• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has a game ever made you cry?

Skii

I finished Life Is Strange last night and I was choked up
at the final decision of the game. I just had to save Arcadia Bay
and the ending ruined me. I must admit I was teary-eyed. This is so rare for me as even the most emotionally draining movies haven't moved me the way Life Is Strange did.
It must be because you decide the ending, not the director

Other games that had me close were Kingdom Hearts 2 and Shadow of the Colossus but not to the extent of Life Is Strange.

Are there any games that have made you teary-eyed or full out cry?

ThomasCro

Final Fantasy X. I don't remember the exact sequence, but that game wrecked me a couple of times.

The soundtrack was probably the main reason. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1JgIg38QBU

Also, a couple of times in the Mass Effect franchise.
I was determined not to cure the genophage and I had to kill Mordin and Wrex myself.

SZips

Most recently: That Dragon, Cancer

Off the top of my head: To the Moon did and the ending to the first season of The Walking Dead had me shed a few tears.

omgkitty

and the ending ruined me. I must admit I was teary-eyed. This is so rare for me as even the most emotionally draining movies haven't moved me the way Life Is Strange did.

I finished Life is Strange Monday night and cried and have felt like shit ever since.

Mr-Joker

Banned
No, then again I am not one to wear my emotion on my sleeves. Not that there is anything wrong in being in touch with your emotions.

Agram

There were tears in my eyes when I met giraffes.

And Journey's ending was special when I first played it.

Valiant Hearts finale. Stood myself on the military graveyard from the final scene of the game. It's an actual place in eastern france and they let recruits run up the mountain to pay their respects (i was just a tourist, but anyway. Beautiful place today). Next day i finished the game. When i saw the graveyard in-game in that last scene - that graveyard i just saw in real life the day before - and realized what was happening i started crying/sobbing like a baby.

Eidan

No, but I don't doubt the medium's ability to provoke that kind of reaction. I just doubt I'm playing the right kind of games to do it.

Undertale made me tear up during the final
Pacifist battle.

It was a very powerful climax on top of some powerful music, OK?

Losing Mordin
in Mass Effect 3 made me legit cry.

I've shed an occasional tear at something that was genuinely sad or depressing but that moment made me just well up.

Journey
Final Fantasy X
The Last of Us
Heavenly Sword

Coincidentally my Top 4 games of all time (not including strategy/non-narrative games)

Lusankya

Yes, and I mean real crying not some tears in the eyes.

First one was Virtue's Last Reward and there
Luna's .....
ending. I replayed it several times and every time I have to cry. :(

Second time was during STEINS;GATE, damn this game makes me so sad. I am glad the
true end is a happy end.

No but Persona 4 left me really depressed with an empty feeling for about a month after I finished everything. Never had that happen before with a game.

Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core are the only ones to do that. FF X ending hit me really hard on my most recent playthrough last year while it didn't bring me to tears when playing at original launch. Seems the older I get the more prone I am to getting emotional responses from various media.

VLR made me tear up a bit during certain spots too iirc.

Other games that had me close were Kingdom Hearts 2 and Shadow of the Colossus but not to the extent of Life Is Strange.

Are there any games that have made you teary-eyed or full out cry?

The only video game that ever brought tears (and ever came close). It's amazing especially with how kinda awful the dialogue can be and how oddly the tone can change from one moment to the next.

I wish I had GHB'd myself so I could experience it all over again. Yes, I am an absolute nutter.

Kyoufu

The Witcher 3's combat made me cry.

Seriously though, I had tears when the FFX ending happened. :'(

MGS3's ending also made me emotional. Great games.

Top Bottom