• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO orders Cold War Spy Drama, Aaron Paul In Talks To Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peru

Shame it didn't work out but we need some good Cold War spy series. Modern times as well but an HBO cold war thing could be great.

Sober

Hopefully Aaron Paul doing the Need For Speed movie is just a phase, sigh.

Probably got passed because he wasn't going to have time to do it.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Figures. Did it ever shoot? HBO pilots are always so mysterious.

I honestly think he's better in Big Love.

I honestly do.

Really?

He had so little to do in Big Love, and was at times flat. In fact, I worry about him past BB, because I think part of it is that magic of cast/crew/writing/direction that teases out truly great performances. I'm not saying AP isn't fantastic. I'm just saying they are all gold on BB, and I think he's better here just because he's got more to do.

eta: cripes, old post. still.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Hopefully Aaron Paul doing the Need For Speed movie is just a phase, sigh.

Probably got passed because he wasn't going to have time to do it.

They had already re cast the role with a different actor, so that couldn't have been the reason they decided to drop it.

Figures. Did it ever shoot? HBO pilots are always so mysterious.

I think they did shoot it, yes.

Really?

He had so little to do in Big Love, and was at times flat.

Yeah, Aaron Paul wasn't very good in Big Love.

Clevinger

Really?

He had so little to do in Big Love, and was at times flat. In fact, I worry about him past BB, because I think part of it is that magic of cast/crew/writing/direction that teases out truly great performances. I'm not saying AP isn't fantastic. I'm just saying they are all gold on BB, and I think he's better here just because he's got more to do.

I wonder about that too. I dunno if you've seen Under the Dome, but Hank's actor is terrible in that.

Then again, I think Paul is a bit overrated in BB anyways. He overacts some of the time, and a few seasons back he did this speech that was actually cringeworthy.

I wonder about that too. I dunno if you've seen Under the Dome, but Hank's actor is terrible in that.

Then again, I think Paul is a bit overrated in BB anyways. He overacts some of the time, and a few seasons back he did this speech that was actually cringeworthy.

Everyone is terrible in UtD. IT IS A TERRIBLE SHOW. I love him, though. HANK FO LYFE.

I think there are always down moments even in the best shows and movies (times when you wonder, really? is that the best take they got on that line/moment?), but Aaron Paul has had so many incredible moments as Jessie that hats off to him, honestly.

Dr.Acula

Banned

Jesse is such a great character, Paul is gonna have a devil of a time escaping it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom