossing of legs.

Tawpgun

I know this is going to be low on a list of priorities for a Halo game...

But if you could keep the blood and bulletholes longer on the battlefield, like in Halo CE, that would be amazing.

I remember playing something like Prisoner and having that map be scorched and riddled with bullet holes after playing. Would be cool to see some micro-destruction as well.

Striker

The blocks getting broken up and space being created in Zanzibar was pretty cool, and an interesting setup for games in 1-flag and 1-bomb.

I was watching it in a room full of dudes and beer. When that one slave chick started grinding on the blonde chick to show how her how to ride that big The Rock lookin dude there was a lot of awkward silence and crossing of legs.

Drogo is hot.

Hey You

Its disappointing that because objective population in Reach sucks, it kills any chance for a Flag Playlist (even a weekend one).

I was remembering how much fun I had playing Flagstravaganza(Reach) and Team Flag (3).

Straight up CTF all the time. Wasn't Team Flag's population pretty good in Halo 3?

I know towards the end of Flagstravaganzas life the population was so hot.

I want to play Objective games on Community created maps.

Its too bad 343s resources are dedicated to 4, I would love weekend playlists (even without cR jackpots). Throw in Team Flag, Rocket Race, 3 ball etc.

Top Bottom