• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF Halo 5: Guardians Launch Montage |OT|

Oozer3993

I shall try and find a clip or two to submit. I make no promises. My play thus far has been unspectacular. The proposed minimum of T-Swizzle makes me a sad panda. Every facet of life could use more Taylor.

Akai__

Wished I had something to submit, but it's hard to play this game with these delays. All I had was a Tashi ceiling and not a very good one. Maybe next time.

Still looking forward to the montage. It's cool to see that somebody puts in time to make one for the community.

Glass

Will this be an Arena based montage or can Warzone get in on the action too? My aim is still too trash for any good Arena plays.

Wait did the deadline change?

Edit: Oops i guess i should probably read the thread first huh. Glad it moved back a bit, I haven't gotten lucky and landed anything crazy yet!

Final reminder - entries close midnight 11:59GMT 14th November. (Tomorrow)

Please get all your final submissions in before that point. :)

Come on folks, last day - get those clips sent. If I see one post that says "Why did no-one tell me about this?" lamenting on missing the deadline, I'm going to flip.

Send your clips.

First time seeing the thread. That montage vid is incredible. Gives me new appreciation for both the game and the skills of the players.

BraXzy

I wish I could go on Waypoint, look at game history and filter for matches with my killtrocity medals or something. There's so little info on past games played to maybe find good clips in.

I'm an idiot.

Got a double kill with a ground pound on a guy assassinating another guy in FFA (making it a yoink too) but took a screenshot instead of a clip.

SMH.

I wish I saw this topic before the deadline. Oh well, I'm look forward to seeing it when it's finished.
I'm an idiot.

Got a double kill with a ground pound on a guy assassinating another guy in FFA (making it a yoink too) but took a screenshot instead of a clip.

SMH.
Go into theater and replay the match. If it's still saved on the HDD.

If you've got clips send them. I've been going through my emails all morning. There was a deluge last night, so I don't mind if there's a few more. Its a shame DVR doesn't render at 60fps though!

Some absolutely STELLAR stuff from you fine folks though.

Still hoping for music/name suggestions!

m23

If you've got clips send them. I've been going through my emails all morning. There was a deluge last night, so I don't mind if there's a few more. Its a shame DVR doesn't render at 60fps though!

Not Taylor Swift.

Zeta Oni

Just play "Danger Zone" until the video ends, everyone will love it.

Seriously though, it depends on what your going for. The simplest answer would be to use some hype building Halo music from one of the games since it makes it all more cohesive. Something like "The Trials" or "117".

If your looking for something with a bit more rhythm, Diplo (and by extension, major lazor) makes some bangers I think would be great for a montage, particularly something like "revolution".

Rap wise, montage worthy stuff is a bit harder to choose. I guess to show unity Wu-Tang Clan would be nice, something like "protect your neck". Kanye Wests "Power" is another popular choice.

Rock(ish) wise, "Sleigh Bells" by Riot Rhythm, or "Beasts of America" by Nico Vega.

I could go on, but again it's really dependant on the tone your trying to set with the montage. Is it about skilled Halo players kicking ass? Is about a previously dead community seeing a revival? Music choice should reflect your theme in some way IMO.

Top Bottom