• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hands On: Razer Tomahawk Modular Gaming Desktop / Cooler Master Debuts the NC100 Element-H

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

At CES 2020, we checked out Razer's new modular PC, the Tomahawk Gaming Desktop.

COMPACT. MODULAR. PERFORMANCE.
Rethink what a rig should be with the Razer Tomahawk—a new breed of gaming desktops & chassis design that throws conventional PC gaming out the window. Introducing an optimized form factor designed around Intel’s Next Unit of Computing (NUC) architecture. It features the latest tech specs, yet it’s modular enough to meet the ever-raising bar of high-end PC performance.

Thanks mods for the title change🏖

Last edited:

Tranquil

I like the form factor. But I've been able to swap out graphics cards with no problem since I've ever own a PC, so it's not doing anything new.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Looks like a hot box.
I've just changed from fractal define C case to Phanteks p600s... becuause gpu was starving for air in that smallish fractal...

Orta

Banned
It's nice but where's the fun in taking hours to lovingly build your own pc and then realising you forgot to plug in the 12v cable so you have to pull the whole fucking mainboard out again as the cpu heatsink is blocking access!

Then remembering you also forgot to apply thermal paste, etc, etc.....

Last edited:

Durask

Welp, got the Razer Tomahawk with RTX 3080.
Very heavy and overall very well made. You can plug NUC and video card into an expansion board on the bottom so should be future proof for 10 years or so hopefully.

Of note RTX 3080 came separately in a box, so it went into my main PC and my RTX 2080 went into the Tomahawk to be my TV connected gaming rig.

Planning to run NiceHash on my RTX 3080 until it pays for the Tomahawk. :messenger_grinning:
(I think this thought occurred to many people since Tomahawk is now sold out.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom