• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

Poppy

Speaking of arcades, I visited Japan last week and happened to play non-PS4 Future Tone for the first time in the Sega arcade in Akiba. nothing makes you realize your scrubbishness like not being good already and trying to do extreme charts on strange new buttons :'(

Still fun though! The women standing next to me were insanely good at it, I wish i had access to an arcade at home

kagamin

The curse is over, I can stop obsessively playing this song now I think. :p
C2UfoPBUUAAQrSN.jpg

Redhood

Hey guys

I have a favour to ask. Can someone please share their Apple Music playlist for Hatsune miku and other vocaloid? It's very difficult to find all the tracks on it.

Ooo now this has been bumped, did any London/UK GAF end up going to the 'Still Be Here' screening/Q&A at The Barbican?

I went and really enjoyed it. Slightly disappointed that there wasn't more fan-orientated content - even seeing a performance of a few of the popular tracks would have been a nice touch, though I can see how the event had a different 'tone' to it. Was very heavy on critical analysis and exploration of Hatsune Miku but very light on enjoying/celebrating Miku and the community's musical creation. Certainly found it interesting and enjoyed what the likes of Laurel Halo had created though always a slight nagging feeling of wanting to see some more performative stuff. But yeah, had a good time and I'd recommend checking it out if they end up screening it near you (think it's only been Berlin and London so far..?).

(View from my seat).

(Had a mate of mine design and screen print a parody shirt for it too).

Seems whatever was keeping Round1 from deploying Project DIVA Arcade to locations outside California, Texas, and Illinois is no longer an issue: http://miku.sega.jp/arcade/en/location/location_usa.html

I knew the Exton location had one cab up and running (I played on it, was the only person to the entire time I was there) but I didn't know about Colorado being up. I heard the game was sighted at the Georgia location that either just opened or is opening this weekend also.

OMG Aero

Meanwhile, on the EU 3DS theme store:
Lqq65Tq.png

Also available today is Poppippo and some themes based on songs I don't know called Yoshiwara Lament, Paintër, and Alien Alien.

Meanwhile, on the EU 3DS theme store:
Lqq65Tq.png

Also available today is Poppippo and some themes based on songs I don't know called Yoshiwara Lament, Paintër, and Alien Alien.
There are a whole bunch of them available, and they're all pretty cool. The music doesn't loop nicely though, it just fades out and restarts unfortunately…

rpmurphy

Seems whatever was keeping Round1 from deploying Project DIVA Arcade to locations outside California, Texas, and Illinois is no longer an issue: http://miku.sega.jp/arcade/en/location/location_usa.html

I knew the Exton location had one cab up and running (I played on it, was the only person to the entire time I was there) but I didn't know about Colorado being up. I heard the game was sighted at the Georgia location that either just opened or is opening this weekend also.
It took a while but the Atlanta location finally set it up a couple weeks ago. It had been off for over a month since the venue opened.

It's been over a year since the last PD (PDX) was released in Japan...

Was X really the last one? Too sad if so.

I really hope not.

I know sales have declined a lot in Japan, but I was hoping the Western releases were picking up the slack.

We did get two games last year (if you count Future Tone.. and I certainly do) plus the VR things as well, so maybe they're just giving the series some breathing room and we'll see a new one in 2018.

Redhood

Zero DLC for PDX is a really worrying sign. Especially given how clearly it was primed for DLC.

Indeed. I was expecting all concert performances. But I think they kinda made it hard for themselves by having a new stage and new effects for every song.

muteki

I imagine we will probably see something new for Switch eventually. Could be Diva, Mirai, or something different completely.

Anyone else going to Magical Mirai 2017?

Managed to get an SS ticket (either international tickets are easier to get, or the world went against me back in 2015 - I failed in 3 lotteries while in Japan >__>).

oldmario

i'm looking into getting one of those PDX controllers but i really can't talk myself into spending £100-150 on a controller for a couple games, would it be cheaper to make one myself with the parts?

i'm looking into getting one of those PDX controllers but i really can't talk myself into spending £100-150 on a controller for a couple games, would it be cheaper to make one myself with the parts?
No, not really. The cheapest PCB natively compatible with PS4 is $40 (and only if you can solder) and each button is $19 each from Sanwa for domed buttons of known quality. Those parts alone exceed the cost of the controller and that isn't even including making a case for it yet.

Luigi87

Yeah, as StarCreator said it's really not worth it.
The only reason to do so is for self satisfaction purposes. I made one last year, but I was able to get the plywood I use for the case for free, as well as some other things, which helped augment costs, but it's a pricey, and timely endeavor.

Sand Planet has been announced for Project Diva Future Tone DX, bringing the total song count to 238. It's a recent song so it only uses the official 2D PV.
Just like Ghost Rule it should be available as DLC for the standard version of Future Tone in December (in Japan, that is).

It's nice to see that Ghost Rule won't be the only new song added, but it's yet another Miku song. I'd love more variety :(

SimonM7

I found out about Sand Planet when they announced it as the theme for Mirai 2017, and I'm excited that it's coming to the game. A little sad about no PV/module though.

At this point it feels safe to assume that all of Sega's middle fingers are given to Diva X. I thought that had a nice wrapping for new content, and recommended it warmly to friends based entirely on the assumption that it'd receive a boatload of DLC, but it's long overdue to retract that recommendation. :/

Future Tone DX is getting a Hori controller.

It's another mini-con.

170913_001-450x203.jpg

Unlike the DIVA X mini-con, it defaults to the arcade layout, and a remapping function that allows hot swapping between four presets has been added, in addition to the somewhat tedious button-by-button remapping the previous mini-con introduced.

170913_002-450x286.jpg

This will be on sale on November 22, matching the game's Japanese release, for 12980 yen (excluding tax).

Luigi87

It's another mini-con.

170913_001-450x203.jpg

Unlike the DIVA X mini-con, it defaults to the arcade layout, and the remapping function seems to be based on presets now rather than the somewhat tedious button-by-button remapping the previous mini-con introduced.

This will be on sale on November 22, matching the game's Japanese release, for 12980 yen (excluding tax).

Was wondering if they were going to announce one.

Luigi87

It's true this would have been the perfect time for a full sized controller, all things considered.
Anywho the mini is up on Amazon.co.jp.
Not actually going to order it as the shipping cost would destroy me, lol
it's nearly 2x the cost of the controller to my location.

muteki

Already having the other PS4 mini and exclusively playing FT with it, I don't see the need to hot-swap button assignments so I doubt I'll bite. I like the art better though.

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I'm not too sure what to do.

After playing Project Mirai Deluxe on the 3DS, I've been meaning to try the console version of Hatsune Miku. I'm aware that Future Tone is the "current" version, yes?

Should I get Future Tone, or will we be getting the deluxe version that I read is coming to Japan in November.

Thanks!

It's another mini-con.

170913_001-450x203.jpg

Unlike the DIVA X mini-con, it defaults to the arcade layout, and a remapping function that allows hot swapping between four presets has been added, in addition to the somewhat tedious button-by-button remapping the previous mini-con introduced.

170913_002-450x286.jpg

I really want one of these. What would be the best way to get one (I'm in Europe)? Play Asia?

Poppy

meh would only buy an actual project diva arcade style controller at this point, i mean whats the point of the home arcade game experience if ya aint gonna emulate it properly

not that i can play this game because for some reason i actually am the worst at processing multi holds and instantly panic when they appear, i think i just am neurologically incapable

muteki

meh would only buy an actual project diva arcade style controller at this point, i mean whats the point of the home arcade game experience if ya aint gonna emulate it properly

not that i can play this game because for some reason i actually am the worst at processing multi holds and instantly panic when they appear, i think i just am neurologically incapable

With an arcade controller (or a mini with the buttons reconfigured to match) at least, the multi hold prompts make a lot more sense than when using a ds4.

rpmurphy

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I'm not too sure what to do.

After playing Project Mirai Deluxe on the 3DS, I've been meaning to try the console version of Hatsune Miku. I'm aware that Future Tone is the "current" version, yes?

Should I get Future Tone, or will we be getting the deluxe version that I read is coming to Japan in November.

Thanks!
Future Tone is the console port of the arcade game which has some different mechanics compared to the console Project Diva games. You can certainly pick up the Diva F/F2nd/X games as a unique experience to the other Miku games. If you're interested in Future Tone, wait for DX.

Safros

Just noticed that the main Hatsune Miku community on PS4 has Miku with a Make America Great Again avatar.

Joined the group to call them out on it and after I left the group they seem to have locked it.

If anyone wants an invite for the music game Discord, let me know. I'm about to go to bed and apparently PMs are limited to one per ten minutes so I may be slow to respond.

Oh man, what happened here really sucks :(
I barely posted anyway so I'm not sure if I qualify for a Discord invite, but it's at least nice to know that communities will live on wherever they go to :p

Top Bottom