• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

I've heard rumors that PS3 kept the low fps cap for parity reasons. Can't do anything to threaten Vita sales!

Both PS3 Diva F games also render in native 1080p (while most interface elements are evidently upscaled, the actual 3D graphics are rendered in pixel-perfect 1080p), so there's that as well. The 1080p is most identifiable in the "Love, Hate" track, which uses cel shaded models that the antialiasing doesn't reach well.

Well worth the trade-off I think, since you get a consistent experience with Vita and visuals at least 4-5x the resolution.

Tenshi

Neo Member
My Cd Japan order won't take long to be delivered but I still see myself getting a digital copy on day one like I usually do with Diva releases.

LowParry

So if I have things all in order, for DLC, etc., I will need a JA account yes? The account have to be a master account or can it be a sub?

So if I have things all in order, for DLC, etc., I will need a JA account yes? The account have to be a master account or can it be a sub?

Yes, you absolutely have to be playing on a PSN account matching the game's region for DLC access on a Vita game. I don't know about child accounts since I don't use them.

The process of switching accounts on Vita isn't straightforward (you have to do a factory reset and either back up your memory card via Content Manager beforehand or use an entirely different memory card since they are tied to PSN account). I just ended up getting another Vita to keep on my JP PSN account full time.

LowParry

Yes, you absolutely have to be playing on a PSN account matching the game's region for DLC access on a Vita game. I don't know about child accounts since I don't use them.

The process of switching accounts on Vita isn't straightforward (you have to do a factory reset and either back up your memory card via Content Manager beforehand or use an entirely different memory card since they are tied to PSN account). I just ended up getting another Vita to keep on my JP PSN account full time.

Hmmm. Well that will make things interesting then. Though I could go without DLC. I usually just stick with the in game modules for each song, etc. Unless we start getting new songs to add to the playlist. But eventually I'll be picking up the PS4 version when it hits the US.

ChrisD

oh

um

okay

but-why.gif

LowParry

A Marie x Miku combo? Oh my. I mean. Sure, why not.

Edit: Wait, so if they for some reason get Miku in DOA3X? Nawwww. Nawwwwww. No way.

Marche90

Oh.

Hmm...

At least I hope it's from DOA to PDX instead of the alternative.

Anyway. Not quite the discount the EU has, but F 2nd is currently on sale on the American PSN... from $39.99 to $29.99.

ヽ(´ー`)ノ

Edit: nevermind, the whole series is on sale; all games are at $29.99 (in other words, f is the only one that didn't got a discount)

Luigi87

I'm just gonna guess Marie's default outfit as a module, and Miku's outfit (or a bikini variation) + maybe hair colour for Marie in DoAX3

Kumubou

I'm surprised that this news about Future Tone hasn't come up here yet (and Siliconera has an English translation).

It sounds like the PS4 version of Project Diva: Future Tone is being split up into two full releases: Future Sound (which has music from the PSP and PS3/Vita games) and Colorful Tone (which has music from the 3DS and Arcade games). Doesn't sound like there would be any significant DLC beyond that, as both games would contain all of the arcade game's songs (~220) and modules (~340). Ultimately, it looks like that's what the compromise was between wanting to get a full release out there and management wanting to make money on the release. Not quite sure how I feel about that, but each game by itself would still have far more content than any of the previous releases. Still seems kind of curious, since it sounds like it'll be a much better release than what X is shaping up to be (from people's impressions in this thread, anyway).

They also confirmed that the game will feature configurable controls, which is going to be really useful for people who want to try playing on non-standard controllers. Now you could do something stupid like play on an arcade stick or a Pop'n controller (although I don't know how slides would be handled in that instance -- can they be bound to the triggers?).

Tenshi

Neo Member
Well that certainly is an interesting approach to releasing Future Tone. Can't say that I ever saw this coming. My main question now is how much each version will be.

If they really wanted not to have the songs of Future Tone as DLC or some kind of subscription, this is probably the best way to go for them. All 200+ songs in one game would have been ridiculous, and assuming they won't be much more expensive than your average retail PS4 game it'd still be a good deal.

Not opposed to buying the two games, but it'd be nice if we could buy one and download the other so that the full song list appeared in one game? Don't really want to switch between games...
but I will anyway, I suppose

muteki

I was expecting worse, so the game split isn't too bad. Was worried about some convoluted subscription service or DLC scheme. I'd probably still get both anyway. More interested in the Arcade songs I haven't played, but having all the PSP/Vita songs in one place sounds nice too.

I'd much rather there be one game and two huge DLC packs for it. Not totally convinced from the wording of the translated article here that this isn't the exact strategy. I also don't think the team would force people to switch games just to use different modules, since it's clear modules are included in the packs.

Diva X shipped from ami this morninggg. There's a whole mess of holidays coming up here, so hopefully I'll have it by Tuesday. ;_;

Not opposed to buying the two games, but it'd be nice if we could buy one and download the other so that the full song list appeared in one game? Don't really want to switch between games...

They'll probably combine the two if you buy both of them, somehow? I think the Senran Kagura rhythm game did something similar to this when it released in Japan.

