• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF Radio Thread: The Official HaloGAF Podcast

Podcast Feedback:
It was great, overall I really enjoyed it. Turned out much better than I expected (was nothing against ye, just how these things tend t go). Awesome job!
Ye did have a good chemistry, and very little confusion/awkwardness.
It was a great length, 1:30 to 2:00 is the perfect (and popular) podcast length.
Liked the 3 segments format, good discussion was facilitated.
Domino's description of the Xbox Showcase event was fantastic, very down to earth.

Ye didn't talk about spawn times. Frustrating.
I found the Halo 4 Community segment a little frustrating, kind of got off on the wrong foot.
Duncan (I think) - We haven't got uppity about Campaign (apart from the poor Locust looking new art for Grunts & Elites) because we don't know anything. We really don't know how it's going to play. Could even have CoD "quick-time"y moments for all we know. You got to this point kind of late in pondering about why people haven't really talked about it, but I think it could be better stated.

Great work Tashi (& co).

Holy shit my voice sounds like DOGSHIT. :(

Are you saying Tashi's voice sounds like shit??!!! How DARE you!

Almost everyone thinks that about their own voice, don't worry about it you're good.

I'm a little over halfway through it. I like it. Thanks for doing this.

As for time: I say do whatever works from show to show. Don't limit yourselves.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Thanks!

I thought I was going cringe hearing my voice but I actually think I sound fine lol

feel

Everyone sounds nice, honestly. Great show so far 1hour10mins in, will listen to the rest tomorrow.

Holy shit my voice sounds like DOGSHIT. :(

Yeah, I always used to be a bit shocked of how my voice sounds recorded. I got used to it when I did a weekly sports talk show for our colleges radio station when I was a freshman though.

Steelyuhas needs to up his mic quality.

Yeah I was recording with a built in laptop mic.

I know I have a mic or three somewhere, but I don't know where I put anything that I don't regularly use in this current apartment. If I do the show again, I will make sure to use an actual mic.

vhfive

great job. I honestly thought it would be more awkward because it was your first time but you guys gelled pretty well and the conversation was pretty natural.
thumbs up

it also almost made me go play Halo again
almost

TCKaos

Yeah, those ramps on Relic disappear depending on the gametype.

Not sure if you guys correct that, I'm only nine minutes in.

Good job, by the way.

This is a thing that actually happened? Great!

I love the idea of having this medium that's able to channel HaloGAF and allows for a bit more streamlined discussion on hot topics.

Can't wait to listen to the entire show. Keep it coming!

blamite

Just finished listening to this, very entertaining. Cool o hear about the Xbox showcase. I really hope we get to see the footage from that event soon.

Looking forward to more, keep it up.

Tashi

There's one for HaloGAF.com as a whole, but I'm still working on a podcast-specific feed. Trying to get that together for a listing in the iTunes podcast directory.

I'll post here when it's ready.

And I will update the OP when it's ready too

Fuchsdh

Might as well chime in here as well as in the Halo OT that I really enjoyed it, especially the StarCraft talk :)

Audio was surprisingly good, and it flowed pretty well.

I was surprised that Tashi's voice was so low. I guess I started imagining peoples' timbres based on their avatars and usernames :p

Looking forward to seeing it on iTS.

Might as well chime in here as well as in the Halo OT that I really enjoyed it, especially the StarCraft talk :)

Audio was surprisingly good, and it flowed pretty well.

I was surprised that Tashi's voice was so low. I guess I started imagining peoples' timbres based on their avatars and usernames :p

Looking forward to seeing it on iTS.

So you're saying my voice sounded incredibly handsome? Thanks!

Tashi

So you're saying my voice sounded incredibly handsome? Thanks!

It is quite handsome

And wtf my voice low? Like, the volume or the pitch? And what did you think I was gonna sound like? Lol

Thanks for the feedback though.

Tashi

halogaf-radio.jpg

Episode 2 is now out!

Tashi, Duncan and Domino are back in episode 2 of HaloGAF Radio. This week's special guest is the Godfather of HaloGAF himself, GhaleonEB. This week, the guys talk about their Reach experience along with Witcher 2, Darkness 2 and Defense Grid. Hot topics such as Dedicated servers vs P2P and ranking systems are debated. Finally in the News, the new web series Forward Unto Dawn and Pax Prime are talked about. So sit back relax and have a listen. Enjoy the show! (1:56:40)

iTunes feed currently waiting approval.

LINK

Youtube Link

You guys are really productive, I didn't even find the time to listen to the first one yet!

A long train trip awaits me next week though.

Top Bottom