• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hardest Bosses

Odysseus

Banned
brandonh83 said:
You know, I honestly thought the Sanctuary Keeper (the big ass dragon you fight before reaching Zanarkand) was harder than any variation of Seymour.

From rs7k's description, I believe I remember that fight vaguely. Off the top of my head, the battles with Seymour Flux, Yunalesca, and Jecht were the most memorable, and that's mainly due to the difficulty. Of course, I'll have a better idea once I get through it this second time.

Giard

Schafer said:
dcdarkdemonpa5.gif
dcdarkdemonbonero7.gif

Hardest boss ever, without a doubt. Tyson is so overrated, I beat him when I was like 7 years old and sucked at games.

This man is right

Tokubetsu

I was not prepared when I fought Jecht the first time. He completely owned me 2nd form (he did like 4000 dmg to everyone each attack and he got 2 attacks per turn.) Left, got hidden aeons, legendary weapons and just completely raped him. Anima trounced his first form and Magus Sisters' overdrive did like 30k dmg OVER his max health.

Grampasso

Schafer said:
dcdarkdemonpa5.gif
dcdarkdemonbonero7.gif

Hardest boss ever, without a doubt. Tyson is so overrated, I beat him when I was like 7 years old and sucked at games.
The second time I beat it I still had a vial to use, and my life was nearly 1/4
It's not that difficult

ezekial45

Banned
Odysseus said:
I'm replaying FFX right now, I'm back in Bevelle, and I'm not looking forward to the upcoming encounter on Gagazet. I've still got a bit to go before I get there, though. I think I'm going to level grind a while on the plains whose name escape me right now for whatever reason.

He loves to zombify your party members. Pain in the ass.

Avalon

Hitoshura and Satan from DDS are really hard...

They required Level 99, max stats, all skills mastered, flawless strategy and luck... :)

Dahbomb

keanerie said:
Dahbomb, you are weaksauce.
STFU, I spend like 2 hours on that boss. :(

I have no trouble with stuff like Cerberus, Alma, Phantom, Nightmare, last boss of Shinobi, and 90% of other bosses out there but I was COMPLETELY HAD by The End.

D.Cowboys

Neo Member
Both forms of Doku in NG Black and Ninja Gaiden. He had that cheap ass frame skipping grab to steal your life from you.

Seems to have made a lot of other lists, but I've always heard people complain about Chairman Drek in Ratchet and Clank 1 being a royal pain in the ass. I don't remember him being that difficult myself.

Personally, I couldn't beat Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts no matter how much I tried....the one-winged little bitch. *evil eyes Sephiroth*

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Odysseus said:
I'm replaying FFX right now, I'm back in Bevelle, and I'm not looking forward to the upcoming encounter on Gagazet. I've still got a bit to go before I get there, though. I think I'm going to level grind a while on the plains whose name escape me right now for whatever reason.

Aw, come on. I've seen NSG videos beat seymour flux!

If you REALLY get screwed, just aeon rush.

FF VI - This is likely the boss I've had the most trouble with over the years. It was situational I think, and related a lack of leveling I put into Sabin. But nonetheless I remember dying repeatedly to it, getting annoyed as hell because of the long walk through the cave to get to the boss (no save point near by), and generally having to sit around leveling up a bit. I think I had trouble with at least 3 playthroughs back in the SNES and maybe PS1 days.

I'm not sure if I'd still have trouble today - I'm a much more serious gamer now so perhaps I'd reconize an important Relic or spell that makes the fight easier, or my tendency to level up more would simply make it easier - but nonetheless it's still likely the hardest boss I've had to deal with over the years.

ff6-boss.jpg

I can't think of any boss I've had trouble with since FF6. From FF to Suikoden, I generally just level up too much. SaGa Frontier perhaps, but only because the difficulty scaling was quite unprecise, and you could find yourself in regions where the game under or over scaled (making the game much too easy or too hard, rather than be precise enough to find the exact suitable difficulty).

Scenester

rs7k said:
LOL I beat Seymour Flux on my first time. Jecht however, took me two weeks...

Ironically, I beat Jecht first time and Seymour Flux took me two weeks. Differences in leveling, I suppose.

