• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone (arcade port) announced for PS4

ezodagrom

From the stream the producer said they are planning to release this in full package form, including all of the over 200 songs that are in arcade. No, F2P, no DLCs. He said this is like a thank you gift for the fans.

Also it's 1080P
I know this won't happen, but... wtb PC version... ;~;

If this makes it to the west, I'm somewhat tempted to get a PS4 for it...

Zhao_Yun

From the stream the producer said they are planning to release this in full package form, including all of the over 200 songs that are in arcade. No, F2P, no DLCs. He said this is like a thank you gift for the fans.

Also it's 1080P

Wow, definitely gonna buy it from the Japanese Store then. There won't be a physical release for this right?

Zhao_Yun

"Package form" suggests physical release to me. But I don't think this is a confirmation of any sort.

Hm I was reading the "package form" as "we will release the game as it is without any dlcs or microtransactions". Would be great if there was a phsycial edition though.

Skrams

Also it's 1080P

I had to lay on my floor for a bit after reading this. I really hope that means a physical version is a thing too. Will absolutely import day one.

SephLuis

Also it's 1080P

Well, thank you. Day one import.

Guess I am going digital this time, easier to pick and play.

Hm I was reading the "package form" as "we will release the game as it is without any dlcs or microtransactions". Would be great if there was a phsycial edition though.
I've never seen that concept described with those words. "Package form" is not a new term.

SHarris78

Sorry to go slightly off topic (again), but I can't find Dreamy Theater 2nd on the JP Store on the PS3, just the first and 'extend' versions. I can find it when browsing the store on my PC but not on the console.

Edit: Ignore me, the icon for the game on the PS3 store was a picture of Monkey Island, obviously !!!!!

SHarris78

I did it and, well, it's nice. It's the same PSP game, but much better to play it.

DT 2nd also includes everything from the first game. But, if I am not mistaken, the PDF games + DLC already cover most of the great songs in DT. I guess only a few didn't came back.

How did you get it to work from a Vita. I've downloaded the transfer tool to the Vita fine, and i'm at the stage were the DT2 title screen is on both Vita & PS3. It says unknown device detected (which I know is correct), and it seemed to have worked, as it loaded something, but when I go to the main main on PS3 i've no options to do anything - its as if no saved data has gone across. Any help greatly appreciated, feel like i've thrown money away at the moment.

SephLuis

How did you get it to work from a Vita. I've downloaded the transfer tool to the Vita fine, and i'm at the stage were the DT2 title screen is on both Vita & PS3. It says unknown device detected (which I know is correct), and it seemed to have worked, as it loaded something, but when I go to the main main on PS3 i've no options to do anything - its as if no saved data has gone across. Any help greatly appreciated, feel like i've thrown money away at the moment.

I used my PSP, since I didn't wanted to deal with changing accounts on the Vita.

If I remember correctly, you need to navigate the menus in the PS3 version in order to download the save data from the transfer tool.

Give me a minute here and I will check it.

EDIT:

From the main menu, choose the 4th option, the one that says DIVAデータコピー

Then choose the first option システムデータコピー

If your PSP/Vita is with the transfer application working (by your post, it is working) then it should copy your data to the ps3 version and you can play it.

Enjoy

prwxv3

Also it's 1080P

wat. Is it bizzaro world today.

SHarris78

From the main menu, choose the 4th option, the one that says DIVAデータコピー

Then choose the first option システムデータコピー

If your PSP/Vita is with the transfer application working (by your post, it is working) then it should copy your data to the ps3 version and you can play it.

Enjoy

Seriously, huge thanks for the help, i'm up and running!!

I released what I did wrong too - I feel like an idiot yet i'm definitely not blaming myself :). Usually, when playing JP games on my Vita the O and X button for 'confirm' and 'cancel' are opposite to the usual UK buttons, yet this wasn't, totally threw me!!!!!!

Again, many thanks.

luka

Loves Robotech S1

Also it's 1080P

holy fuck, if he means retail i'll buy 3. i was pretty bummed about the download only thing.

Also it's 1080P

Jaw on the floor. A-are they feeling okay? Am I dreaming?

Nyoro SF

Yeah, that's the OutRun song I was referring to. Haha.

Can't wait to finally play it. With this, Street Fighter V, and the Gravity Rush games, I'm gonna need to get a PlayStation 4 next year.

Oops. I didn't click the links cause I'm at work and it totally dropped from my mind.
But yeah, looks like I'll be grabbing a PS4 bundle later because sadly there's no way Diva games will come to PC outside of the divine providence of Sega Europe.

Kumubou

This game has like over 200 songs right?

Can all that actually fit in a Blu Ray?
Easily, even after accounting for all of the different models and other assets unless they do something insane like have all of the audio completely uncompressed. For a reference, the disk images for some of the later Beatmania IIDX games (which have 1,000+ songs in them), all of which have dedicated sample/SFX data for each song and movie/CGs for a fair number of them come in at about 40GB of data.

Astarte

Also it's 1080P

I'm getting tired of replaying a lot of songs (like Senbonzakura for one), but hooray Miku!

Easily, even after accounting for all of the different models and other assets unless they do something insane like have all of the audio completely uncompressed. For a reference, the disk images for some of the later Beatmania IIDX games (which have 1,000+ songs in them), all of which have dedicated sample/SFX data for each song and movie/CGs for a fair number of them come in at about 40GB of data.
This is kind of an apples to oranges comparison... Project DIVA songs are on average 1.5-2x the length of beatmania IIDX songs, and the data storage needs are dissimilar; IIDX songs are stored largely as keysounds which may or may not have static backing tracks, whereas Project DIVA has to store at a minimum two static tracks for the length of the song - instrumentals and vocals - to facilitate bring able to cut the vocals away on player error.

PInk Tape

Banned
ohmygod yes

WjCvJQr.png

mrmickfran

Even if each song data file took up 100 MB, that's still only 20 GB.

Well then. I just always thought that audio takes a shit ton of space. Good tp know.

This is DL release only at this moment. No disc release.

Well:
“I think we could make it a retail release if we see enough spirit.”
Release is after PDX

http://gematsu.com/2015/09/hatsune-miku-project-diva-future-tone-runs-1080p-60fps-ps4
SHOW SOME SPIRIT

muteki

I'm hoping "After X" means after March but before PS4 X, but I really am thinking they mean the latter and it is Holiday 2016 for future tone.

Also it's 1080P

Hot damn. That would be awesome. And it looks gorgeous.

Tenshi

Neo Member
I have a feeling this download is going to be enormous in size. But I'll accept this and wait patiently for the download to finish when it comes out. Also I have a feeling that the Japanese PSN Store is going to chug along from the bombardment of users upon release day.

In preparation for the game: Does anyone know if the audio output from the DS4 is lagfree? Would be a convenient way for everyone to eliminate audio lag while playing.

Deft Beck

I have a feeling this download is going to be enormous in size. But I'll accept this and wait patiently for the download to finish when it comes out. Also I have a feeling that the Japanese PSN Store is going to chug along from the bombardment of users upon release day.

I also have a feeling that the price will be enormous, too.

Top Bottom