• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

srst

I only know how to play properly with dual wielding now lol. It's so much better. :p

I can't imagine playing almost any song on extreme without dual wielding, once you get pretty good at it it makes the game much less frantic.

There was a item you could use in 2nd I believe that made the notes smaller. In long strings of overlapping consecutive notes this made them much easier to read. Haven't gone looking for it in X though.

Man, I can't stop dual wielding! The game is so much more pleasant to play with all the stress lifted off my right thumb. It's like a whole new game and more addicting too! :D

ChrisD

That was my exact sentiment when I read about it on here. Though mine was also mixed with "How did I not realize I could do this?" :p

Zambayoshi

Very proud of getting my first Extreme Perfect in Rolling Girl :)

ZE2cjg6.jpg

Zambayoshi

InfiniteNine would be proud.

In fact I just checked and it's my first 9-star extreme perfect in PDf2nd. Even better :)

It took me a while because whenever I succeeded in passing that difficult section with the two different triplet notes, I'd get to the section after Chance time and just choke.

I was literally shaking after I got it...lol.

muteki

I was just about to post, I saw Miku and Jason Staham shilling LG phones on tv, and was really weirded out for a second.

Does Future Tone have different challenge items than the main series? I became curious and have spent the past hour searching for information and can't find anything. :/

You can't do this in the main games...

Does Future Tone have different challenge items than the main series? I became curious and have spent the past hour searching for information and can't find anything. :/

You can't do this in the main games...
Future Tone shares pretty much nothing in common with the mainline games because of how long ago the series fork was (Arcade and 2nd on PSP both branched off from the first PSP title with totally different people at the helm). It's best to not search for similarities in the two games because they're really not intended to be similar.

Koppai

I'm pretty sure I am stuck in Project DIVA X, I played like all the songs in the different categories but what now?

Also, I will be going to the Hatsune Miku concert this coming weekend in Dallas, so excited!!! :D

ChrisD

I'm pretty sure I am stuck in Project DIVA X, I played like all the songs in the different categories but what now?

Also, I will be going to the Hatsune Miku concert this coming weekend in Dallas, so excited!!! :D

Stuck how? The game has some unlocks - such as the Ultimate Medley, which requires leveling up each area to 2 Orbs - but aside from that and some of the quests it's a Rhythm Game. There's not really an end to things. The "what now" is play some more. :p

And enjoy! Would have loved to go, but tickets weren't on sale by the time I had the funds haha. If you get any merch you should share pictures here. ^^

Went to the LA show this past weekend, it was pretty awesome, although i liked the stage design from miku expo 2014 a bit better. Miku played keyboard.:D himitsu keisatsu is always hype. no luka luka night fever.:( just be friends made up for it a bit tho.

Miku Expo this year had a surprising number of songs taken directly from Magical Mirai 2015. A lot of Magical Mirai 2013 songs as well. We're not playing catchup anymore.

Gekishou/Intense Voice finally makes its Western debut, and was as hype as expected. Anamanaguchi taking over as the encore backing band was a nice twist.

The songs made for the West were much better this time! Blue Star makes for a great live performance. Ten Thousand Stars was pretty obviously written with Miku-as-Lady-Gaga in mind, and mission accomplished there.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Going tomorrow to the NY one... sooooo hyped. No Luka Luka Night Fever is a bit of a bummer, though, since that was my #1 moment at Miku Expo 2014 :(

Oh wait... just spoiled Seattle's setlist and my favorite vocaloid track ever will be there
World's End Dancehall
, sall good...

Going tomorrow to the NY one... sooooo hyped. No Luka Luka Night Fever is a bit of a bummer, though, since that was my #1 moment at Miku Expo 2014 :(

Oh wait... just spoiled Seattle's setlist and my favorite vocaloid track ever will be there
World's End Dancehall
, sall good...

Do you need a VIP ticket or know anyone who could use one by any chance? lol

djtiesto

Do you need a VIP ticket or know anyone who could use one by any chance? lol

Unfortunately, no I don't. We got GA tickets but it wouldn't be fair to take your GA and leave my girlfriend and other friends chilling on the floor :p Definitely appreciate the offer, though!

Tenshi

Neo Member
The concert last night was absolutely euphoric for me. Watching the concerts on blu-ray will not be the same after actually being at the event. I'm at a loss for words as to how happy I am with the experience. Score a lot of exclusive merchandise was also icing on the cake.

djtiesto

The concert last night was absolutely euphoric for me. Watching the concerts on blu-ray will not be the same after actually being at the event. I'm at a loss for words as to how happy I am with the experience. Score a lot of exclusive merchandise was also icing on the cake.

The concert was amazing but we were standing behind some kids with a camcorder and another with a cellphone who pretty much recorded the whole show and wouldn't put their arms down even for a minute. So we didn't get to see as much as we would have liked :(

Tracklist was awesome, though. Lots of recognizable tracks from the latter day games. And having my favorite song there didn't hurt!

Wish my girlfriend and I did what my one friend did and snuck up onto the balcony to watch :(

Tenshi

Neo Member
The concert was amazing but we were standing behind some kids with a camcorder and another with a cellphone who pretty much recorded the whole show and wouldn't put their arms down even for a minute. So we didn't get to see as much as we would have liked :(

Tracklist was awesome, though. Lots of recognizable tracks from the latter day games. And having my favorite song there didn't hurt!

