• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harmony 360 remote owners...????

Liquid

Banned
this thing rocks but i have a ?. does the 360 version have motion sensors? sometimes mines will light up for no reason whatsoever but wont light up if i just pick it up.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
It has an internal gyro. It is supposed to light up if you've not used it for a while and pick it up. It is VERY sensitive, and lights up whenever I walk into the room where it is.

Oni Jazar

Does your remote rattle when you shake it? I'm scared.

Anways it's pretty good but I have some big issues. The software itself it buggy as hell. Navigating through the menus are a nightmare and sometimes it gives me a blank page.

The remote itself has some issues. Like i can't seem to raise the volume of my TV by just holding down the volume up button. I have to keep pushing it and have it go up slowly one notch at a time. Not a huge issue for me thankfully as I use the receiver for the volume most of the time.

I don't like how it turns off my stuff. Like I'll be downloading a demo on the xbox 360 and if I want to watch Tivo it shuts off the 360.

Then of course there's the issue of it only being able to remember the states caused by the remote itself. Like I want to watch a DVD on the 360 so I open the tray which turns on the 360 then push "Watch a DVD" which will shut off the 360. :p

Geoff9920

Liquid said:
this thing rocks but i have a ?. does the 360 version have motion sensors? sometimes mines will light up for no reason whatsoever but wont light up if i just pick it up.
I've got the 880, but the setup should be the same. There's an option to turn that off under remote settings of the website.
Oni Jazar said:
The software itself it buggy as hell. Navigating through the menus are a nightmare and sometimes it gives me a blank page.
If you're using firefox, the website doesn't seem to work to well with it. Try using IE or Safari if you're on OS X.
Oni Jazar said:
I don't like how it turns off my stuff. Like I'll be downloading a demo on the xbox 360 and if I want to watch Tivo it shuts off the 360.
You can set it to leave everything on if this is annoying you.
Oni Jazar said:
Then of course there's the issue of it only being able to remember the states caused by the remote itself. Like I want to watch a DVD on the 360 so I open the tray which turns on the 360 then push "Watch a DVD" which will shut off the 360. :p
Well, the damn thing isn't a mind reader. It has no idea that you turned it on. Most power settings are just an on/off toggle anyways. Some higher end components have descrete on/off codes though.

svenuce

I just ordered my third Harmony remote (an 880). They are the shiznit. I now have one in two bedrooms and our living room.

Kasra

Banned
I noticed that mine just randomly lights up. Is there a way to disable that? Cus it's eating a lot of battery juice, I'm sure.

Geoff9920

Kasra said:
I noticed that mine just randomly lights up. Is there a way to disable that? Cus it's eating a lot of battery juice, I'm sure.
I think, I'm going from memory here, it's under More options>Remote settings in the web wizard. The website layout is a pain and it's easy to miss those type of options.

Kasra

Banned
Geoff9920 said:
I think, I'm going from memory here, it's under More options>Remote settings in the web wizard. The website layout is a pain and it's easy to miss those type of options.

Cool, I'll check it when I get home, cus it is a bit annoying when that thing lights up. I normally set it face down on my couch, lol.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
-jinx- said:
It's becoming possessed by the spirit of the Revmote. You'd better get an exorcism ASAP!

universalremonster07.jpg

Top Bottom