• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF Radio Thread: The Official HaloGAF Podcast

halogaf-radio.jpg

Episode 6 – No Guests Allowed

Due to scheduling issues there are no guests this time – you’ll have to settle for regulars Tashi0106, Domino Theory, and ncsuDuncan. (86 minutes. Recorded 07/20/2012.)

0:01:01 – Segment 1 – Games we’ve been playing.
0:20:37 – Segment 2 – Domino discusses his Comic-Con Adventures, including the very first Halo 4 Humpday Challenge: 343i vs HaloGAF.
0:59:56 – Segment 3 – A quick roundup of Halo News.
1:20:13 – Post-Credits Bonus – “Morgan Freeman” reads a fan’s letter to 343 Industries.

(Download MP3)
(Listen on YouTube)
(Subscribe in iTunes)
(Podcast RSS Feed)

Overdoziz

Banned
I never bother with the give-aways because I always figure someone else would've gotten them by then already.

Also, I think it would be useful to put all the episodes in the OP.

I don't remember who of you three is currently playing Splinter Cell Conviction, but make sure to also give Deniable Ops a try if you enjoy the single player gameplay mechanics and want more. The best set-up is pistols only, no gadgets, IMO. And it's not multiplayer, but can be played cooperatively.

Also, keep up the good work. I really enjoy listening to you guys every once in a while.

The latest episode was just a few minutes from spanning the entire bus journey I listened to it on! :lol What an awesome coincidence.

Great episode. Didn't think I heard a whole lot from mastrbiggy but I really enjoyed te discussion of the marketing and the role of the SAW.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
The latest episode was just a few minutes from spanning the entire bus journey I listened to it on! :lol What an awesome coincidence.

Great episode. Didn't think I heard a whole lot from mastrbiggy but I really enjoyed te discussion of the marketing and the role of the SAW.

yeah I started laughing when I'd realized we never got to biggy during the whatcha been playing segment.

Fuchsdh

Fun ep guys. Just make sure you guys mute your channels when you are clicking the mouse :p

Oh yeah and props to Carnotaur for sticking to his dinosaur guns :)

So, I was musing the other day with Krow and we thought the latest episode with Bravo was really cool. One thing that stuck out was the lack of a "Whatcha been playing?" segment. This was a pretty fresh change and I think it's one you guys could consider in the future. If you think about it, if you have 3 regulars + guests, it's only going to be the guests with the new games to talk about (unless you guys switch games a lot).

So, I am not suggesting to retire that segment for good. Instead, you should do what you did with Bravo with the guests or yourselves. Post in the Halo threads and ask for questions. Let them be random. Let them be serious. Maybe have a section on HaloGaf.com with a list of questions in the pool. Then, when the next podcast comes around, randomly pick a few questions and put them to the panel. Who knows what sorts of AR/DMR/BR debates will be sparked or who various Halogaffers would marry, fuck or kill.

It was really fun to have Bravo answer such random questions. It'd be cool to see gaf's regulars put to the same test.

Just my thoughts. eep up the great work.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Decided to just bump and you this thread instead of making new ones. :)

halogaf-radio.jpg

http://halogaf.com/2013/03/02/episode-12-barrow-roll-tawpgun/

Regular hosts Tashi, ncsuDuncan and Domino Theory are joined by guests Barrow Roll and Tawpgun to discuss Halo 4 playlists, Destiny and Hank Hill (1:24:46) Recorded on 3/1/13

2:26 – 26:25 (Whatchu’ Been Playin?)
26:45 – 1:04:00 (Destiny)
1:04:37 – End (Majestic Map Pack + News)

MP3 Download here
Listen on Youtube
Subscribe on iTunes
Podcast RSS Feed

Sorry for the delay and I hope you guys enjoy it!

Nebula

The voice of someone keeps dropping in and out a little. Sometimes making him hard to understand. I'm guessing it's a connection issue?

Tashi

The voice of someone keeps dropping in and out a little. Sometimes making him hard to understand. I'm guessing it's a connection issue?

It's probably because we had 5 on the call. Gonna limit it to 4 next time.

Good show on your part. I'm still quite irked that Frank keeps mentioning SmartGlass Halo 4 app as the way to check your rank/CSR/etc when the app is an absolute barely functioning piece of shit.

Really enjoyed Bravo's answers. He was very forthcoming and blunt and was so refreshing compared to Frank and Kevin's mostly anecdotal or unfocused responses.

100 percent agree with Heckfu that The Pit should've been a "happy August" freebie. For years I've wondered why each map pack isn't also accompanied by a free map for everyone to further spark interest in a game that is 3, 6, or 12 months out from it's release date.

heckfu

Banned
100 percent agree with Heckfu that The Pit should've been a "happy August" freebie. For years I've wondered why each map pack isn't also accompanied by a free map for everyone to further spark interest in a game that is 3, 6, or 12 months out from it's release date.

But no one EVER agrees with me!

Almost done listening, had to stop cause The Bridge is airing, will finish later.

Very interesting topics and discussion, I found myself wishing I'd been on this one, I've got plenty of views on the topics you guys discussed.

So, yeah good show, lol at "burrito" discussion.

Oh Tashi, little comment about new armor mods and "avoiding" those gametypes in matchmaking. Throwing out fringe playlists, Throwdown is the only playlist that doesn't feature custom loadouts, so it's not very easy to avoid that.

I'm spoiled by the mics on Apple laptops, they're incredible compared to apparently 90% of mics out there.

Fun ep, glad to see sensible discussions with sensible salt levels.

Heckfu definitely uses a Mac laptop. He shouts about to it everyone that will listen, or not listen.

Fuchsdh

Heckfu definitely uses a Mac laptop. He shouts about to it everyone that will listen, or not listen.
Then he's recording in a wind tunnel and has the worst Wifi on the planet to get compression like that. One of the FUD guys lives in Chicago with the el outside his window and it never sounds that bad :p

Tashi

halogaf-radio.jpg

In this special post PAX/Halo 4 GC episode of HaloGAF Radio, Tashi is joined by esteemed HaloGAF members SteelYuhas and Sai_Kun. Discussions include games played on the PAX Show Floor such as Enemy Starfighter, Titanfall and Battlefield 3. During the 2nd segment the crew shares their thoughts on the Halo 4 Global Championship event. Spoilers, the loved it. To wrap up the show, the Halo Xbox One Wishlist thread is talked about. (118 minutes long; recorded on September 6th, 2013)

http://halogaf.com/2013/09/07/episode-15-steelyuhas-sai_kun/

This is relevant to my interests. Will listen tomorrow while on the road. If I drive off a bridge, tell the police Tashi is the primary suspect in my death.

Top Bottom