Scenester

Zyid said:
Savato X from Trauma Center.

Few people have ever even gotten up to him, let alone beaten him.

Is that Story 8-6? Because I find that Savato impossible... still havent beaten him....

Zeed

Banned
Scenester said:
Is that Story 8-6? Because I find that Savato impossible... still havent beaten him....
Story mode Savato? If you think that's bad, you'd cry if you ever saw Savato X.

Savato appears three times. There's its first apperance, which is relatively easy. It reappears later as the last boss of story mode, and is significantly harder this time, though managable. But after beating story mode, a number of "X" missions open up in challenge mode.

During the X Missions you see what Dr. Styles saw when he was under the influence of hallucinogens during the events of the final mission. In story mode you blacked out, but in the X Missions you fight each of the different strains of GUILT...except much, much, much harder. Most people, myself included, never even get past X1 - Kyraki. Many don't last much more than a few seconds.

Very few people have ever made it all the way up to Savato X, but by all reports, it's far above and beyond any other mission, even the X missions, in difficulty. It's the hardest boss in gaming.

Scenester

Zyid said:
Story mode Savato? If you think that's bad, you'd cry if you ever saw Savato X.

Savato appears three times. There's its first apperance, which is relatively easy. It reappears later as the last boss of story mode, and is significantly harder this time, though managable. But after beating story mode, a number of "X" missions open up in challenge mode.

During the X Missions you see what Dr. Styles saw when he was under the influence of hallucinogens during the events of the final mission. In story mode you blacked out, but in the X Missions you fight each of the different strains of GUILT...except much, much, much harder. Most people, myself included, never even get past X1 - Kyraki. Many don't last much more than a few seconds.

Very few people have ever made it all the way up to Savato X, but by all reports, it's far above and beyond any other mission, even the X missions, in difficulty. It's the hardest boss in gaming.

Jesus....
I cant beat the second appearance of Savato... my mind boggles that they actually made it harder... I thought everyone was lying about Trauma Centre being absurdly difficult, but then I bought it... probably the toughest game Ive played since F-Zero GX...

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I remember reading one of those NES strategy books--they'd have cheats and hints and tricks for like a hundred popular NES games--that the last boss of Bionic Commando was impossible. I wish could remember what book it was so I could look it up again. It had this whole walk through up until the last boss and then the guy just said something "And after that just turn off the console, because the last boss is imposible to beat. Just give up."

It was the only time I'd ever seen something like that in a guide, heh. In retrospect, I wonder if he was being sarcastic about the flying one-shot fight you had with Hitler at the end. I don't think so though.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Please, everyone is talking about hardest bosses, and there`s no mention of a single KOF boss? Wtf guys.

Red Scarlet

KyanMehwulfe said:
FF VI - This is likely the boss I've had the most trouble with over the years. It was situational I think, and related a lack of leveling I put into Sabin. But nonetheless I remember dying repeatedly to it, getting annoyed as hell because of the long walk through the cave to get to the boss (no save point near by), and generally having to sit around leveling up a bit. I think I had trouble with at least 3 playthroughs back in the SNES and maybe PS1 days.

I'm not sure if I'd still have trouble today - I'm a much more serious gamer now so perhaps I'd reconize an important Relic or spell that makes the fight easier, or my tendency to level up more would simply make it easier - but nonetheless it's still likely the hardest boss I've had to deal with over the years.

ff6-boss.jpg

I can't think of any boss I've had trouble with since FF6. From FF to Suikoden, I generally just level up too much. SaGa Frontier perhaps, but only because the difficulty scaling was quite unprecise, and you could find yourself in regions where the game under or over scaled (making the game much too easy or too hard, rather than be precise enough to find the exact suitable difficulty).

Equip Hermes/Running Shoes (or maybe a Ribbon would work), and you shouldn't be able to be grabbed by the tentacle guys. They only grab when the character has Slow status, which those shoes prevent. Makes the boss way easy (along with Bio Blaster or Chain Saw).

Edgar can get grabbed since you can't equip him until after the fight, but putting Hermes/Running Shoes on the other 2 helps out quite a bit.

Top Bottom