• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you ever had a weird job or experience?

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I was thinking about jobs I had in the past and one job was working at a hospital. I was a courier. I drove a car and picked up lab samples and delivered it. That wasn't the weird task. Sometimes I would have to help in the hospital moving patients around. And we also had to move dead bodies to the morgue sometimes. I was one of the few people that didn't mind the morgue run so I got it fairly often. I have pushed many a dead body under cover into the morgue. I use to have one lady that would help me and if she was accidentally rough moving the body onto the cart, she would apologize. If you want an elevator to yourself, have a dead body with you, people get out, and then refuse to get in.

Now share your weird and interesting experiences.

Ionian

Jesus that sounds rough.

Mine would be I had a friend. He knew a dude and his brother was big in the 8-bit scene so I'd pass him letters to give the brother as I was mad into the computer.

The father cut them up and used to paste them to pictures of babies asses and send them to my mates parents, said I was running a crack den. I must have been 16-17.

He'd constantly ring my house and deep breath, I mean constantly.

We figured out it was him so next time he called I said his name. He hung up. Wife rang back and gave out to me! Unbelievable. Watch a bunch of arseholes.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Jesus that sounds rough.

Mine would be I had a friend. He knew a dude and his brother was big in the 8-bit scene so I'd pass him letters to give the brother as I was mad into the computer.

The father cut them up and used to paste them to pictures of babies asses and send them to my mates parents, said I was running a crack den. I must have been 16-17.

He'd constantly ring my house and deep breath, I mean constantly.

We figured out it was him so next time he called I said his name. He hung up. Wife rang back and gave out to me! Unbelievable. Watch a bunch of arseholes.
Three times I read that and still dont know what the fuck went on.

Whos father, whos wife and babies asses?

What kind of job is this? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

i wouldn't say that's a weird job. here we call them hospital porters. you can be delivering mail, food, or driving around with a van full of blood and/or drugs, or wheeling living people or corpses around. i get not many people would like to push dead bodies about but doesn't bother me.

Last edited:

Ionian

Three times I read that and still dont know what the fuck went on.

Whos father, whos wife and babies asses?

What kind of job is this? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Read it again, my mate had a friend who's brother was big in the computer scene.

The dudes brothers brother was in my mates class and I'd write letters to pass on.

Their fathter intercepted them all. The father was harassing me and my family with phonecalls. The brother the letters were intended for never got them. He'd cut them up and send them to my mates family with baby asses all over them. I cannot explain why. Father was on the schoolboard.

Was just malicious, I never got an answer. Think he tried to break up my friendship with my mate and his parents. Was mental. He was vicious. Funny thing is the other brother sent some games once, father delivered them, how he got my phonenumber is he knew my address.

Read it again, my mate had a friend who's brother was big in the computer scene.

The dudes brothers brother was in my mates class and I'd write letters to pass on.

Their fathter intercepted them all. The father was harassing me and my family with phonecalls. The brother the letters were intended for never got them. He'd cut them up and send them to my mates family with baby asses all over them. I cannot explain why. Father was on the schoolboard.

Was just malicious, I never got an answer. Think he tried to break up my friendship with my mate and his parents. Was mental. He was vicious. Funny thing is the other brother sent some games once, father delivered them, how he got my phonenumber is he knew my address.
if we could just read it again you wouldn't need to explain it all.

your post was a mess lol.

edit: and you're still not making sense. i don't kno wtf you're on about. that dad sounds creepy though i guess?

Last edited:

Ionian

- mates friend had a brother who was big in computers
- I'd write letters to pass on
- Father intercepted them, cut them up and sent them back to my mates parents
- Then started ring my house and deep breathing
- Figured out it was him so when he called again I said his name and he hung up
-Wife rang back and gave out to me

It's as crazy as it sounds, made no sense but some people are sick in the head.

The end.

*Nightwing

pOU6MSz.png

4acvWDL.jpg

…some organization offering up its employment to create stories in this thread :messenger_sunglasses:

Ionian

Dude never made a comprehensible post ever afaik.

I barely post, not my fault you can't understand. I put it in bulletpoints for the hard of reading. All true.

It doesn't make sense is the point, it was a weird experience as per the thread title.

I am a native English speaker, i'm Irish, just a fucked up situation.

TLDR; got stalked by my friends, friends Father.

Stick me on ignore rather than moan about it if it hurts you.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I barely post, not my fault you can't understand. I put it in bulletpoints for the hard of reading. All true.

It doesn't make sense is the point, it was a weird experience as per the thread title.

I am a native English speaker, i'm Irish, just a fucked up situation.

Stick me on ignore rather than moan about it if it hurts you.
Don't stress. We will encourage you to form a complete thought. I am sorry the American education system has failed you. Don't blame the Irish, just eat some Bangers and Mash.

Ionian

Don't stress. We will encourage you to form a complete thought. I am sorry the American education system has failed you. Don't blame the Irish, just eat some Bangers and Mash.

Curry chips might have me typing better ;)

Honestly though, can't see why it's hard to comprehend for some people. Then again I could barely myself at the time,

Ionian

There was this time when a girl blew me by using an hot dog bun instead of her hands, can i consider that a wierdjob?

When I went to Sicily, fingered my Sicilian girlfriend in her cousin's (kickboxer) car while he went into his house to collect something.

She was a heavy squirt-er, I'd say he thought she pissed herself. Seat was soaking. Fun times!

Lucky I didn't get killed over there. :p

SiteSeer

i once had a job in retail and one day as a cashier i was ringing up an old black lady. we were making small talk and i was being very pleasant as you are wont to do in a position like that and making helpful suggestions and generally providing excellent ‘customer service’ as is the industry parlance, well as we were getting to the end of our rather jovial interaction she acknowledges our friendly banter and says “thanks ya massa”. we both paused for what felt like only a quantum second, i offered my appreciation for her business, she smiled and waved, and that was that. next guest!

Ionian

Oh and never do ectasy before a plane ride to meet the parents, baaaaaad idea. You get off like a zombie from the altitude.

Pesto sorted me out but Christ they met us at Catania airport and I was fucked. We both were. I couldn't focus on anything for days.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
i once had a job in retail and one day as a cashier i was ringing up an old black lady. we were making small talk and i was being very pleasant as you are wont to do in a position like that and making helpful suggestions and generally providing excellent ‘customer service’ as is the industry parlance, well as we were getting to the end of our rather jovial interaction she acknowledges our friendly banter and says “thanks ya massa”. we both paused for what felt like only a quantum second, i offered my appreciation for her business, she smiled and waved, and that was that. next guest!
You could have been canceled, but you dodged it.

Kilau

- mates friend had a brother who was big in computers
- I'd write letters to pass on
- Father intercepted them, cut them up and sent them back to my mates parents
- Then started ring my house and deep breathing
- Figured out it was him so when he called again I said his name and he hung up
-Wife rang back and gave out to me

It's as crazy as it sounds, made no sense but some people are sick in the head.

The end.
Very weird, how long did you have this job?

poodaddy

When I was in the Army, and I can't be specific here, I was once tasked by my First Sergeant to.... tactically acquire....some gear from a supply train of ours on post that for some reason no unit had officially claimed yet. It was right before deployment and we needed the gear. I was extremely low rank at the time, so refusing was unthinkable.

We get to the train, there are at least six other soldiers from other units there taking gear and loading them into the trunks of their POV's, so my NCO and I worked quick to fill 4 large boxes with gear and throw them into his car.

We get back to First Sergeant, he berates us and tells us the MP's are actively investigating the train theft, and told us to get away from him and make the gear disappear, and if we got caught he'd claim he had nothing to do with the orders.

We had no idea what to do, so we take the gear to our respective places and literally just wait it out for years until we get out of the Army. Years later I sold all the gear to a surplus store to make some extra money when I had been a civilian for over five years. Guy asked me how in the world I was issued so much gear when I was selling it, told him I wasn't at liberty to say. Thank fuck he didn't inquire further, I would have just left the store.

TL;DR, my NCO and I were forced into commiting theft by my NCOIC, then we were abandoned to get rid of the evidence ourselves. If we got caught we would have done years of time and gotten into massive legal issues that most likely would have included being dishonorably discharged. Goddammit fuck my Army service.

Ionian

Very weird, how long did you have this job?

What is wrong with people not reading thread titles?

"have-you-ever-had-a-weird-job-or-experience"

That was my weird experience.

It doesn't say AND it says OR. I have had plenty of weird jobs. One includes responding to people who can't read.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
When I was in the Army, and I can't be specific here, I was once tasked by my First Sergeant to.... tactically acquire....some gear from a supply train of ours on post that for some reason no unit had officially claimed yet. It was right before deployment and we needed the gear. I was extremely low rank at the time, so refusing was unthinkable.

We get to the train, there are at least six other soldiers from other units there taking gear and loading them into the trunks of their POV's, so my NCO and I worked quick to fill 4 large boxes with gear and throw them into his car.

We get back to First Sergeant, he berates us and tells us the MP's are actively investigating the train theft, and told us to get away from him and make the gear disappear, and if we got caught he'd claim he had nothing to do with the orders.

We had no idea what to do, so we take the gear to our respective places and literally just wait it out for years until we get out of the Army. Years later I sold all the gear to a surplus store to make some extra money when I had been a civilian for over five years. Guy asked me how in the world I was issued so much gear when I was selling it, told him I wasn't at liberty to say. Thank fuck he didn't inquire further, I would have just left the store.

TL;DR, my NCO and I were forced into commiting theft by my NCOIC, then we were abandoned to get rid of the evidence ourselves. If we got caught we would have done years of time and gotten into massive legal issues that most likely would have included being dishonorably discharged. Goddammit fuck my Army service.

Can you disobey an unlawful order?

poodaddy

Can you disobey an unlawful order?
Yes you technically can.

Doing so is.... complicated. It's difficult to explain, but anyone who's served will tell you it's a bad idea to rock the boat. Imagine I said no to an E8 as an E3. Then I get to see him everyday after that. He'd be looking for any reason at all to hemm me up and make my life hell.

I once told an E5 who was flirting with me that I wouldn't cheat on my wife with her, and that was when I was an E3. She got offended with me and said she didn't want that anyway, after she pulled me into her car alone to smoke and ask how my sex life with my wife was. She dropped me for push ups every time she saw me after that, and she worked one office over, so it was pretty much constant.

Life in the Army is hellish if you piss off your superiors.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Yes you technically can.

Doing so is.... complicated. It's difficult to explain, but anyone who's served will tell you it's a bad idea to rock the boat. Imagine I said no to an E8 as an E3. Then I get to see him everyday after that. He'd be looking for any reason at all to hemm me up and make my life hell.

I once told an E5 who was flirting with me that I wouldn't cheat on my wife with her, and that was when I was an E3. She got offended with me and said she didn't want that anyway, after she pulled me into her car alone to smoke and ask how my sex life with my wife was. She dropped me for push ups every time she saw me after that, and she worked one office over, so it was pretty much constant.

I have worked in Army acquisition offices, so I know shady stuff goes on. But I was a civ, never in uniform.

poodaddy

I have worked in Army acquisition offices, so I know shady stuff goes on. But I was a civ, never in uniform.
Fair enough. I'm one of those weirdos whose glad I served, but honestly I don't think most people realize just how corrupt the military is, at least here in the states. There's this prevailing mindset that the Army is very honorable or filled with heroes or the like. In my experience it was the complete opposite, it was mostly thugs, bullies, criminals, and sociopaths in my infantry brigade. Again, I'm proud that I served, but I won't bullshit people and say it was a positive experience and that the Army is an honorable organization. It's more like a large scale gang if anything.

Ionian

Yes you technically can.

My uncle was in the army here (small) family made him join.

He was a big fat lump so the army but him in the band and taught him saxophone.

Got engaged to a foreign lass during a tour, even bought her a ring. Middle-Eastern.

She dumped him so he retired to Spain and bangs whores instead and seems pretty happy.

Always had my eyes on the sax but he wouldn't give it up. Lovely guy though just hilarious and sad for him.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I was thinking about jobs I had in the past and one job was working at a hospital. I was a courier. I drove a car and picked up lab samples and delivered it. That wasn't the weird task. Sometimes I would have to help in the hospital moving patients around. And we also had to move dead bodies to the morgue sometimes. I was one of the few people that didn't mind the morgue run so I got it fairly often. I have pushed many a dead body under cover into the morgue. I use to have one lady that would help me and if she was accidentally rough moving the body onto the cart, she would apologize. If you want an elevator to yourself, have a dead body with you, people get out, and then refuse to get in.