Wish my girlfriend and I did what my one friend did and snuck up onto the balcony to watch :(

Yeah, that's unfortunate. Sorry you two had to go through that. The MC did say before the concert to please show courtesy towards others and not block their view of the stage. Unfortunately, some people didn't care to follow the rules. As for the track list, overall, I was really happy with it. I would have liked to hear "Shake It!" performed, but I didn't care in the end. I was in so much of euphoric state that I nearly teared up at the final song, "Hoshi No Kakera".

As soon as we all saw Miku come back for a another encore song, and I saw a KORG keyboard right beside her, and she sat down at it and gently shushed the audience, I knew what was coming and barely managed to keep my emotions in check throughout the whole song. Of all the concerts I've been to, this has definitely become one of my most cherished memories.

Yeah, that's unfortunate. Sorry you two had to go through that. The MC did say before the concert to please show courtesy towards others and not block their view of the stage. Unfortunately, some people didn't care to follow the rules. As for the track list, overall, I was really happy with it. I would have liked to hear "Shake It!" performed, but I didn't care in the end. I was in so much of euphoric state that I nearly teared up at the final song, "Hoshi No Kakera".

As soon as we all saw Miku come back for a another encore song, and I saw a KORG keyboard right beside her, and she sat down at it and gently shushed the audience, I knew what was coming and barely managed to keep my emotions in check throughout the whole song. Of all the concerts I've been to, this has definitely become one of my most cherished memories.

After two of these, I've accepted that getting your view blocked is inevitable when everyone is standing. Even without cameras and phones, for this latest show I was either staring at the heads of two tall people or another guy's raised elbow all night.

Seriously, you can't beat Gekishou / Intense Voice for euphoric highs. Finally seeing this one live makes up for its omission back in 2014 in NY. You can't appreciate the crowd going wild unless you were there.

But just when we thought we'd seen it all... Today they upped their game yet again. This year Tokyo gets not just Magical Mirai 2016 but the Miku orchestral concert: http://sp.wmg.jp/mikusymphony/

Do they ever do these concerts in the UK? It sounds like it would be really cool to go to one.

Not yet, but they go to more new countries every year. Keep an eye out?

Tenshi

Neo Member
Seriously, you can't beat Gekishou / Intense Voice for euphoric highs. Finally seeing this one live makes up for its omission back in 2014 in NY. You can't appreciate the crowd going wild unless you were there.

Tell me about it. I've seen this performance many times on the concert blu-rays, but I wasn't prepared for the feeling of seeing this same performance in person. It actually gave me goose bumps.

OMG Aero

Since Sega Europe are still only thinking about releasing Project Diva X here, I was thinking of getting Future Tone while I wait to see what happens but I'm confused about how that game is being released.
I can't see it on any import sites so is it download only? And I remember hearing when it was first announced that it was getting split up into two games, is that the case or is it just one game then you buy the other songs as DLC?

Zhao_Yun

Since Sega Europe are still only thinking about releasing Project Diva X here, I was thinking of getting Future Tone while I wait to see what happens but I'm confused about how that game is being released.
I can't see it on any import sites so is it download only? And I remember hearing when it was first announced that it was getting split up into two games, is that the case or is it just one game then you buy the other songs as DLC?

Yes, it's download only and it consist of 2 packs, which contain 120 and 100 songs respectively. Song list can be found here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=204761493&postcount=329

ChrisD

Yeah, it's Digital Only. So you'll need to have/make a Japanese account (not too hard, Google has a lot of guides on it) and then buy JPY PSN Cards from an online retailer to buy it.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the game's "main app" is downloaded for free (Future Tone Prelude). That has two free songs. From there, you can then buy two separate DLC packs: Future Sound, and Colorful Tone. These are the two games you're thinking of. Each one has something like 100+ songs and loads of modules from two different types/eras of Project Diva. Where Future Sound is the more modern stuff, and Colorful Tone is Project Mirai + Arcade songs.

So basically:

Download Prelude for free
Purchase song pack from within Prelude as DLC; song packs are entire games for all purposes

Because it's DLC in the game you won't have to switch between two different games every time you want to play a song from the other pack.

....which is why I really hope I got that right. Pretty certain they're not two separate apps.

[Edited what pack is what, made a goof-up in first draft.]

damn... they included "Stardust utopia" in the colorful pack... I wasn't planning on buying it, only the future pack..

I might buy both now.. .the most expensive dlc I have ever bought I guess...

ChrisD

Calling it DLC isn't really fair. For all intents and purposes these are full games. Shoot, each one is bigger than any previous Diva game ever - even bigger than F2nd with all of its DLC! You can feel better knowing you didn't spend $80 (right?) on DLC, but on two humongous games.

Unless you just meant DLC as in a digital item, in which case ignore this. :p

If you're buying both anyway, you might as well get your preorder in now, which allows your PS4 to preload the game before launch and gives two bonus PS4 dynamic themes. Preorder is for both packs at once.

Top Bottom