• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hands-on Mercury Meldown Revolution for Wii (Eurogamer)

fresquito

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=72078

I'll quote the beginning, since it's one of the most inspired pieces of text I've ever read in a gaming site.

You're about to have dinner in the living room, but you're in the kitchen. You've got a large plate of steaming vegetables. You pick it up with your right hand and start walking towards the door. But oh no! A potato is rolling towards the abyss! Quickly and expertly, you adjust the angle of the plate. The potato goes flying out of the nearest window.

What went wrong? Your actions made sense to your brain. And yet even though you interpreted all the available information about potato and plate position sensibly, your adjustment proved to be spectacularly heavy handed. The potato didn't seem to react until it was much too late, and it moved so swiftly once it did that you had no chance to prevent it taking flight. Sitting down to eat, you pick up a fork and accidentally stab your wife in the knee.

But that's enough about Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz.

PkunkFury

eh, Monkey Ball controls very well when you know what you're doing. World nine and ten would be impossible if it didn't.

I look forward to Mercury but somehow I don't think it will control much better. Also don't like that you hold the remote two handed, the one handed Monkeyball was really nice. How does Korolinpa do it?

deepred

The article is funny until they talk about Monkey Ball. :\ They really don't know what they're talking about.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
monkey ball is awesome. except for the squid boss.

FU squid boss!

Top Bottom