• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCKaos

jbji0W7Ca8x515.png

Tawpgun

I had GAF gold for like a month a while back. It was pretty neat. the nsfw secret forum was hilarious.

but I didn't feel like paying for another thing a month.

neoism

I had GAF gold for like a month a while back. It was pretty neat. the nsfw secret forum was hilarious.

but I didn't feel like paying for another thing a month.

-_- its hard to figure out if serious, where/who do I talk to or go to get it.. and how much per month.

heckfu

Banned
So PAX feels like it's around the corner and I know we'll have a lot of folks attending from this community. Does anyone feel like making a new HaloGAF tshirt?

So PAX feels like it's around the corner and I know we'll have a lot of folks attending from this community. Does anyone feel like making a new HaloGAF tshirt?

I'd love to!

I'm going to try and find a plushie of Snoopy (my avatar cat) if possible too. Or wear his glasses, anyway.

I still remember before Halo 2 when my little bro and I would stack Warthogs on top of each other and and grenade blast them to the top of Silent Cartographer so that eventually we'd have two Warthogs on top of the map and then joust them together like idiots. It was so much fun.

I want to joust warthogs in Halo mp now :(

edit: oooh! Or try to throw our bodies into the "rings" during that one random cut-scene in the middle of the Silent Cartographer. You know, when the Chief kicks the rock down the Abyss? There was a checkpoint there and we'd always jump off the ledge and try to land in the hole way down below to score points. We'd sabotage each other with grenades and such so the other person couldn't "score." Good times.

Booshka

This is how it´s going to be. This is how. I just can´t anymore. I can´t.

Corridors and QTE's, it's the future of Halo.

Cling to the nostalgia all you want, but the real Halo fans will be shuffled through narrow combat spaces and tapping buttons when we are prompted to do so.

Booshka

Get this theme:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=65642751&postcount=577
It's pretty sexy.

Also, because my internet recently got upgraded (a whopping 2mbs upload now) I've now got a stream. Planning on buying Trials Gold for PC and streaming some of that in the future. Until then I'll switch between some other games.
Link: http://www.twitch.tv/overdoziz

What is your upload, that is what really matters when it comes to streaming, if it's 2 mb go for 480p and you should be good. Otherwise, drop it to 360p so your stream isn't a slide show.

Oh man some guy on Gaf made a post on the 'being good at games' thread saying he was a Reach Inheritor. I looked at his Bungie.net and he is a 24 in Halo 3.

I hate what Reach did to Halo :(

Overdoziz

Banned
What is your upload, that is what really matters when it comes to streaming, if it's 2 mb go for 480p and you should be good. Otherwise, drop it to 360p so your stream isn't a slide show.
Yeah, I won't be streaming in extremely high quality or anything. It'll be better than 343's stream, though.

The worst thing about Halo is we will probably never get the Halo 4 we should have got after Halo 3. An expansion of that game, a multiplayer with equal starts, expanded theater mode, a campaign that actually made real use of the planet the Chief was drifting towards in the Legendary ending.

I love ODST, I enjoyed Reach, 4's multiplayer is fun if you get the right settings, but nothing has offered the total package Bungie gave us with Halo 3. I wanted a sequel to that game, but I never got it, and likely never will.

Booshka

Reach is my 2nd Favorite Campaign in the series, I surprisingly enjoyed it. Less emphasis on Brutes goes a long way. I also like the focus on infantry combat, Halo 3 was all Brutes and too many vehicles, Halo 2 was decent but too cheap and annoying overall.

Halo CE is king, but I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the Reach campaign after I played it multiple times.

You know, I'm glad they killed Requiem. It had too many linear passageways.

Let's go back to a world as open as the Halo Wars Shield World.

b-but bobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 343 ruined halo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, 343 carried the mantle that Bungie laid out with Reach. Bungie ruined Halo and im willing to bet they did it whilst laughing manically. But no really, 343 had the perfect chance to undo Bungies bad work with Reach but they carried it on, both companies are responsible.

Ultimately though its the people who play 9days of Invasion to get to Inheritor but cant even hit the mid point of a skill based system who really ruined the Halo franchise. Bungie.net is like a at a glance noob indicator and still far more useful at stalking than Waypoint is!

Defect

The worst thing about Halo is we will probably never get the Halo 4 we should have got after Halo 3. An expansion of that game, a multiplayer with equal starts, expanded theater mode, a campaign that actually made real use of the planet the Chief was drifting towards in the Legendary ending.

I love ODST, I enjoyed Reach, 4's multiplayer is fun if you get the right settings, but nothing has offered the total package Bungie gave us with Halo 3. I wanted a sequel to that game, but I never got it, and likely never will.

I would've been happy with a "Halo 3.5".

I wish Bungie just made Halo 4 like they were originally planning to do so it wouldn't have all the crap Reach added.

Madness

See its things like this why I want a thread merge. So much overlap in discussion. We need a Halo Community thread again to discuss the games, past/present/future. Discuss technical details about custom mods, water physics, discuss story and level design.

Things just get overlooked. I don't know, are we supposed to discuss Spartan Assault, Halo 5, whatever in the Halo 4 thread or what?

As for me, campaign wise it's Halo CE>3=Reach>ODST>2>4... I base it not just on level design or features but the way the story is told, how I felt as I played etc. Excited about future of story, did it conclude well, was I happy when I finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom