• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has anyone tried this mobile moba Honor of Kings / Kings of Glory?

Fewr

I just read about it. I had no idea about this game.
Any impressions about its similarities and differences when compared with League of Legends? I'm just curious about this very popular game I didn't know existed.

https://www.ft.com/content/cb77ac42...egmentId=7c8f09b9-9b61-4fbb-9430-9208a9e233c8

Honor of Kings, a role-playing game for smartphones, has attracted 50m active users, after adding 5m a month since it was launched by internet company Tencent last year — making it more popluar than Nintendo’s global sensation Pokémon Go.

Although the game is almost unknown outside of China, Honor of Kings, which sees players battle mythical beasts in a fantasy landscape, now has an army of players roughly equal to the total population of South Korea.

The rise of the dragon-battling game underlines the transition in Chinese gaming away from PCs towards mobile, and the continued reliance of top Chinese titles on imported designs. Honor of Kings is essentially a mobile version of the world’s most played game, League of Legends, which was created by US developer Riot Games.

Benjamin Wu, an analyst at Shanghai-based consultancy Pacific Epoch, predicted the game’s daily users could reach 70m this year. In comparison, Pokémon Go had some 45m people actively playing worldwide at its peak in July, but that number dropped to around 30m a month later, according to data from analytics company Apptopia.

Top Bottom