• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Mesonak

I'm thinking of picking up an X1 for this, still. Thought passed me by when MCC launched but the issues kept me away. I'm not a hardcore Halo player but have always enjoyed the games a couple years after the launch of each iteration. Always enjoyed the MP, aside from the frame rate drops and COD like drops in H4. Finally getting through 4's campaign and feel the inner hype building again to play MCC. Reading mixed responses after the latest patch, what are your guy's opinions on if it's worth getting an X1 for this at this stage of post-release support.

PERSONALLY SPEAKING, the last patch fixed the most important issue I had since launch: stability. BTB games specifically still can take some time to find games, and there was a weird glitch I was having immediately post patch where games will sometimes end randomly. On the whole, though, the major stability issues that had plagued my game since launch (dropping from parties, failing to connect to games, not being able to join my friends, etc.) improved substantially alongside average matchmaking search times.

The game's launch was an inexcusable travesty, but it's Halo; it's undeniably fun to play and the next update will add in some penalties to curb the quitting problem. I still have a ton of fun with it so I'd recommend picking it up.

Ghazi

I'm thinking of picking up an X1 for this, still. Thought passed me by when MCC launched but the issues kept me away. I'm not a hardcore Halo player but have always enjoyed the games a couple years after the launch of each iteration. Always enjoyed the MP, aside from the frame rate drops and COD like drops in H4. Finally getting through 4's campaign and feel the inner hype building again to play MCC. Reading mixed responses after the latest patch, what are your guy's opinions on if it's worth getting an X1 for this at this stage of post-release support.

It's on sale for $30 I think at Amazon, so it isn't a terrible price. Matchmaking is somewhat functional now, game has a lot of game specific smaller bugs as well as some campaign issues, but it's playable now.

Mike Golf

Thanks for your input Mesonak and Ghazi. Best price right now I could find for a new X1 with a year of Live and MCC will cost aproximately $424. Might take the plunge this next payday or after my tax return comes in.

Just finished H4 last night and am replaying on Heroic. I rather enjoyed it overall to be honest.

Does anyone else still get errors when trying to connect to their friend's party in this game? I can connect to my friend in all of our other games, but we get an error no matter what we try in Halo MCC. We can both play on our own in multi. Any tips?

Does anyone else still get errors when trying to connect to their friend's party in this game? I can connect to my friend in all of our other games, but we get an error no matter what we try in Halo MCC. We can both play on our own in multi. Any tips?

Make sure both your NAT's are open.

Mike Golf

So I picked up an X1 yesterday and set it up last night, finally getting into MCC after 5 hours or so of downloading the digital version. I haven't been able to match into a single MP game. I've been looking up tutorials online and even after changing my NAT to open I still get nothing. What is going on?

EDIT: Just now got into a match of H2:A. Will see how it holds up.

So I picked up an X1 yesterday and set it up last night, finally getting into MCC after 5 hours or so of downloading the digital version. I haven't been able to match into a single MP game. I've been looking up tutorials online and even after changing my NAT to open I still get nothing. What is going on?
343 rushed the game out before it was done, and it still isn't done.

The other night I was in a party of 6 trying to play multiplayer and I can't tell you how many times we all lagged out, the game froze, and the multiplayer just refused to load the games, which if course ended up with everyone having to restart their game each time this happened.

In the span of 3 hours we must have played only 3 to 4 games.

Mike Golf

The other night I was in a party of 6 trying to play multiplayer and I can't tell you how many times we all lagged out, the game froze, and the multiplayer just refused to load the games, which if course ended up with everyone having to restart their game each time this happened.

Oh no, I'm well aware of the fraught history of the game since launch. That's why I waited to jump in until it was at least in a serviceable state. I ended just finishing 3 matches in a row, just had to wait about two or three minutes for match making each time. Once in the game I didn't experience any disconnecting or lag. If it continues like this for me I'll be willing to play often, but even this is still too slow for standard match making.

Chitown B

there are rumors they based the game upon an X1 model of service/firmware that never came to fruition, at least yet. There were supposed to be a lot more solid dedicated services upon launch and they just haven't happened yet. Some things like dedicated chat are coming soon.

Does anyone else have any problems with the Reclaimer level in Halo 4 where the level just does not load and you just fall to your death? I really wanna finish this game, but it makes me sad I can't finish this level.

Toa TAK

Banned
Does anyone else have any problems with the Reclaimer level in Halo 4 where the level just does not load and you just fall to your death? I really wanna finish this game, but it makes me sad I can't finish this level.

Welcome to TMCC.

Can you restart the level or are you doing a playlist?

ODST got ported because it would just be a campaign (no FF :( ) and its already basically the HAlo 3 engine.

I knew ODST was being ported but NO firefight? :( indeed

Firefight was legit. One day regional dedis will match with friends playing an online coop game as good as FF.

New update released today.

Ranking
-- Made a variety of improvements to ranking consistency and penalties
-- Resolved an issue that could cause a player to rank down excessively, such as dropping multiple levels after a loss
-- Resolved an issue that caused a player's rank to appear incorrectly

Due to these changes, Halo 2: Anniversary ranks will be reset tomorrow. Also, ranking systems will finally be coming to other playlists as soon as tomorrow, starting with Team Slayer and the Halo Championship Series playlists.

