• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I vote HaloGAF OT. It has a certain je ne sais quoi.

I just wanted to say je ne sais quoi.

Tawpgun

Starwolf wat.

You're missing a key point here about the talent pool of map makers and the potential. Right now with the current forge and forgeworld there is a set bar for potential maps. I see TONS and TONS of seemingly awesome maps. But only some ever get into matchmaking.

With more possibilities you are giving people more potential. There will be AMAZING maps made by people who take the time and are devoted to making maps.

Those "frustrated" players you are talking about are the ones whose maps are never going to get into matchmaking. The casual forgers who make simple maps, mini games, etc. They can do MUCH more with a Far Cry 2 editor than they can with Forge. They won't get frustrated, they'll love it. Creating mountains, valleys, rivers etc. They'd still have the option for blocky maps too. A Halo Far Cry 2 map creator will do everything Forge already does, but more.

The difference is in the "skill gap" and learning curve if that makes sense. The best of the best will be free to create AMAZING maps. But there will be fewer of these top tier map makers. But the quality will be higher.

Casual forgers win. Super hardcore forgers win. The community wins. Only one who might lose are the forgers who want to become the best. They have a steeper climb. Oh well.

Lockout.jpg

Dear 343i (fronkie)
Ill have this back please, ill even let you
Demand you
use the lockout BSP.
You can slap some new textures and lighting on the beast.

Edit: Also remember when black-eye used to stop the snow in lockout wtf was all that about.

FyreWulff

Lockout.jpg

Dear 343i (fronkie)
Demand you
use the lockout BSP.

Edit: Also remember when black-eye used to stop the snow in lockout wtf was all that about.

Interestingly, the only pieces we're really missing is the center platform and the grav lift room, and we'd pretty much have 90% of Lockout's original BSP in Reach. The part of that map in the upper left is Room, Triple.

Having the center piece would have definitely helped for remakes though, as it's the most costly part to build in terms of performance.

feel

I thought we tried to have a HaloGAF specific thread in the past but it got shot down by the mods. I could be wrong though.
Worth a new try in this Community section era. If the majority of the votes are in favor, Ghal should PM an Admin and ask about it. If it gets denied it's not a big deal really.

Ramirez

Lockout.jpg

Dear 343i (fronkie)
Demand you
use the lockout BSP.

Stop posting pics of when Halo was cream of the crop, hurts my soul.

heckfu

Banned
And split the HaloGAF population? That would be... fitting.

-------
I vote "HaloGAF |OT1| Reach and Anniversary" but really it's up to Ghaleon/mods.

(And yes, |OT1| instead of just |OT|. Let's not kid ourselves.)

but if we do that we have to make a pact that these same people dont branch a halo 4 thread. having a reach AND anny OT was too much to keep up with. Just go to halo 4 when the thread gets there.

but if we do that we have to make a pact that these same people dont branch a halo 4 thread. having a reach AND anny OT was too much to keep up with. Just go to halo 4 when the thread gets there.

Nope - keep the HaloGAF OT as the official Community thread for all Halo games, but still post a Gaming-side OT for each new release.

So when Holiday 2012 rolls around:

Gaming side - Halo 4 |OT| Fronkie Saves
Community side - HaloGAF |OT5| Reach and Anniversary

Then once the Halo 4 thread hits 20,000 posts, instead of posting a Halo 4 |OT2|, just make the last post direct people to the community thread and update the name:

HaloGAF |OT5| Anniversary and Halo 4

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Nope - keep the HaloGAF OT as the official Community thread for all Halo games, but still post a Gaming-side OT for each new release.

So when Holiday 2012 rolls around:

Gaming side - Halo 4 |OT| Fronkie Saves
Community side - HaloGAF |OT5| Reach and Anniversary

Then once the Halo 4 thread hits 20,000 posts, instead of posting a Halo 4 |OT2|, just make the last post direct people to the community thread and update the name:

HaloGAF |OT5| Anniversary and Halo 4
Makes sense to me.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
The Halo 4 OT will hit 20,000 the day the game releases. It almost happened for Reach. I still don't get why we must split. Whatever, I don't wanna make a big deal out of it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck it, new sub forum just for HaloGAF. I'll PM Evilore right now.

The Halo 4 OT will hit 20,000 the day the game releases. It almost happened for Reach. I still don't get why we must split. Whatever, I don't wanna make a big deal out of it.

Hmm, true. Then revise what I posted:

Keep the HaloGAF OT in the Community side. Some people will still play Reach after Halo 4 launches, some of HaloGAF will still post there to not get buried in the fast-moving Halo 4 thread.

When Halo 4 |OT| inevitably hits 20,000 posts in record time, post Halo 4 |OT2| in gaming side as well. Repeat until things slow down and the Halo 4 thread is ready to be moved to the Community side. Then instead of posting the next Halo 4 OT just update the HaloGAF OT name.

I imagine most people will be posting in the Halo 4 OT, but the HaloGAF OT will still be there once the randoms lose interest.

Top Bottom