• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you noticed a rise in anti XBox sentiment on NeoGAF as of late?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
XBox has been in the dark ages over the last 7 years. Ever since they axed first party development studios, tried to market the XBO as an always online device, and attempted to bundle Kinect with their console (thus losing the price war with PlayStation), it's been mostly rough going for team green.

During this time, NeoGAF would justifiably kick dirt on the brand because the brand deserved it. But to me, it never really felt excessive.

Lately though, it feels like anti XBox Warp Drive has been engaged, despite Microsoft objectively putting themselves in a way better position to start the next gen. How can such clear improvement rile so many people up? Am I even reading the situation correctly?

Wtf is this phenomenon? And where are the scholars at explaining this nonsense?

Last edited:

Elcid

Banned
Late? Just Neogaf? Better position?
If you honestly think Xbox doesn't deserve any hate for their stupid decisions then I don't know what to tell you.
They have no exclusives, their showcases have been weak, their last console was dominated by the PS4 AND the Switch, and they've sat idly on their asses for years.

Imtjnotu

I think since the discord discovery, it has got to the point where anything positive from the Xbox side is seen as crap

Mista

Banned
nicholas-cage-you-dont-say.gif

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Late? Just Neogaf? Better position?
If you honestly think Xbox doesn't deserve any hate for their stupid decisions then I don't know what to tell you.
They have no exclusives, their showcases have been weak, their last console was dominated by the PS4 AND the Switch, and they've sat idly on their asses for years.

That's not the point.

MS and Sony both deserve criticism. Neither are executing perfectly. Criticism is welcome imo.

This is about the exponential rise in anti XBox sentiment here, DESPITE XBox performing significantly better than they ever did over the last 7 years.

Tulipanzo

We got an average of three new threads a day about how "cross-gen won't cause problems", "Lockhart won't hold back next-gen", "XBox will show better looking games then Sony" and the like.

Now that we can make more informed discussion not based on guesswork, it looks "anti-XBox" because that's reality.

trikster40

I think since the discord discovery, it has got to the point where anything positive from the Xbox side is seen as crap

What Is the discord discovery? I haven’t heard about that.

Regarding the OP, I think it’s because MS has been all talk so far with this upcoming gen (“eats monsters for breakfast, true creative freedom, etc etc) but so far, hasn’t walked the walk.

Cyborg

All my post against the xbox are valid. It has nothing to do with hardware (is superb) but with marketing, diversity of games, gameplay showings or lack of, messaging and so on!

They missed the opportunity with the first showing and the second one they did the same. Its a shame. But if you look at the games/quality it just worst then competition. No hate just facts!

Futaleufu

The most embarrasing thing has been goalposts switching, going from TFLOPS to SSD speed, bandwidth, fps, resolution, exclusives, raytracing, talent, anything that makes your proto console better than the competition, and we haven't even seen prices yet.

Eevee86

I've noticed it across the internet. Sony's fanbase seems to have gotten pretty toxic towards them. I've been pretty meh about them after buying the Xbox One and it being the least played console I've ever owned.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Very interesting to see the responses here boil down to "They deserve to be criticized", which I more or less agree with, rather than addressing the point proposed in the OP.

Perhaps this avoidance is telling...

Elcid

Banned
Xbox just can't get it together. I think most folks on here just want them to do better. Competition is good for everybody.
Exactly. I WISH I wanted an Xbox. I LOVED the OG Xbox and actually stopped using my PS2 when I got it. I want the Xbox to get better and step their shit up but fuck Phil Spencer sucks.

fermcr

All fanboys (Playstation, Nintendo, Xbox, PC) can be quite bad, but there is a feeling that Playstation fanboys are the worst... that's simply because there are more of them.

Freeman

Banned
I feel a rise in anti Xbox sentiment on the planet Earth.

All fanboys (Playstation, Nintendo, Xbox, PC) can be quite bad, but there is a feeling that Playstation fanboys are the worst... that's simply because there are more of them.
I don't know, I feel like console war played a big part in Death Stranding and TLoU2 launches. Look at how smooth the release of Death Stranding was on PC. The most deranged individuals I know ar Xbox fanboys like Mil Graus.

Last edited:

MrS

Banned
I only see people dunking on

a) Craig/Halo fuckups
b) cgi trailers and trailers not running on x1
c) games being far out
d) Phil telling lies about not having 3rd party exclusives cause they're bad for the industry

All seem justified imho. Xbox are free to bounce back and change the narrative if they're able to.

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned

That's probably true.

But that's the point, there are like really a lot more of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom