• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

How the fuck is that NOT a 10 star?

To be honest, it doesn't look like a 10 star to me. I can't even clear anything higher than 8.5 stars, and 10 star song knock me out in moments, but I feel like with a bit of practice, I could make it through a decent amount of that. I could be wrong, but that definitely looks easier than f 2nd's 10 star songs. Even taking the length into account, it's not until the second half where things start looking at all finger twisting. It wouldn't shock me to see that at 9 stars.

ChrisD

Tried to stay unspoiled but I had to watch the Ultimate Medley.

It was all fine and looked doable until the very end. I still can't get that blasted Intense Voice string in F2nd. >.<

LowParry

Good lord. Please someone tell me that pic from DOAX3 of Miku is fake because it looks terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible.

LowParry

What picture?

Dat. I mean it's Miku. Just...what....

H0ahk6h.jpg

muteki

It isn't too bad. Face is close to arcade, not a lot they can do without getting into Nomura territory. Standing next to Marie brings out her odd proportions in her frame though.

LowParry

Got my shipping notice just now from Amazon.jp for Diva X. Looks like I'll have it by Monday which is fine by me. :D

Edit: Scratch that. DHL has for Friday. Oh my.

SephLuis

I honestly thought it was going to be more difficult when they said the names of each song.

It isn't too bad. Face is close to arcade, not a lot they can do without getting into Nomura territory. Standing next to Marie brings out her odd proportions in her frame though.

Yeah, but I still expect people eating up this collaboration and DOAX3 selling quite a lot.

muteki

Demo runs fairly nice. Everything is native except when the notes are on the screen, but even then looks pretty good. No worse than F2nd, medley stage might be marginally lower quality, but my eyes might be playing tricks on me. No free play in demo, just quests with easy and normal difficulty, as expected. Getting f/F2nd modules as drops. Custom live events run shorter versions of songs. No screenshots. Also does that thing with recent vita games where you can't open other apps while the game is running.

Not sure if is a demo thing, but some options seem missing. Vocals always drop out on missed notes, hopefully not a requirement in real game.

Redhood

Demo runs fairly nice. Everything is native except when the notes are on the screen, but even then looks pretty good. No worse than F2nd, medley stage might be marginally lower quality, but my eyes might be playing tricks on me. No free play in demo, just quests with easy and normal difficulty, as expected. Getting f/F2nd modules as drops. Custom live events run shorter versions of songs. No screenshots. Also does that thing with recent vita games where you can't open other apps while the game is running.

Not sure if is a demo thing, but some options seem missing. Vocals always drop out on missed notes, hopefully not a requirement in real game.

Ah good that it runs well! But that was expected as the PV's look much simpler the PDF2nd and that was native. How many songs? Which Ones?

The alternative game jacket given in today's Release Celebration thingy is just I dunno... "meh" for a lack of better word.

I like Marie Rose
(at least from what I've seen in trailers never actually played DoA5/LR/X3)
but ehhh...

Of all the "same release day" collab, they chose DoAX3? Dark Souls 3 is a more matching fit, really. Imagine a full armored guy in DS3. With green twin tails poking out.

On a more serious note on "collaborations", I kinda wish they could have put Miku in Senjou no Valkyria Remaster.&#12288;She already has the costume and all.

Tenshi

Neo Member
Looks like I'm getting that sweet CA module after all. I saw it in the download queue on my Vita when the game started to download. I'm curious why the dlc content is not up.

kagamin

Game confirmed for Saturday delivery, I'm excited to say the least, might fire up Project Diva f first once I get it to unlock all the difficulties for the songs though.

Zhao_Yun

Cross-posting from the other thread, in case people aren't following both. They have given hints on pricing for the Future Tone packs.

On its newest blog entry SEGA is hinting at the pricing for one pack.
http://info.miku.sega.jp/8936

According to the producer you will be able to pay with one bill and still get change. It's confirmed that it won't be below 1000 or 2000 Yen and looking at their comments to 5000 (WOW) and 10.000 (Eh...You could buy a quite substantial game for that), it seems probable that one pack will cost below 5000 Yen?

edit: Gematsu has an article on it as well http://gematsu.com/2016/03/hatsune-...e-details-future-sound-colorful-tone-versions

RedToad64

Is the 3DS game good? I enjoyed my time with the demo and it's on sale right now.

Keep in mind that I have never played any of the other games.

Is the 3DS game good? I enjoyed my time with the demo and it's on sale right now.

Yeah, it's pretty fun. Much more forgiving than the other games, so it could be a better place to start. Great tracklist, too. (aside from Electric Love and Aku no Meshitsukai euggghhh)

c-murph

Ah man, I want my Diva X from amazon.jp now... But It won't ship until April 6 because I also ordered Return of the Living Dead III on bluray. Maybe it's for the best though... I do have two 60% essays due.

ChrisD

Yeah, it's pretty fun. Much more forgiving than the other games, so it could be a better place to start. Great tracklist, too. (aside from Electric Love and Aku no Meshitsukai euggghhh)

Dude I read this as Electric Angel at first and was ready to .gif spam with multiple no's. @.@

Project Mirai DX? I just got it recently myself and it's really fun. Easier than the Diva series by a little bit I think. Great track list.

Edit: basically what Ludger said.

Hey, if anyone has a North American copy of F 2nd and wants more songs to play, go to online mode and look up the PSN ID "MIlesEdgeworth". Pretty much all of his charts feel like the could be official DLC. And while that applies to a number of edits I've played, nobody else has SO MANY good ones all in one place (with working, easy to find audio source links!)

ChrisD

It's no IA/VT though. Think one of the songs in that game clocked in at 7 min.

Yikes.. Still haven't played that. Didn't know it got that high.

Hey, if anyone has a North American copy of F 2nd and wants more songs to play, go to online mode and look up the PSN ID "MIlesEdgeworth". Pretty much all of his charts feel like the could be official DLC. And while that applies to a number of edits I've played, nobody else has SO MANY good ones all in one place (with working, easy to find audio source links!)

Thanks for the heads-up! Will check 'em out. ^^

TP

Yikes.. Still haven't played that. Didn't know it got that high.

IA/VT, and that song specifically, never manages to get boring though
Definitely can't say the same about Mirai

Could just be me though
Discussion about IA/VT is so rare

IA/VT isn't bad but I like Project mirai 2/DX much better. I don't think IA/VT's game design is well thought out and I liked Project mirai's song selection much more.

RedToad64

Project Mirai DX? I just got it recently myself and it's really fun. Easier than the Diva series by a little bit I think. Great track list.

Edit: basically what Ludger said.

Thanks for the input, guys! Any details on the block size?

Yasumi

Banned
IA/VT, and that song specifically, never manages to get boring though
Definitely can't say the same about Mirai

Could just be me though
Discussion about IA/VT is so rare
Yeah, I just gave Falling Apart a play, and it does do a good job of keeping things interesting. As you go, the song itself, the beatmap, and the visuals increase in intensity, keeping the player engaged. Mirai didn't pull it off nearly as well.

Aizo

Banned
Audio source links?
I just got the game from my gf recently, so I only downloaded one of those fan made songs. Seemed to be missing something.

Speaking of downloading, fuck the Japanese DLC prices. I can't buy any of those songs.

Top Bottom