• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
If you wanna do it gracefully, wait until the Halo 4 thread is moved to community by Evilore. Whenever that is, the next thread after 20k should be HaloGAF OT 1

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
HuiL6.jpg

Confirmed: 343 replaced Reach with TU Reach so they could bring back classic Reach for Halo 4.
lG5Xo.png

nkK5c.jpg

jimcarrey.gif

You know the one lol
dFkgH.gif

I wish I could say I've never played Halo and made chicken simultaneously but, I just can't lie to you guys.

IT HAPPENS.

Or....

Uncovering the truth about Quitters in Reach.

Gui_PT

Halo: Reach |OT8| How'd you get that commendation? THE DICK SUCKING ONE!

Halo: Reach |OT8| That guy was one shot for two days

Halo: Reach |OT8| How old are you, Jesus?

TheOddOne

Halo: Reach |OT8| Nobody actually plays this game.

Halo: Reach |OT8| Psych-GAF has a bigger community.

Halo: Reach |OT8| Worse than Creepy-GAF.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
NeoGAF |OT1| Halo: Reach and BEYOND!

So you can make campaign custom challenges for kills and medals and make about 3000 cR per minute with the Target Locater on ONI. Bungie puts multiple systems in place to preserve the game economy and 343 Industries builds tools to break it. Bravo.

So you can make campaign custom challenges for kills and medals and make about 3000 cR per minute with the Target Locater on ONI. Bungie puts multiple systems in place to preserve the game economy and 343 Industries builds tools to break it. Bravo.

Because it wasn't possible before to use exploits in campaign to gain credits? Because I've seen enough people grinding commendations in campaign. And honestly, is it that big of a problem?

Karl2177

3 000 cR is such a big deal when it takes 2 000 000 cR to level up...

E: even if it is economy breaking, the economy is based on aesthetics, not anything really worth anything.

kylej

Banned
SSX looks pretty awesome. I find myself getting excited about games then when they actually come out I can't be bothered to buy and play them. Haven't even picked up Skyrim yet. Or Batman. Or Saints Row. Or Gears 3. Played about a half hour of the new Ass Creed.

I want to be 8 again.

SSX looks pretty awesome. I find myself getting excited about games then when they actually come out I can't be bothered to buy and play them. Haven't even picked up Skyrim yet. Or Batman. Or Saints Row. Or Gears 3. Played about a half hour of the new Ass Creed.

I want to be 8 again.

Very true, my biggest gaming marathon was on Mario 64, played that for 13 hours straight when I got it.

heckfu

Banned
Very true, my biggest gaming marathon was on Mario 64, played that for 13 hours straight when I got it.

Man, I remember the feeling the first time my dad rented us a 64 to test out before we got one for Christmas. Putting in Mario 64 for the first time was a freaking magical experience I won't soon forget.

Man, I remember the feeling the first time my dad rented us a 64 to test out before we got one for Christmas. Putting in Mario 64 for the first time was a freaking magical experience I won't soon forget.

Yep, deffo a magical gaming moment, aswell as 'landing on the ring' and exploring rapture. Those three have defined my gaming experiences.

monome

I want to be 8 again.

I want Halo 4, my AssCreed/Batman/Skyrim/Saints backlog makes me cower when I look at my console.

HaloGAF |OT| makim chicken

Let's hope the thread gets peppered with Halo 4 news.

H4loGAF |OT| trollim fronkle

Not to be in favor of the HaloGAF OT idea, but the tag line could be "Reach for the Sky" if we decide to go with that. We have Reach in there, but "the sky" implies Halo 4 and beyond!

Halo: Reach |OT8| Hire HaloGAF
Halo: Reach |OT8| We're on facebook!
Halo: Reach |OT8| Framkie nakes ganes mow
Halo: Reach |OT8| More mischief, less mister chief
Halo: Reach |OT8| Destiny is overrated
Halo: Reach |OT8| Let the big man do his job
Halo: Reach |OT8| Video game adaptation of the award winning book.
Halo: Reach |OT8| So full of hate were our eyes
Halo: Reach |OT8| A video game brought to you by HaloGAF

Not to be in favor of the HaloGAF OT idea, but the tag line could be "Reach for the Sky" if we decide to go with that. We have Reach in there, but "the sky" implies Halo 4 and beyond!
Or what about:

HaloGAF |OT1| Reach, Anniversary, and Dark Planetoid Rising
HaloGAF |OT2| Reach, Anniversary, and Learning to BELI343
HaloGAF |OT5| Reach, Anniversary, and Waking Up John
(Or whichever one we're on.)

Then:

Halo 4 |OT| Dark Planetoid Risen
Halo 4 |OT2| Fronkie Saved
etc.

Until Evilore moves one to community. When that thread hits 20,000:

HaloGAF |OT6| Anniversary, Halo 4, and cliffhanger endings.
(Or maybe start the numbering back at OT1.)

Dayum, nice credits!

Finished More than a Handful and Dedication/Time challenges on a game of Breakneck BTB - payout was 40k.
Nice! I really need to start paying attention to my credit payouts - I usually just skip that screen.

----
Blarg, I keep reading "Breakneck" and thinking "Breakpoint".

I wonder how much thought goes into naming maps - I'm sure there are a lot of factors to take into account: localization, marketing, etc.

Most of the remake names are pretty solid:
Prisoner - Solitary
Damnation - Penance
Timberland - Ridgeline
etc.

"Breakneck" just doesn't seem as natural a name for a "Headlong" remake. I guess there aren't a ton of synonyms for it - I wonder if "Reckless" was considered.

heckfu

Banned
Damn. You guys are seriously gonna use the last 700 posts of this thread deciding on the name of the next one.

Halo: Reach |OT8| We Have Crotchety Old Men
Halo: Reach |OT8| No Thread For Old Men.

basically, any joke about Wu being old would work here.

GhaleonEB

but if we do that we have to make a pact that these same people dont branch a halo 4 thread. having a reach AND anny OT was too much to keep up with. Just go to halo 4 when the thread gets there.

I'm going to shoot a PM to a mod and ask about this. My suggestion is the Reach OT's evolve into the community Halo threads until Halo 4 hits, at which point we have the Halo 4 OT. That way we have an official place to talk all things Halo (as we do now), until a thread the Halo community will migrate over to arrives.

Top Bottom