• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harmonix announces Fuser. Rhythm / Music mash up game.

Bridges

Did this game get a physical release? I can’t find it anywhere.
Physical release was canned shortly before launch, so it's digital only now.

I think they said they'd revisit the idea of a physical release down the road but I honestly wouldn't count on it

Kagey K

Banned
Physical release was canned shortly before launch, so it's digital only now.

I think they said they'd revisit the idea of a physical release down the road but I honestly wouldn't count on it
Thanks for the heads up, I’ll quit looking for it then. Son wanted it for Xmas looks, like I’ll have to figure something out digitally.

Is there Any point getting the standard version of this??
Seems they are holding back so many songs for DLC out the deluxe edition 😕

not paying loads on a game with no demo etc

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Is there Any point getting the standard version of this??
Seems they are holding back so many songs for DLC out the deluxe edition 😕

not paying loads on a game with no demo etc

The deluxe version comes with an extra 25 songs so if bought at retail price it would be $110 instead of $100. You only save $10. However depending on the console both the normal and deluxe have been on sale already. The songs in the deluxe version are all on DLc for $2 so you can cherry pick from the deluxe list if you want to buy the normal version. The normal version of the game has over 100 songs in it so there’s tons to use in the normal game

Last edited:

Metnut

How does this game compare to frequency and amplitude? Loved those games by harmonic but never got into the sequels where you needed to buy accessories.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
How does this game compare to frequency and amplitude? Loved those games by harmonic but never got into the sequels where you needed to buy accessories.
It is a pretty massive departure. Instead of hitting colored notes it’s more free form and mostly about playing songs that are requested in areas that sound good. The single player campaign teaches you a lot of features and tips for doing this, and the freestyle mode you can just let loose and fiddle around with it whatever way you like. After unlocking all songs and features the game is almost an instrument in freestyle mode. You will create some crazy trippy things. If you love making music this game is a super easy recommend, but if you are somebody that wants amplitude / rock band structure then it is going to be hit and miss.

this is a game I don’t pick up and play every single day, but when I do play it I get lost in the freestyle mode and just create music for like 3 hours each time. It is a hard recommend if you don’t have that creation affinity driving you after the campaign is done (and that in itself is like a giant tutorial)

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
New DLC which should be out today due to holiday

Jack Harlow - Whats Poppin
Lil Uzi Vert - XO Tour Llif3
SAINt JHN - Roses (Imanbek Remix)

Not familiar with these songs but will give a listen later today.

Last edited:

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
New DLC for Jan 7th, 2021.

The Clash - Should I Stay Or Should I Go
Chumbawamba - Tubthumping
Post Malone - Circles

Interesting week. A clash classic, with a 90’s meme song (the lyrics will be fun to mix on tubthumping). Circles is a strange slow song to pick and while I get it’s popular, doesn’t seem to have anything prominent that will help a mix out.. But interestingly enough it seems most artists are getting 2 packs (clash’s second, post malones second and a lot of other artists have 2 songs now because of dlc 25 pack / normal dlc.). Maybe, like Rock band, they are licensed in 3 packs and HMX are just saving them for future dlc.

Last edited:

Bridges

I am all in on "Tubthumping" and The Clash. Glad to see a good variety in the DLC so far, I've picked up more than I originally thought I would since launch.

Not sure if it's directly related to Fuser's release, but Rock Band's DLC has gone way up in quality recently too (though still only 2 songs a week which is a bummer compared to the old days). Crossing my fingers for more 80s music in both games going forward.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
January 14th DLC

Chaka Demus & Pliers - Murder She Wrote
Kat DeLuna ft. Elephant Man - Whine Up
Ricky Martin - Livin' La Vida Loca

Some really fun upbeat songs. Everybody is gunna groan about livin la vida loca but I’m over here gunna be rocking out to the horns part in my mixes

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Songs for January 21st.

Preorder bonus songs are now for sale for everybody

Dua Lipa - New Rules
Khalid - Young, Dumb, and Broke
The Killers - Mr. Brightside

These are again the pre order bonus songs that people got back when the game came out.

New rules has some really good parts and the drums on mr bright side I use a ton. Lots of high energy in that song. I don’t like the Khalid song. It sucks for mixing and sucks for listening.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
DLC for Jan 28th

Jason Derulo - Take You Dancing
Marshmello ft. Bastille - Happier
Shaggy - Boombastic (Hot Shot 2020)

Decent week. Would have preferred the original bombastic but that at least confirms HMX likely has rights to a shaggy pack confirmed so hopefully we get “it wasn’t me” in the future.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Before I get to the DLC make sure you vote in a submitted mix this week. You get

“Wishin’ I Had It Now” by Billzantium.

For free. It’s a legacy track from dropmix and is used in some of fusers menus. Now onto the dlc.

DLC for Feb 4th 2021

24kGoldn ft. iann dior - Mood
Bebe Rexha ft. Doja Cat - Baby I'm Jealous
Shawn Mendes - Higher

Not to hyped on the songs but from a first listen should have some good mixing parts.

Also it looks like I missed a game informer article that has a couple teased artists for future dlc

24kGoldn, Bebe Rexha, Bell Biv DeVoe, BLACKPINK, DaBaby, David Guetta, Doja Cat, Dua Lipa, iann dior, Imanbek, Jason Derulo, Marshmello, Shaggy, Shawn Mendes, Sia, Usher, and more.

Obviously half that list came out in the last two weeks but I’m holding out hope for a good usher song 🥰.

Dua lipa feat Dababy - Levitate is pretty much confirmed with that list also.

Last edited:

Bridges

Nothing for me, but with that upcoming artist list I will patiently await "Poison" by Bell Biv Devoe, seems perfect for this game

Holy shit, just heard about this game. I think this is what Drop Mix was originally supposed to be before they went with physical cards/Hasbro partnership. I played a prototype closer to this way back in 2014 when Harmonix were pitching to publishers. I always liked Frequency and tended to skip the HMX games with physical accessories or controllers, so I'll have to try this.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Yeah this game is a hard recommend at full price. You really have to like playing / changing up with music as the main campaign is pretty lacking and I never got into the multiplayer head to head.

Where this game shines for me is using all the bells and whistles and just screwing around with freestyle. It has a pretty comprehensive set of tools to add your own flavor on things so the music creation itch is definitely scratched. I pretty much use this as an instrument tbh.

Last edited:

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
DLC for February 11th

David Guetta & Sia - Let's Love
Dua Lipa & BLACKPINK - Kiss And Make Up
Surf Mesa ft. Emilee - ily (i love you baby)

Lots of good mixing parts in these. Was surprised with let’s love, lots of great synth parts.

Dua lipa being in this song totally shoots down my levitate theory a week ago. Oh well.

Last edited:

Nico_D

I bought this (the VIP edition) from the Christmas sale and haven't regretted it. It is really good fun, a nice way to relax. Can't wait the update today which is supposed to bring a new game mode with it, something that's been missing from the game - a mode between freestyle and campaign.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
New DLC time 🥳🥳🥳

Songs for February 18th, 2021

Anitta ft. Cardi B & Mike Towers - Me Gusta
Harry Styles - Golden
Marshmello, Imabek ft. Usher - Too Much

Haven’t had a chance to listen to these yet so no comment on the mixing potential. New patch has been fun though. Good improvements.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
I just noticed that this is free to play this weekend with Gold/GPU on Xbox for anyone that is on the fence about it and wants to try it first.

Last edited:

RavageX

I'd dig this game if it were more active to be honest. The most fun ive had with it is while drunk. "Playing" this on the regular like I did with Rockband or even DJ hero I don't see happening. It's a good idea sort of, but it loses something in between the game part of it and the music part. Not saying they need expensive addons, but with Guitar Hero you had a guitar, DJ Hero you have the turntable, Rockband you have the whole set of instruments. This....well.....

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I'd dig this game if it were more active to be honest. The most fun ive had with it is while drunk. "Playing" this on the regular like I did with Rockband or even DJ hero I don't see happening. It's a good idea sort of, but it loses something in between the game part of it and the music part. Not saying they need expensive addons, but with Guitar Hero you had a guitar, DJ Hero you have the turntable, Rockband you have the whole set of instruments. This....well.....
Is sad that this is the only option to play rythm game.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Keyboard and mouse is where it's at. That not being an option on console is a crime.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
New DLC for Feb 25th 2021

DaBaby - BOP
Bell Biv DeVoe - Poison
Daddy Yankee ft. Snow - Con Calma

Finally poison is here. One of the best mixing songs in dropmix. Super happy to have it back. Haven’t had a chance to listen to the other songs in detail but poison is worth it alone for this week.

Bridges

New DLC for Feb 25th 2021

DaBaby - BOP
Bell Biv DeVoe - Poison
Daddy Yankee ft. Snow - Con Calma

Finally poison is here. One of the best mixing songs in dropmix. Super happy to have it back. Haven’t had a chance to listen to the other songs in detail but poison is worth it alone for this week.

I've fallen off the last couple of weeks but will definitely get back in for "Poison"

Bridges

I hope so much it's gonna be a good game, but let's be realistic here...
Not sure what you mean, the game has been out for months already and I think it's pretty great. If you're not a fan of Harmonix or music games then your mileage may vary, but I saw it mentioned in a lot of Game of The Year discussions last year, it definitely has an audience.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
New DLC for 3/04/21

Ava Max - My Head & My Heart
Bonnie Tyler - Holding Out For A Hero

WOW holding out for a hero is going to be absolutely amazing in this. Super upbeat and should work with everything. Shame it’s only 2 songs but that song more then makes up for it!!!!

Last edited:

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
DLC for March 11th 2021

David Guetta ft. Nicki Minaj & Flo Rida - Where Them Girls At

Vengaboys - We Like to Party! (The Vengabus)

The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army

Wow what a strange week. Huge get with the white stripes and then it goes in WTF territory with the vengabus song. Like, I must have missed out on that meme song somehow. It is so bad but will probably be good in this.

Last edited:

Bridges

DLC for March 11th 2021

David Guetta ft. Nicki Minaj & Flo Rida - Where Them Girls At

Vengaboys - We Like to Party! (The Vengabus)

The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army

Wow what a strange week. Huge get with the white stripes and then it goes in WTF territory with the vengabus song. Like, I must have missed out on that meme song somehow. It is so bad but will probably be good in this.

Oh that Vengaboys song instantly takes me back to when these commercials were everywhere

Can't believe that was 14 years ago...

Seven Nation Army is a perfect fit, glad to see they haven't permanently switched to 2 songs a week yet

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
DLC for March 18th, 2021

Sean Kingston - Fire Burning
Tiësto - Red Lights

Haven’t listened to these multiple times but each song has some fun parts. Red lights hits that DJ dance club that some people have wanted more from this game. Seems like we are alternating 2 and 3 songs each week. Ok with that.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Whoops a little late today.

DLC for March 25th 2021

Linkin Park - Numb
Martin Garrix - Animals
Modern English - I Melt With You

Great week. I can’t believe they are putting linkin park in here but numb is a pretty good choice. Animals was a bonus track in dropmix so it will be good to get all parts. Last one is a 80’s classic.

Top Bottom