• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

luminous

Hidari so good their module gets featured on the OP video

Satisfaction sounds really good and I'm glad a CosMo medley is happening.

So today I remembered that the Project Diva games have custom track support. How did I never try this before?

The selection for the english is limited (for some reason, they aren't compatible with songs made in the Japanese version), but I've found a lot of good ones so far.

Hoooooly crap though, to think I was complaining earlier about how I wanted harder songs... these are difficult.

Redhood

Huh? Is the edit mode out? We cannot make any more new edits with custom songs? Thats dumb. Here I was gonna ask for a petition or something for Sega to make worldwide servers for edit mode. :(

http://miku.sega.jp/x/liveedit.html

Unless Live Edit Mode and Edit Mode are two separate modes, but I see no mention of an alternate classic edit mode in the tabs.
Checked in with the usual suspects and they seem pretty sure there isn't a cause for concern yet; they think it odd the old edit mode has gone unmentioned but are positive this is a brand new mode being discussed.

Removal of custom songs would be a really strange decision especially after F 2nd went so far as to link to piapro to allow players to download songs directly from song creators (in Japan only). I'd let the game come out before jumping to conclusions.

Removal of custom songs would be a really strange decision especially after F 2nd went so far as to link to piapro to allow players to download songs directly from song creators (in Japan only). I'd let the game come out before jumping to conclusions.

Geez, as someone who just spent a good part of the day finding and downloading edit mode songs for the english version of F 2nd, I reeeeeally would have appreciated this.

Damn , it's carnival and i've just seen the most awefull hatsune miku disguise EVER.

i'm shocked.i don't think i can recover.

To heal those wounds i need to clear some dreamy theater songs.

Edit : just realised that the person behind the disguise was a friend of mine ..., it hurts a little less i guess ...

muteki

I'm going to be optimistic and think that the 30 songs is 30 + 6 medleys but it is probably 24 + 6 :( There is some really good songs in there though. Hopefully some DLC down the line or some adds for the PS4 version a la f/F.

That Air Do module is also the best thing ever.

I'd also like to see some newer Good Smile Racing Miku modules since the last one in the game was what...2012? Recent designs have been great and 2016's is gorgeous.

So let's see what the Diva Room in F 2nd is like.
BxYcTrI.jpg
*screams internally*

Also, don't you just love it when the Vita lowers your volume for no reason and even proudly announces it with a notification on top of the rhythm targets? Brilliant.

Zhao_Yun

I wished the trophy list of these games would focus more on the actual rhythm game than on the Diva room. Didn't bother with most of the Diva room grind in 2nd.

OMG Aero

On the one hand the Diva room trophies are long boring slogs, but on the other hand they could have trophies for things like perfecting songs on extreme and that would be way worse.

I did it.
Was not worth.

I got the platinum once in F 2nd and twice in F.

Never Again.
Until X comes out. And then the next game after that.

On the one hand the Diva room trophies are long boring slogs, but on the other hand they could have trophies for things like perfecting songs on extreme and that would be way worse.

I wish they DID have those because that takes actual skill and I find it fun. But no, there's not a single trophy tied to extreme mode. I don't get it.

Luigi87

I got the platinum once in F 2nd and twice in F.

Never Again.
Until X comes out. And then the next game after that.

I couldn't bother to get it a second time in F, though I toyed with the idea, lol... It was nice that the English and Japanese trophy lists were technically separate for that one.

Will definitely go for it in X... hopefully...

Rock paper scissors is somehow the least soul-crushing part of the whole diva room grind. Getting all the events. Was. Hell.

I thought it was pretty manageable with a guide, but it definitely wasn't the most fun thing I've done in a video game. Made you look just always took so long in f, because the pointing and head-turning always went in a different direction.

I wished the trophy list of these games would focus more on the actual rhythm game than on the Diva room. Didn't bother with most of the Diva room grind in 2nd.

My thoughts exactly. I don't mind the Diva Rooms being there, but too many trophies focus on it. I hope X will have more trophies for the rhythm game.

So I've been punting on finishing the unlocking of Miracle Girls Festival and now that it's due to appear at a convention tomorrow, I'm going to be finishing it off today or getting as close to it as possible. It'll be streamed as usual after I finish a little setup because it's been a while: http://hitbox.tv/starcreator

EDIT: After a three and a half hour stream, unlocking is still not done, but I'm out of time. I really, really hope DIVA X doesn't have an unlock system as dumb as this one. Recording is here: http://www.hitbox.tv/video/894530

Miracle Girls Festival is definitely kind of frustrating to unlock completely. I spent three hours on it tonight - completing the last seven tour days then going into One Man Live to finish off bingo cards - and there are still 11 or so songs with unlockables not completed. It doesn't help the songs left are the ones I don't like very much, either.

The Full versions also suffer from being way too long. Even full comboing easy charts like this one feel like an accomplishment just because of how long you have to maintain it, and you can tell my timing was starting to suffer at that:

1zeVaGq.png

(I'm probably never going to go after full combos in earnest. Way, way too mendou kusai.)

Tenshi

Neo Member
After watching your stream, I can definitely understand where you are coming from. Those are some long sets. Looks like going for full combos can become more of chore than a fun activity very quickly.

Tsumi no Namae / Hitorinbo Envy / Urotander trailer (late but this makes the rest of the post not as pointless)

Also, does anyone have any thoughts about the Diva X OT title for next month? I'm thinking maybe one of these

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X |Import OT| May I see your Ai Dee?
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X |Import OT| Maybe next year, Kaito
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X |Import OT| Party Like It's 2009
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X |Import OT| Miku Monopoly
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X |Import OT| Contains at least two songs about penises

but I'm of course open to any suggestions.

I'll leave it up to you guys but historically there haven't been OTs for import titles. It was generally easier to just keep news and comments here since there are so few people that import here.

Tenshi

Neo Member
Tsumi no Namae / Hitorinbo Envy / Urotander trailer (late but this makes the rest of the post not as pointless)

Also, does anyone have any thoughts about the Diva X OT title for next month? I'm thinking maybe one of these

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X |Import OT| Maybe next year, Kaito
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X |Import OT| Miku Monopoly
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X |Import OT| Contains at least two songs about penises

but I'm of course open to any suggestions.

I'm really torn between these two choices:

- Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu (The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku)
- Ura Omote Lovers (Two-Sided Lovers)
- Sadistic.Music Factory
- 2D Dream Fever
- Hatsune Miku no Gekishou (The Intense Voice of Hatsune Miku)

The contents of the final medley in Project Diva X, as detailed in Famitsu. Gekishou is back. Again. Hope you enjoyed that one game it wasn't in.

I've already claimed and put together most of the OT, figured I might as well with Sega's silence regarding localisation.

What is with this, by the way?

I've been assuming that localization was a safe bet, given that the F games seem to have done pretty well and even the Mirai games have started to come over, but now I'm getting nervous.

I don't need the UI to be in English anyway, I guess, but it's very nice...

What is with this, by the way?

I've been assuming that localization was a safe bet, given that they F games seem to have done pretty well and even the Mirai games have started to come over, but now I'm getting nervous.

I don't need the UI to be in English anyway, I guess, but it's very nice...
While SEGA generally is kinda garbage lately, it's not rare for localizations to be announced after the game is out

There's also the PS4 version which will be out later. They might just wait for that

kagamin

- Sadistic.Music Factory
- 2D Dream Fever

The contents of the final medley in Project Diva X, as detailed in Famitsu. Gekishou is back. Again. Hope you enjoyed that one game it wasn't in.

That Medley is gonna kill me, the two songs I have the hardest time with (Two-Sided Lovers and 2D Dream Fever) are in there...

SephLuis

- Sadistic.Music Factory
- 2D Dream Fever

My fingers are itching just at the description.

Dear Lord.

Top Bottom