• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hardest Bosses

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
The King
punchout.jpg

I'm playing throgh Punch-Out!! again and Mike Tyson is muthafuggin hard as hell. I've tried to beat him straight up about 100 times. Getting through that first 1:30 where he throws the lightning uppercuts is one of the most frustrating things ever. Just when you think you have his pattern down, he pauses then throws a second later. I hate you Mr. Tyson.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
dcdarkdemonpa5.gif
dcdarkdemonbonero7.gif

Hardest boss ever, without a doubt. Tyson is so overrated, I beat him when I was like 7 years old and sucked at games.

EGM92

Anyone ever try to beat Shinobi on the PS2? the final boss almost made me cry, I still haven't beat him..

Tokubetsu

EGM92 said:
Anyone ever try to beat Shinobi on the PS2? the final boss almost made me cry, I still haven't beat him..

As I said in the other thread and Shinobi PS2's end boss, Haruka is easily the hardest boss in the history of ever.

Again, we had a thread JUST LIKE THIS ONE not even a month and a half ago.

BooJoh

For me one of the hardest was the final boss of FFIX (
Necros
) I barely survived by keeping Freya airborne whenever possilbe.

Also, Gruntilda in the original Banjo-Kazooie.

Fire Leo - Viewtiful Joe
Gill - Street Fighter 3

and Penance from Final Finaltasy X is probably the hardest boss I've ever faced but that's optional.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
well if optional bosses count.... I'll go with

Shin%20Megami%20Tensei%20C.jpg

from DDS1 there is some dude in youtube that made a vid of the whole fight.

even with everything max out and all the mantras mastered he can still kick your ass or worse yet totally rape you.

as for Normal boss hm I'll go with... only if you are doing a vanilla run X5 :)

Bolt_Cracken_StartUp.jpg

Ninja Kn1ght said:
Fire Leo - Viewtiful Joe
Gill - Street Fighter 3

and Penance from Final Finaltasy X is probably the hardest boss I've ever faced but that's optional.
Fire Leo was okay. You could get his pattern down pretty quickly.

And I'll be the only one that mentions Alma from NG, because I suck at that game. :'(

rs7k

ezekial45 said:
He wasn't hard!

I say Seymour Flux (on the Mountain to Zanarkand) was WAY Harder......

LOL I beat Seymour Flux on my first time. Jecht however, took me two weeks...

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Lv 96 Squid Adler fought with barebones equipped X.

(If you haven't met him with that qualifier, just trust me.)

Grayman

rpg bosses usually aren't hard, they just take certain preperation and strats to become cakewalks.

Stuff kinda like bosses:
TZ250 challenge in tourist trophy, you have to make up about half a tracks distance in 3 laps of tskuba. From what i've heard the people that finish it finish it by passing on the last corner. Most other challenges in the game give you 3 laps and take less than 1. The rest of the game has no challenge except this one insanely hard event. I think they made it easier for the PAL version.

I've heard the last mission of GT4 is horrible too. have to do a flawless lap of the ring, which takes 8 or 9 minutes, and catch a slower car that starts WAY infront.

firex

Craft fight 2 in Mega Man Zero 4
The cell boss in Mega Man X6 (may not be as hard as I thought, but I tried fighting them with the shadow armor since I don't have the stupid parts needed to get through there with any other armor, unless there is some special way to get past it without the Jumper parts)
Archimonde from Warcraft 3 (I don't think you can kill him ever without cheating)

Somehow I was never able to beat Gruntilda or whatever her name is, the final boss of Banjo-Kazooie. I had trouble with shooting the eggs or something like that...

Also,
Ansem-possessed Riku
from Kingdom Hearts was very hard for me for some reason. All the (non-optional) bosses from that point on were easy in comparison.

DOA4's boss is not really cheap or hard (very easy, actually, for most of the characters). You just can't try to play her like a normal opponent (in which case she likely will rip your face off).

Odysseus

Banned
ezekial45 said:
I say Seymour Flux (on the Mountain to Zanarkand) was WAY Harder......

I'm replaying FFX right now, I'm back in Bevelle, and I'm not looking forward to the upcoming encounter on Gagazet. I've still got a bit to go before I get there, though. I think I'm going to level grind a while on the plains whose name escape me right now for whatever reason.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
suaveric said:
last boss in Jet Force Gemini was super hard, from what I remember
Yup. Mizar, right? I came in here to mention him as well.

Odysseus said:
I'm replaying FFX right now, I'm back in Bevelle, and I'm not looking forward to the upcoming encounter on Gagazet. I've still got a bit to go before I get there, though. I think I'm going to level grind a while on the plains whose name escape me right now for whatever reason.

You know, I honestly thought the Sanctuary Keeper (the big ass dragon you fight before reaching Zanarkand) was harder than any variation of Seymour.

rs7k

brandonh83 said:
You know, I honestly thought the Sanctuary Keeper (the big ass dragon you fight before reaching Zanarkand) was harder than any variation of Seymour.

That guy was easy too, you just had to make sure your characters are one space apart each. Part of the reason why I found some boss fights easy is because Auron was so damn powerful. However, the rest of my party sucked complete ass.

rs7k said:
That guy was easy too, you just had to make sure your characters are one space apart each. Part of the reason why I found some boss fights easy is because Auron was so damn powerful. However, the rest of my party sucked complete ass.

Yeah, it's easy, just harder than most of the other bosses in the game.

Top Bottom