• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hardcore dancing... what the hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

M3wThr33

Banned
funkmastergeneral said:
It's fun as hell and takes a lot out of you. The only downside is when I got kicked in the face by some douche with combat boots
Flailing around like an idiot is fun? Maybe if that's the most coordination you have.

I supposed banging random keys on a piano is fun but that's NOT anything close to something I'd want to watch.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
A bunch of morons having mock temper tantrums flaunting their testosterone like peacocks.

M3wThr33 said:
I supposed banging random keys on a piano is fun but that's NOT anything close to something I'd want to watch.

Well good thing I don't watch people dance then, I join in on the fun. Metalcore type music gets me really pumped up and I like to have a release like this. It's like an explosion inside of me

Syb

While I routinley smurk/laugh at Hardcore Dancing, I will admit that I like the band in the first clip (Parkway Drive)

MThanded

ghst said:
that is "hardcore dancing".

this is "dancing to hardcore".

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HQJnR_jvPN8
(skip to 1.20 if dramatic tension isn't your thing)

probably the best show i ever saw.

Looks like a bunch of people fighting. Still not impressed. I dont really understand whats going on with the music.

Ive only been to Kanye, Lupe, NERD, The Roots concerts. No crazy shit like this is happening... luckily or I would not be there.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
I hate mosh pits. I know it's punk and part of that whole rebellious atmosphere but when you grow up it seems just dangerous and distracts from the overall show. It's cool when you in high school but seeing some middle old age loser trying to bump into some kid is just plain sad.

MThanded

MWS Natural said:
It's sorta like throwing bows in the club...but for white people. Nothing wrong with it as long as a fight doesn't break out.
lol good one. But these people do it for like the whole night and stuff.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
MThanded said:
Looks like a bunch of people fighting. Still not impressed.

no one's trying to impress you grandpa. the lion's share of the best times of my life have been at shows like that.

there's love in feeling some 300lb orc in a judge vest stage dive you into concussion.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
FUCK HARDCORE DANCING.

I was at a Between the Buried and Me show last year and during the opener there was this huge shove so I got moved to the barrier of the pit. 5minutes after that I was punched in the nose by one of these complete fucking retards, had to leave the show for a bit because blood was gushing out of my nose and now a year later my nose healed up with this bump on the side.

I did punch the guy who did this to me pretty good though.

MThanded

ghst said:
no one's trying to impress you grandpa. the lion's share of the best times of my life have been at shows like that.

there's love in feeling some 300lb orc in a judge vest stage dive you into concussion.
Grandpa???? :lol

wenis said:
FUCK HARDCORE DANCING.

I was at a Between the Buried and Me show last year and during the opener there was this huge shove so I got moved to the barrier of the pit. 5minutes after that I was punched in the nose by one of these complete fucking retards, had to leave the show for a bit because blood was gushing out of my nose and now a year later my nose healed up with this bump on the side.

I did punch the guy who did this to me pretty good though.
shit

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Ahahaha, that's my roommate in one of those videos. My roommate loves hardcore, like thats all he listens to. When he listens to it he gets all pumped up and rowdy. He loves going to shows because he says its his personal way of unleashing anger but he never hesitates to fight random college kids at school. He's from new hampshire and apparently theres a really big hardcore scene in boston and that's why he's so into it. He basically thinks like the lyrics of the song, "fuck everyone, i fight for my friends" etc. I personally think the music is garbage but I can understand where he's coming from. He's also the only kid who would have our backs no matter what so, yea. I've also seen him fuck people at mosh pits, he's a big kid.

K0NY

sp0rsk said:
A bunch of morons having mock temper tantrums flaunting their testosterone like peacocks.
Oh, you mean krumping? :lol

Playing the "my silly dance is better than your silly dance" game in here is pointless. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...and by that I mean, until you're ready to get in front of people and show us how YOU get down, stop judging others when they do it for fun.

MThanded

K0NY said:
Oh, you mean krumping? :lol

Playing the "my silly dance is better than your silly dance" game in here is pointless. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...and by that I mean, until you're ready to get in front of people and show us how YOU get down, stop judging others when they do it for fun.

Im not a huge fan of krumping. But your comparing hardcore dance to this???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gxwb-HOgng

I have never been anywhere where a whole bunch of people are krumping at the same time. I do not believe this happens at concerts. Also do not believe that krumpers break out in fights while they are dancing.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
One of the funniest things ever. I used to go to shows back in the day with some friends that would actually do this shit. I would just stand somewhere else while they danced like idiots.