Quitting & Betrayals
-- Added new quit and betrayal penalties to matchmaking
-- In ranked playlists, quitting a match is now treated the same as a loss. Quitting is defined as exiting the game in any fashion before it completes. If you quit a match, your ranking will be impacted, and this may result in dropping a level
-- All quitting and betrayals are being tracked automatically, and action will be taken against offending players who commit these offenses more than what is considered normal behavior

Halo: Combat Evolved
-- Resolved an issue that was causing off-host players to deal more damage than the host in peer-to-peer custom games
-- Updated Derelict to include the Rocket Launcher when selecting the "Classic" weapon set
-- Made improvements to vehicle weapon accuracy
-- Resolved an issue that caused incorrect bullet and grenade collision with an invisible object on the map Derelict
-- Fixed the "Boxer" controller layout by switching the "switch grenade" and "throw grenade" buttons

Halo 2 Classic
-- Resolved a hitbox issue where shooting an enemy's weapon from the front would not cause damage
-- Corrected the matchmaking Team Ball respawn modifier from "Inheritance" to "None"

Halo 3
-- Updated Forge to include editing for all game types
-- Made significant improvements to audio, specifically in regards to weapon fire and sound effects
-- Made improvements to multiplayer networking stability
-- Made improvements to controller "deadzones"
-- Resolved issues that were causing multiplayer stats not to track correctly
-- Resolved lighting and shading issues occurring on the multiplayer map Sandbox
-- Resolved an issue where the Golf Club object did not appear correctly in Forge

Halo 4
-- Resolved an issue where Primary Weapons could display in the Secondary Weapon slot after removing the Firepower Tactical Package

Parties
-- Made improvements to voice chat consistency, specifically in team-based matchmaking games
-- Resolved an issue where a player may not hear another player via voice chat after completing a game
-- Improved party functionality, specifically in regards to game invites and joinable states
-- Increased the speed at which the roster populates with Xbox Live friends after completing a game
-- Resolved an issue where players could get stuck on the "Leaving Matchmaking" screen for longer than usual
-- Resolved an issue where players were unable to join immediately after becoming Xbox Live friends

Achievements
-- Resolved an issue where the "Begins with a Single Step" achievement did not unlock correctly
-- Resolved an issue that caused "The Guardians Are Coming" achievement to not unlock correctly
-- Resolved issues that caused complications with Spartan Ops achievements unlocking

UI, Stability, and Misc.
-- Made a variety of improvements to UI throughout the title, specifically in regards to notification messages and stability
-- Improved Playlist and Campaign Career Stats tracking for Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4
-- Made a variety of significant improvements to stability throughout the title

Also, Halo 3: ODST and Relic will be released in May.

MegalonJJ

Banned
New update released today.

Also, Halo 3: ODST and Relic will be released in May.

Can someone comment on how it now feels compared to the last patch please.

I take the messed up Halo 3 audio is now fixed?

Plus, does it feel less like a beta and more like a finished, polished game now?

HTupolev

I take the messed up Halo 3 audio is now fixed?
Not sure about channel correctness yet. Filtering is improved but not completely fixed. The general mixing is still off.

Plus, does it feel less like a beta and more like a finished, polished game now?
If the last couple years hadn't sent my standards for a loop, I'd say it still feels alpha.

Computron

Not sure about channel correctness yet. Filtering is improved but not completely fixed. The general mixing is still off.

If the last couple years hadn't sent my standards for a loop, I'd say it still feels alpha.

I haven't had a chance to try it yet. What exactly are you unsure of? the directionality of the audio being right/wrong? its pretty bad last time I was playing so i figure it would be immediately noticeable..

HTupolev

I haven't had a chance to try it yet. What exactly are you unsure of? the directionality of the audio being right/wrong? its pretty bad last time I was playing so i figure it would be immediately noticeable..
I just wasn't testing anything that would give a good sense of directionality. (Also, I'm presently using a crappy stereo setup.)

pacman85

So crazy that this game is just now (probably still stuff to fix) getting to the point of what I expected when I picked it up back in November. I barely even have any interest to play it anymore now though. That's so sad because I used to love Halo so much. I wonder if there is a lot of people even still playing this game.

So crazy that this game is just now (probably still stuff to fix) getting to the point of what I expected when I picked it up back in November. I barely even have any interest to play it anymore now though. That's so sad because I used to love Halo so much....

Just give it another chance. It will suck you back in.

Korosenai

Why did they make Halo CE 2v2? I enjoyed it being 3v3. And if they're going to change it to 2v2, then the least they can do is change the score to win to 25.

Why did they make Halo CE 2v2? I enjoyed it being 3v3. And if they're going to change it to 2v2, then the least they can do is change the score to win to 25.

Yeah, it's a little disheartening.

A younger me would say 2v2 or bust, but I'm older now...crappier now. I enjoyed the more frenetic pace of 3v3. I also only ever have 1 friend I'm able to play with who's not quite up to where I am, so it makes it harder. With a third person, it helped alleviate that gap.

So I bought the MCC at launch and yet it is telling me that I have to pay $4.99 for ODST. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? I am so annoyed right now.

My girlfriend bought MCC with me at launch and she never even got her free month of Xbox Live, so yeah. This whole thing has been pretty laughable.

Top Bottom