• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hard to find/get collectibles/secret in games

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The flags in the first Assassin's Creed game. Forget about doing that one.

Yeah, that the game has collectable flags but doesn't keep track of them whatsoever is annoying, but at least they're not tied to anything other than health/sync, which you increase and eventually max out the further you get into the campaign, anyway. I played through the game a second time prior to the release of Revelations and again decided against collecting them for those very reasons.

Mr.Jim

Adamant Armor in the North American SNES version of Final Fantasy IV. There is a tiny room in one dungeon where you have a 1/64 chance of fighting enemies that have a (5/98)*(1/64) chance of dropping the item you need to get the armor. On average it takes over 10000 battles to get it.

The original version of the game had an item that let you always fight the hardest monsters in the area, but they removed it in the NA version to make the game simpler.

Pink Tail
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Pink_Tail

ohh yeah DKC 1 also has "Tanked Up Trouble" with a bonus room without any hint. (mostly for old tvs)

180px-TankedUpTrouble165.PNG

zoukka

The third ribbon in FFVII.

You just have to walk through a wall in the Glacier cave, no hints are given. I found it myself as a kid and it's not even mentioned in the official strategy guide (it only lists 2 Ribbons).

Shenmue II - there is a lucky hit stand on Dragon Street hidden away up a side street.

If you beat all 3 boards which increase in difficulty, you can get two unique move scrolls, but it's insanely hard and takes many attempts to get them.

Oh yeah you have to beat all three boards consecutively and if you fail even once you start again.

Kikorin

Take all the gems in Spyro The Dragon. I remember took me and my brother months to take them all, especially because at that time we was kids without internet, but I'm pretty proud to have completed it at 100%

Top Bottom