• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy 2017! FINAL FANTASY XV Director Hajime Tabata's New Year Message

I can't wait to see what they have in store for 2017 but I have to admit all this glitching out of the maps is leaving a very bad taste in my mouth. The game is so incomplete.

Ran rp

i'm enjoying xiv's combat and atmosphere more than xv's and there's promise of a great story and narrative. i already have xv's ost so the best i'll get out of xv is seeing some of the few sites that haven't been spoiled already

Gafs false prophet nomura couldn't even drop a sentence

Tabata the gawd gonna keep us feed all year yall

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1327709

Did you dislike XIV?

nope! enjoying it so far and i'm not even at the good part.

Toth

PSY・S;227478216 said:
i'm enjoying xiv's combat and atmosphere more than xv's and there's promise of a great story and narrative. i already have xv's ost so the best i'll get out of xv is seeing some of the few sites that haven't been spoiled already

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1327709

nope! enjoying it so far and i'm not even at the good part.

I see. FFXIV has a very strong main storyline (VERY different from XV of course haha), that's for sure. It's the MMORPG aspect that, while fun, does drag in the end game. You'll see what I mean. But definitely enjoy the ride because it's a worthy FF entry.

Randomizer

Yeah that ain't happening.
Back in the day they'd announce the next game before the release of the upcoming entry. FFVII Remake kinda put a spanner in that plan though.
Stormblood is out in 6 months.
The MMO's get a free pass. Different circumstances as they generate monthly revenue. Everyone knows most retail games generate most of their sales in their first day/week/month.

FFXV is old hat, time to move onto hyping FFVII Remake and announcing FFXVI!
I am aware of FFXV's unreleased DLC and upcoming patches

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Back in the day they'd announce the next game before the release of the upcoming entry. FFVII Remake kinda put a spanner in that plan though.

The MMO's get a free pass. Different circumstances as they generate monthly revenue. Everyone knows most retail games generate most of their sales in their first day/week/month.

FFXV is old hat, time to move onto hyping FFVII Remake and announcing FFXVI!
I am aware of FFXV's unreleased DLC and upcoming patches

True. They shouldn't dwell on XV for too long when there are other things they should be letting fans get excited about. Otherwise we end up with another XIII situation.

People are going to be mad af when the DLC amounts to nothing but ubisoft tier garbage.
rR9ai3g.jpg

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
PSY・S;227480304 said:
it's also nice being away from the xv haters. yeesh.

Fixed

Neiteio

True. They shouldn't dwell on XV for too long when there are other things they should be letting fans get excited about. Otherwise we end up with another XIII situation.
For me, I connected with FFXV so well that I'm stoked they're going to continue focusing on it for a while. I just hope whatever they add fits in with everything already there.

I do wonder if any future FFs will connect with me as well. I really liked the "grounded" feel to this installment.

Gbraga

People are going to be mad af when the DLC amounts to nothing but ubisoft tier garbage.
rR9ai3g.jpg

That's what I was expecting, the artworks were already a surprise to me that they're actually making new environments for the DLCs. If they make Gladio's combat system different from just a slow Noctis, that would be great.

Neiteio

rR9ai3g.jpg
Hopefully it'll be good. The concept art they've shown indicate new areas for at least Episode Gladio and Episode Prompto. Apparently all three episodes will feature new gameplay, too — "action" for Gladio, "tactical" for Ignis (whatever that means), and "shooter" for Prompto. Story-wise, they could cover some interesting territory, especially Prompto's DLC.

Mediking

Enjoyed the game immensely while disliking it's prominent flaws. Still hesitant to buy the Season Pass though. Its hard for me to return to the game after that ending.

That's what I was expecting, the artworks were already a surprise to me that they're actually making new environments for the DLCs. If they make Gladio's combat system different from just a slow Noctis, that would be great.

Hopefully it'll be good. The concept art they've shown indicate new areas for at least Episode Gladio and Episode Prompto. Apparently all three episodes will feature new gameplay, too — "action" for Gladio, "tactical" for Ignis (whatever that means), and "shooter" for Prompto. Story-wise, they could cover some interesting territory, especially Prompto's DLC.

I actually hope it is good with original areas and gameplay. Might get me to buy it if the length is right.

jackdoe

Enjoyed the game immensely while disliking it's prominent flaws. Still hesitant to buy the Season Pass though. Its hard for me to return to the game after that ending.
Yeah, I definitely agree with you there. I rushed through the last two chapters just to get it over with (like ripping a band-aid) and can't motivate myself to go back and play the post game content. If they really do fulfill their promise and FFXV's storytelling is greatly improved thanks to patches and DLC, then I'll probably jump back. Otherwise, it will go into the same pile as MGSV. Titles that I don't regret plaing in spite of being let down, but am content to forget about and move on.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest

If they end up giving us proper expansions of the quality of Blood & Wine and/or Hearts of Stone they can continue for more than one year for me updating FFXV instead of wasting other 3/4 yrs of hyping a far distant product. I just don't want DLCs of the level of quality of those of FFXIII-2... that's all. If they can keep me busy with FFXV and then talk of something new only when is near release I'm totally happy. I'm tired of long-stretched marketing campeigns the likes of XV, KHIII and (probably) FF7 remake. Make us PLAY NOW and look at the future a little more later.

Socivol

For me, I connected with FFXV so well that I'm stoked they're going to continue focusing on it for a while. I just hope whatever they add fits in with everything already there.

I do wonder if any future FFs will connect with me as well. I really liked the "grounded" feel to this installment.
This is the first Final Fantasy where I would actually love a prequel or sequel. I know they won't be doing that but the world and the battle system was just so great. The story was a bit wonky but the gameplay is just so much fun. Noctis is such a good character I am really surprised how much I really like him.

Luna has no place being in that picture or any other FFXV related media.

Other than that, happy new year to Tabata and the team.

Luna doesn't deserve that W

Well there aren't any Ls to hold.

Who is the character holding the W? Is she being added in dlc?

At least now I know not to hype myself again for... Agni or whoever the next heroine to be
killed early is

Straight up savage.

I love it.

tumblr_oixt32pp6i1ufe91yo1_400.gif

Zakalwe

Banned
Still got to do the last dungeon and two challenge rooms. Really find these quite relaxing now, chilling out while burning through high level mobs is very fun.

Really hope they tweak NG+ a little to make it more of a challenge, or add some good end game content. The way they seem to be approaching it seems promising.

Adding parts to the story sound like a wonderful bonus, even if they're slight. It's a shame the final game didn't get a little more time, but they do seem commited.

Expectations in slight check, fingers crossed...

Top Bottom