Now share your weird and interesting experiences.
Any stiffs ever move / make noises while you were moving them? Natural gasses / rigor mortis wearing off that kind of thing?

Think I would have shat my pants if so.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Any stiffs ever move / make noises while you were moving them? Natural gasses / rigor mortis wearing off that kind of thing?

Think I would have shat my pants if so.
Never had any of that. When I was dealing with them they were still fresh. And I was respectful always wrapped them in the sheet, always moved them under cover. There is a large sheet that goes over the cart and hangs like a canopy to cover the body and the shape.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
What is wrong with people not reading thread titles?

"have-you-ever-had-a-weird-job-or-experience"

That was my weird experience.

It doesn't say AND it says OR. I have had plenty of weird jobs. One includes responding to people who can't read.
I have a feeling you're just being ribbed, calm down squire, it's nothing serious :messenger_winking:

..I did actually want to know whos father, mother and why babies arses though. It sounds too crazy :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Sounds like the weird shit my mates would have done when we were fifteen after smoking.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I used to cut the grass just out side the house where they filmed The big breakfast, utterly pissed my off I never see Denise van outen.

Had a weird experience last week. Was coming home up the M3 back from Dorset, needed a coffee and a piss. Was coming out of the toilet and Richard ayoade was coming in, for some reason I just said 'Alright there', he went 'yeah, alright'

Got in the car and said to the wife we need to get a picture with him, she said it'd be weird to jump him coming out the bog... I drove home sad after this, the I.T crowd is my most watched show. Pffft, wife, always ruining my day with sensible shit

That was trippy though.. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I was an artistic model of paintings, long ago.

Basically it was to be immobilized for more than 3 hours or a little more, but i received approximately 30 dollars.

The bad thing is that i came out with pain in the joints and in the back.

Thanks to the time I was there, I bought the video game Dead or alive ultimate.

Last edited:

Ionian

I have a feeling you're just being ribbed, calm down squire, it's nothing serious :messenger_winking:

..I did actually want to know whos father, mother and why babies arses though. It sounds too crazy :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Sounds like the weird shit my mates would have done when we were fifteen after smoking.

Ah I'm not heated up

Was my mates friends father.

Babies arses he sent my mates parents with my handwriting, I'll never know.

It didn't phase me but did his parents (mate), I should have gone to the police. Who collects pictures of baby arses?

Him apparently, hahaha.

Still after the phonecall from the wife, never got one again. Letters stopped.

If I ever see him ... was in my teens, in my 40's now. He's probably dead.

Told the brother the letters were intended for (had him on Yahoo! chat). He didn't believe me and blocked me.

Catphish

Not really weird, so much as awesome.

I used to do car lockouts for AAA Motor Club back in the 90s. If you locked your keys in your car, and called AAA, I would show up with my handy bag of tools and sort you out.

One of those tools was a handheld key cutter. Now this is before fobs, and probably isn't even in use today, but back then, it was crucial. Basically, old car keys had various cuts to give them their teeth. 6 cuts on older GM keys, for example. When on call off-hours, as I was in this case, with no access to the shop, you'd call dispatch with the VIN, they'd call the automaker, give the VIN, and they'd give the cut depths. Dispatch then relays the info, you set the little levers on the handheld to match the depths, put in a blank, and punch out a new key.

On one particular job, I show up on the west side of Chicago (not a good area), late Friday night, 1am-ish, and raining like hell. I get the VIN, and go to call it in, but my radio's dead. It had power, but just wasn't connecting to dispatch. Cell phones weren't really a thing at that time, and we were in the middle of some dark ass street, with no pay phones in sight. I (and by extension, the customer) was pretty much hosed. But I figured I'd give it my best shot.

The lady had left her keys on the passenger seat. Doing my best to get a good look at the door key with a flashlight, through a wet window in a downpour, I made a best guess at its cut depths. Popped in a blank, set the levers, a little clicky clicky clicky, put the new key in the door, said a little prayer, turned it... and it opened right up.