I got my first and only piercing ripped out in a pit, lost a shoe in one, and got a mild concussion from a stage driver in another. Wouldn't have had it any other way!

I got thrown out of AFI, and Anti-Flag back in my more obnoxious days....

Zozz

Banned
Back in highschool I used to go to more rock/metal concerts but actual good shit, nothing of that hardcore fucking crap. There were mosh pits were everyone just jumped and bumped around, I hated it when fuckers started doing that shit.

I was at a BLS concert one day and onne guy was flinging around and everyone was getting pissed the fuck off, while he was doing that shit he hit me with his iron knuckles in the back of my head I turned around and gave him an uppercut, he freaking fainted and security saw him go down but they didn't see who punched him and they dragged him out.

This shit is so dumb, now it's all about skilled dancing for me and club party dancing shit. Still love my metal and rock, true love.

The last mosh pit I have ever "moshed" in was a Good Riddance show more than ten years ago.

Ever since then I've been happy just being in the front area, shoulder to shoulder with others singing my ass off.

I don't really get the whole wanting to endanger yours and others life extreme moshing type shit. I'd much rather be at a dnb, house, or trance show and grind up with hot women.

With that said though I have been to many of warped tours and it can be fun to watch.

rexor0717

MThanded said:

I have never been anywhere where a whole bunch of people are krumping at the same time. I do not believe this happens at concerts. Also do not believe that krumpers break out in fights while they are dancing.
Nice, first video on a youtube search, and it ends up looking just as ridiculous as hardcore dancing.

whitehawk

Banned
Ugh, the music is the worst part. I hate screamo death metal stuff. The heaviest music I listen to is System of a Down, and my favourite band Sum41 (Most of it's punk but their 4th album had some heavy stuff). Anything beyond that is just noise to me.

gdt

This is one of the reasons I fuckin' love Fugazi.

Edit: Oh and to anyone ragging on Hardcore Punk should check out Minor Threat. So damn fast and pumping but with great riffs and melodies. At first they all sound the same because its so fast, but you'll get the hang of it.

Also D.R.I.,

and Earth A.D./Wolfsblood era Misfits (not as good and they're Ramonsey stuff but still awesome nonetheless).

Oh and I'm NOT a big hardcore fan.

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
Hardcore dancing is awesomely hilarious. I don't have a problem with it as long as those fuckers keep it in the pit. My friend went to a few Trash Talk shows in Anaheim and the whole floor was basically a war zone for the duration of their sets.

K0NY

MThanded said:

I am not comparing hardcore dancing to a video of people in a dance studio performing choreography. No. I just said that the description to which I replied could just as easily characterize Krumping or breaking battles or any number of competative dances. They are born from people wanting to let out some aggression in public while their favorite music plays. As long as everyone is a willing participant I don't see a problem with it.

Making a thread to shit on a culture, regardless of how much or little you know about it, is pointless like I said, because anyone can do the same about any other fun activity. It seems like trolling to me.

MThanded

K0NY said:
I am not comparing hardcore dancing to a video of people in a dance studio performing choreography. No. I just said that the description to which I replied could just as easily characterize Krumping or breaking battles or any number of competative dances. They are born from people wanting to let out some aggression in public while their favorite music plays. As long as everyone is a willing participant I don't see a problem with it.

Making a thread to shit on a culture, regardless of how much or little you know about it, is pointless like I said, because anyone can do the same about any other fun activity. It seems like trolling to me.
Shit on a culture??? Im trolling? Sorry man. I did not mean to offend you. Do you accept my apology?

sp0rsk said:
The peacock thing make me wonder if any women would be impressed/attracted to this form of dancing. I suppose a few exist, right?

Dancing is fundamentally pretty lame and embarrassing to watch others do. But if breakdancing, tap dancing, square dancing, shuffling your feet at a wedding, whatever stupid dance you are doing gets potential mates interested in you it's probably worth doing. If looking that stupid and risking bodily harm get them chicks, more power to those guys. From the vids in the OP, though, it looks like a manifestation of a bunch of angst-filled youths with pent up aggression who like the idea/thrill of potentially hurting someone/getting hurt in a anonymous mob atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom