• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hartley Sawyer fired from "The Flash" after old tweets resurface

E-Cat

Tweet from Diversity Hire (When the quality is this bad, you know) Showrunner Eric Wallace:

I love how he just completely loses what he was talking about and starts ranting about unrelated leftist things.
America already didn't have "moral authority". /shrug

TheContact

never watched the show but it seems stupid to fire him over these tweets. some of them are funny but others are just dumb. i don't understand the cutting off homeless women's breasts tweet especially. none of them seem like he was being serious. cancel culture is fucking dumb.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I feel like these are just some of his bad jokes. If we saw it all I wonder how many jokes he makes about men, priests, cars, the weather, etc and these are just the cherry picked ones about women.

The guy was developing his voice and clearly that kind of stuff didnt work out so he dropped it and moved on.

Hell, I cant wait for Lisa Lampanelli to get retroactively cancelled for her set. Or has she already? Haven't heard from her in a while.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Waiting for folks to start spouting off that his free speech was violated, as usual every time something like this goes.

kunonabi

If I had twitter in high school...I'd probably be dead. Thank goodness I am old enough to have just missed the full on social media train.

edit: (not really, but I was a pretty dumb kid, clearly)
I remember being in college slightly before the world went nuts and I was talking about character in a movie to one of my classmates and he was so offended when I called the character Fatty McPie. That's pretty tame as far as in-jokes from my youth with my friends go. My brother would totally be cancelled by now.

NoviDon

Yes would think at this point there would be a "professional" clean up crew that celebs would hire to scour the archives of their various social media accounts and remove anything that could be potentially career ending...they could even pay a monthly fee to have an employee of said business monitor the accounts and the celebs could take a screenshot and send it to the agent for quick eval before posting. Think of it as sort of a condom for the pctd's that's spreading like wildfire these days.

frostyxc

Hartley (and all of the super cute and tiny ethnically-ambiguous women) was the best part of that horribly-written, kind-of-horribly-acted show. Hart-Dawg -- as his friends who I just imagined into existence call him -- should probably gear up for a wrongful termination suit. It's so sad to see such a promi-... No, Hart-Dawg is a combination of his first name, Hartley, and an affectionate misspelling of "dog" used to display a form of camaraderie. I'm sorry it went over your head, but this is bro-down-like-it's-a-hoedown talk 101. Maybe you should get out more instead of posting in Hartley Sawyer firing threads on the internet if you don't get common nicknaming conventions. Maybe invest in some prescription deodorant while you're at it. It smells like a Brussels sprouts and garlic festival in here.

Did I just swallow my gum?

ManaByte

Actor on CW Flash show Tweets stupid shit years before he ever got the job = Fired

Ezra Miller chokeslams a fan outside a bar in 2020 = Gets a big screen movie

DESTROYA

Don’t know why anyone in the entertainment industry would willingly go on Twitter today, we’ve see this more and more daily no matter what side of the political spectrum you come from Twitter is a shithole for cancel culture.

Last edited:
Tweet from Diversity Hire (When the quality is this bad, you know) Showrunner Eric Wallace:

I love how he just completely loses what he was talking about and starts ranting about unrelated leftist things.

Show is cucked from the top to the bottom.

This is amazing. :messenger_tears_of_joy:Where do we start?

"all families, black and brown ones" Erm? Brown family, yeah so not racist. :messenger_tears_of_joy:What's the difference between black and brown?

"continual harassment - unconscious or otherwise - " So consciously and unconsciously? Better not unconsciously active that limbic system you fucking racist. Wrong think?! Oven this motherfucker! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

"the only way for you to be free is for all of us to be free" How many of us are in Prison? None, so we're all free then?

"white privilage" ohh yeah, tell me more about how all races should be one, but only vilify whites.

And the best Rhetoric of them all, parroted ad nauseum? "shocked, saddened and angry" Why angry? Violence is bad but anger is OK?

-Arcadia-

Banned
This is amazing. :messenger_tears_of_joy:Where do we start?

"all families, black and brown ones" Erm? Brown family, yeah so not racist. :messenger_tears_of_joy:What's the difference between black and brown?

"continual harassment - unconscious or otherwise - " So consciously and unconsciously? Better not unconsciously active that limbic system you fucking racist. Wrong think?! Oven this motherfucker! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

"the only way for you to be free is for all of us to be free" How many of us are in Prison? None, so we're all free then?

"white privilage" ohh yeah, tell me more about how all races should be one, but only vilify whites.

And the best Rhetoric of them all, parroted ad nauseum? "shocked, saddened and angry" Why angry? Violence is bad but anger is OK?

It explains so much about The Flash that he’s head writer.

Grinchy

Banned
Just remember that 10 year old cringy teenage joke tweets are something you can never change or grow from so you must be removed from the planet, but 13 years is enough time to go from armed home invasion to hero.

McCheese

Actor on CW Flash show Tweets stupid shit years before he ever got the job = Fired

Ezra Miller chokeslams a fan outside a bar in 2020 = Gets a big screen movie

Protip. Change your Twitter bio pic to wearing drag and they'll leave you alone.

Top Bottom