I was the hero of the day (night). Felt good, man. 🎖️

I also worked at Red Lobster for about 45 minutes. But that's a story for another time...

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I was an artistic model of paintings, long ago.

Basically it was to be immobilized for more than 3 hours or a little more, but i received approximately 30 dollars.

The bad thing is that i came out with pain in the joints and in the back.

Thanks to the time I was there, I bought the video game Dead or alive ultimate.
Nude for $30?

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I worked with a woman who suffered from some kind of mania, only I didn't know that because she kept it together and typically took her meds. I saw her around the office a lot but didn't know her personally.

I had to work late for a few weeks or so. I would usually leave after everyone else during this time, walking through our dark parking lot alone. A few nights I noticed this woman darting around in the distance, hiding from me behind pillars or cars and taking pictures of me with her phone. When she noticed me looking her way she would cover her eyes with her hand. It was weird as shit but I didn't say anything. One night as I was winding down and getting ready to leave, putting on my coat and shit and locking up my cubicle, I turned to catch her sprinting down the, uh, cubicle path(?) away from me, round the corner, and flee out of sight.

Some time afterwards when I was back to a normal schedule and had largely forgotten about it, talking like a month later, she came up to me in the company break room to apologize. She had gone off her meds and basically fell into some kind of mania in which she thought I was a part of some clandestine government group trying to spy on her and control her mind. That's how I learned about "targeted individuals" and "gang stalking". The strangest thing about the conversation was how she explained it all calmly, like she was reading me the summary of a sporting match or something, then just got up and left when she was done.

Last I heard she ghosted my employer some time shortly into the pandemic when we all started working from home.

Last edited:
I personally didn't. But I have a friend who works as a cop in law enforcement. He told me about some weird and rather bizarre stories. Some are funny and others downright frightening and just scary.

One time he was working a off duty shift as a security guard at a strip club. Someone broke into a person's car in the parking lot. So they find the car that's been broken into and turns out it was a car of a stripper who works there.

The dude who broke into her car was extremely intoxicated and drunk due to over consumption of alcohol. He was so drunk and fucked up that he pissed right in front of them in plain sight.

My buddy put on his gloves to start searching the guy. Everything is yellow and covered in piss. He takes out his waller and check his ID. Turns out the guy who broke into her was another police officer from another police department. They called his department, he got fired on the spot and arrested.

Imagine becoming a cop, going to police academy to learn how to protect people and then getting so fucked up and breaking into someone's car yourself and robbing them. GG. Idiot.

Last edited:

Ionian

I worked with a woman who suffered from some kind of mania, only I didn't know that because she kept it together and typically took her meds. I saw her around the office a lot but didn't know her personally.

I had to work late for a few weeks or so. I would usually leave after everyone else during this time, walking through our dark parking lot alone. A few nights I noticed this woman darting around in the distance, hiding from me behind pillars or cars and taking pictures of me with her phone. When she noticed me looking her way she would cover her eyes with her hand. It was weird as shit but I didn't say anything. One night as I was winding down and getting ready to leave, putting on my coat and shit and locking up my cubicle, I turned to catch her sprinting down the, uh, cubicle path(?) away from me, round the corner, and flee out of sight.

Some time afterwards when I was back to a normal schedule and had largely forgotten about it, talking like a month later, she came up to me in the company break room to apologize. She had gone off her meds and basically fell into some kind of mania in which she thought I was a part of some clandestine government group trying to spy on her and control her mind. That's how I learned about "targeted individuals" and "gang stalking". The strangest thing about the conversation was how she explained it all calmly, like she was reading me the summary of a sporting match or something, then just got up and left when she was done.

Last I heard she ghosted my employer some time shortly into the pandemic when we all started working from home.

My mate used to babysit a dead doctors wife, it went well for awhile as I could bring my girlfriend in and use a bedroom.

Until she'd wake up and bang on the door.

Had to climb out the window.

Climbing down over a roof is no fun, especially with snow.

She had alzeimhers. So I stopped. Used to go to McDonalds in her pyjamas (was close).

My mate had to keep catching her..

It's not funny, just sad.

Top Bottom