• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

Seeing livetune put in an outright house track this time makes me wish these games would embrace the dance music side of things. Since they are now having to repeat all these songs if they stick with the usual genres.

Like, would an HSP track really not work?

Whoa, I don't think I realized Project DIVA X is coming out so soon in Japan. Nice. I hope the US release isn't too far behind - my guess is late summer. Can't come soon enough...

muteki

Yeah LOL sounds better in Mirai, but might have to wait until I can listen to the real thing.

We have seen everything but the chaos, beauty, and ultimate medleys by this point yes?

Is Project Diva X shaping up to be a full Diva game? I ordered it yesterday but I remember reading it has like 30 songs?

30 songs is the shortest song list in series history, but not short to the point that it would be considered a partial game by any means. Song count history:

Project DIVA: 32 (+4 alternate vocals)
Project DIVA 2nd: 46 (+10 DLC, ~13+2 repeats)
Project DIVA extend: 37 (~13 repeats)
Project DIVA f: 32 (+ 7 DLC, 0.5 repeats)
Project DIVA F 2nd: 40 (+16 DLC, ~20+15 repeats)

Repeat counts are approximate based on a quick pass through the list from memory.

Tayaya

I celebrated Miku Day by taking a laser to my ipad. Never mind the changes in gradient as you move up the image - we needed to turn down the power on the laser as we went up to not blow out the face. It was our first time working with a Space Gray iPad, and all the settings we found online for recommended power were way too high, even after we turned them down to err on the side of caution.

Still, I'm super happy with the results. Also ordered Project Diva X thanks to Amazon.co.jp allowing it now!

HeC5iah.jpg

^ That looks really nice 👌👌👌

Vast majority are new songs too. There are only a few songs here that have been in previous games.

Two full songs and 14 in the medleys are repeats from earlier games.

I still think Hajimete no Oto has no business being in this game, though.

muteki

Really 14 in the medleys? I haven't gone through and counted them but that seems higher. I think all the ones we heard are new arrangements though at least?

X just seems to have a much fresher setlist than F2nd to me, which granted I probably spent most of my time playing the remakes outside a few standouts. But I still go back to F every once in a while because it all seems so new.

Hopefully X gets song DLC...I'd like to think they do something similar as F and have a pack out for the PS4 release.

There's uhhh Koisuru Voc@loid, Dreaming Leaf, Fukigen Waltz, Miracle Paint, Unhappy Refrain, Tengaku, Palette, Freely Tomorrow, Sweet Devil, Shoushitsu, Two-Sided Lovers, 2D Dream Fever, Sadistic Music Factory, and Gekishou. That'd be 14 repeats unless I missed any.

Edit: If we're counting Mirai then add in 1 2 Fanclub and Ageage Again for 16.

muteki

I wasn't doubting you, just seemed like a lot more than I thought.

But then you count up all the medley songs and there are 27 across six medleys.

Yaari

I celebrated Miku Day by taking a laser to my ipad. Never mind the changes in gradient as you move up the image - we needed to turn down the power on the laser as we went up to not blow out the face. It was our first time working with a Space Gray iPad, and all the settings we found online for recommended power were way too high, even after we turned them down to err on the side of caution.

Still, I'm super happy with the results. Also ordered Project Diva X thanks to Amazon.co.jp allowing it now!

HeC5iah.jpg

That's really cool!

Tenshi

Neo Member
So guys I canceled my Project Diva X pre-order...
AND ORDERED THIS STUFF INSTEAD:
X8qZlo2.png

Hmm, I kind of regret not pre-ordering from there instead of CDJapan. I'm just getting CDJapan's exclusive micro fiber towel. That's a nice module.

muteki

Hmm, I kind of regret not pre-ordering from there instead of CDJapan. I'm just getting CDJapan's exclusive micro fiber towel. That's a nice module.

I'm pretty sure the CA Style module isn't store exclusive. At least it is listed on my AmiAmi order as well.

I wish I got the Amazon theme though.

Redhood

All the PV's for X in trailers seem a bit off and I could not place my finger on it. We have had dance only PV's (Weekender Girl, Packaged etc.) before but these look a bit weird. I just realized after viewing a few PV's on PDF 2nd this morning. Since we can change the stage they have made the stages bigger and the camera angles they are employing for the concert look are making them even look bigger. We are not getting enough close cuts in X's PV's.

X has worse choreography too, imo. Just compare Weekender Girl or Acute to Streaming Heart or the Mitchie M medley. The dancing in X often looks like not much thought was put into it.

Sitrus

All the PV's for X in trailers seem a bit off and I could not place my finger on it. We have had dance only PV's (Weekender Girl, Packaged etc.) before but these look a bit weird. I just realized after viewing a few PV's on PDF 2nd this morning. Since we can change the stage they have made the stages bigger and the camera angles they are employing for the concert look are making them even look bigger. We are not getting enough close cuts in X's PV's.

It looks like everything in X was made using the in-game editor to me xD

Redhood

X has worse choreography too, imo. Just compare Weekender Girl or Acute to Streaming Heart or the Mitchie M medley. The dancing in X often looks like not much thought was put into it.

True. MitchieM choreography was such a letdown. I was thinking that all 6 modules shall dance on every medley. :/

Some other live stream it seems.
http://info.miku.sega.jp/8747

Starts at March 16 (Wed) 20:00
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv255493212

Google Translate
★ March 16 (Wed) 20:00
"PlayStation" official live Purekyasu ℠ # 116

[Cast] Tetsuya Otsubo ( "Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- X" director)
Kanako Kusunoki ( "Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- X" development staff)

Otsubo director and DIVA zero Unit's in "Purekyasu" starring broadcast today! In the center of the new appearance "live Quest mode", while actually playing, I will introduce the charm of the "Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- X"!

There's also Module and Accessory unlock DLC if you don't want to rely on drops and randomness.

From Google Translate
★ unlock key ★
"Module unlock key", "Accessories unlock key" is the unlock key to all open the module accessory of each element. Although modules and accessories can be dropped in random to get in the "Live Quest" mode of this work, who want to align quickly, please consider all means purchase.

※ All prices are excluding tax.
"Neutral" module unlock key ... 500 yen
"Cute" module unlock key ... 500 yen
"Cool" module unlock key ... 500 yen
"Beauty" module unlock key ... 500 yen
"Chaos" module unlock key ... 500 yen
Module unlock key set ... 1,500 yen

"Neutral" Accessories unlock key ... 250 yen
"Cute" Accessories unlock key ... 250 yen
"Cool" accessory unlock key 250 yen
"Beauty" Accessories unlock key ... 250 yen
"Chaos" Accessories unlock key ... 250 yen
Accessories unlock key set ... 1,000 yen
http://info.miku.sega.jp/8776

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/hatsune-miku-project-diva-x-ps-vita-demo-launches-march-24-japan
Sega will release a PS Vita demo for Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X on March 24 in Japan, the company announced.

The demo will feature a tutorial (“Ievan Polkka”) and the three rhythm game songs “Ai no Uta,” “Strangers,” and “LOL -lots of laugh-.” You can also try out the game’s new “Rush Notes” system and heart-racing modules.

Additionally, Sega announced new downloadable content coming launch day:

-“Snow Miku 2016” module (300 yen)
-“Miku Dayo” module (500 yen)
-“Nel, Haku, Sakine, and Teto Module Pack” (600 yen)
-Module unlock keys for each element (Neutral, Cute, Cool, Beauty, Chaos) (500 yen each)
-Module unlock key set (1,500 yen)
-Accessory unlock keys for each element (Neutral, Cute, Cool, Beauty, Chaos) (250 yen each)
-Accessory unlock key set (1,000 yen)

Bummer that we have to pay for Mikudayo again. And Sakine Meiko hasn't been DLC before, so that's extra shady. Aaaaaand I guess we can't unlock modules through an F 2nd save either, since they're doing the whole paid unlock cheat thing I wish would just die already.

muteki

Bummer that we have to pay for Mikudayo again. And Sakine Meiko hasn't been DLC before, so that's extra shady. Aaaaaand I guess we can't unlock modules through an F 2nd save either, since they're doing the whole paid unlock cheat thing I wish would just die already.

Is it confirmed we have to pay for Mikudayo again?

When F2nd came out, if you bought the modules that were released for f/F that were the same (extra characters), then you could use them in 2nd without having to re-buy. Mikudayo could be the same case here.

Is it confirmed we have to pay for Mikudayo again?

When F2nd came out, if you bought the modules that were released for f/F that were the same (extra characters), then you could use them in 2nd without having to re-buy. Mikudayo could be the same case here.

Hmm, I suppose that's a possibility.

Saoshyant

This being a general discussion thread for the games, is it all right to ask a question about buying Vocaloid music? I've recently found this album and have completely fallen in love with it (give it a listen, you are bound to like it). It's a shoegazing compilation of different producers with Miku on vocals, and it was supposedly being sold at this store called Tora. Just as I learned I could use Tenso to order from there I learned that it was sold out and I think I've sadly reached the end of the line and will never get this album, unless someone here knows a bit more on where I could find an alternative way to buy it. I'm praying for a miracle right now, really.

Top Bottom