LowParry

The transition from PS3 to PS Vita is rough. Though I probably should play around with the calibration options. Nothing but goods all over the place. And having to do the stars on the touchpad is even more odd.

Waiting for Amazon.jp to ship Diva X out. It does have an estimated time of 03/27 - 03/28 so we'll see.

muteki

The transition from PS3 to PS Vita is rough. Though I probably should play around with the calibration options. Nothing but goods all over the place. And having to do the stars on the touchpad is even more odd.

Waiting for Amazon.jp to ship Diva X out. It does have an estimated time of 03/27 - 03/28 so we'll see.

For F2nd at least you can use the sticks.

I've never had timing issues on handheld, only PS3. Think my TV has horrible amount of audio and/or video lag. Does take time for me to get use to controller shape though. PSP->Vita was much easier than PSP->DualShock for me.

You shouldn't have to fiddle with the calibration on Vita at all though, unless you're maybe using wireless speakers or something. The calibration options there are more for when you're playing on PSTV.

LowParry

You shouldn't have to fiddle with the calibration on Vita at all though, unless you're maybe using wireless speakers or something. The calibration options there are more for when you're playing on PSTV.

I think it's just a timing thing on my part between playing on the TV and the Vita screen. I just need to play more to get used to it.

Safros

The Disappearance chart is pretty bad.
The rest seem mostly okay except for some random parts.

I hope we get some decent DLC songs.

I wish that they treat derivatives Vocaloids better once. Just fucking once. ONCE.

It's like they got thrown in the gutter ever since the change in developer (which I shall refer to as "second era"). I like what Sega did in f and F2, but I always found it annoying that they are not even in the base game.

It was kinda forgivable in f - "maybe they didn't finish it in time". Then they were still DLC in F2 but since I owned the DLC set in f, they were available for me for free in F2 and they were no longer big ugly ass grey "EXTRA" in module select. But third game in the second era, and we still only have them as DLC. This time, with a bigger repercussions, as you can't use them in Live Quest Mode probably due to the Diva Room part of the mode.

Even if we set that aside, there's also the fact that their modules are older than those Limited Edition Hatsune Miku Vitas. They actually had more modules during the PSP games! D:

It is kinda infuriating since the submitter's designs they have picked are really good, and they also implemented them real well.

Of course I'm going to have to buy that set. Because Haku. ツマンネ→タマンネ→トマンネ

Can I have Sakura Haku, please?
*BTW, Haku's Gothic Purple Module is designed by Caffein, too.

This may or may not be a stealth rant because I want Yoshiwara Lament and Shiro no Musume/Ki no Otome ~Sennen no Wiegenlied~ to be in.

Oh, since I am already at this point, I am baffled that despite the fact that they started using the BullCrap Idol Labeling™ (Cute, Cool, Beauty, Slutty, Shitty, etc), Miku's Poppo~ Song. That's one of the cutest Miku Original episode to ever exist in all planes of existence.

Tenshi

Neo Member
Cd Japan shipped my copy out, but I probably won't see it till Monday. As usual, I'll be playing the digital copy while I wait for the physical one.

I hope the demo keeps me from breaking down and getting the digital version on top of physical. Wallet can't take it.

LOL, if the demo is the same one as I played in Magical Mirai 2015, yes, you will probably break down. That's like... one song, IIRC.

Also, that kinda reminds me. We've been getting Yuki Miku, but never Racing Miku. What's up with that?

I want Racing Miku 2015. She's a goddamn knight, complete with spear and shield!

LOL, if the demo is the same one as I played in Magical Mirai 2015, yes, you will probably break down. That's like... one song, IIRC.

Also, that kinda reminds me. We've been getting Yuki Miku, but never Racing Miku. What's up with that?

I want Racing Miku 2015. She's a goddamn knight, complete with spear and shield!

The demo has three songs iirc. One of them is Ai no Uta and the other two are some other things. Totally agree on Racing Miku, tho. We haven't gotten one of those since the 2012 ver. in F and we're way overdue for another. Especially since the recent designs have all been really nice. ;_;

My Vita is all set up with JP account and full wallet. Now just waiting for PSN to update.

Didn't Diva f have Racing Miku 2013?

muteki

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/hatsune-miku-project-diva-x-ps-vita-demo-launches-march-24-japan

My Vita is all set up with JP account and full wallet. Now just waiting for PSN to update.

Didn't Diva f have Racing Miku 2013?

2012 is the last we got i think.

I want 2016. Still bummed about the switch to Mercedes last year though.
34df7acc9a735901ec0fd8cb8066e82d1451218749_full.jpg

Deft Beck

I predict that Project Diva X's Western release will be in the form of a physical limited edition on PS4 with digital only for Vita.

And if Mirai DX is any indication, romanization instead of translated lyrics.

Aizo

Banned
These were my precise thoughts. Don't split the content like Idolmaster: Must Songs (Taiko spinoff)!

I think it's an unofficial scan so I don't think I should post it here, but

Project Diva X on PS4 not only looks AMAZING, but it's 60fps. I'm eating all my words.

Top Bottom