• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix Orders Black Superhero Drama ‘Raising Dion’ CoStarring Michael B. Jordan

Netflix has given a 10-episode straight-to-series order to hourlong sci-fi, family drama, Raising Dion, based on commercial and music video director Dennis Liu’s short film about an African-American single mother who discovers her young son has multiple, constantly changing abilities. The project comes from Liu, Creed star Michael B. Jordan, who will have a supporting role, veteran showrunner Carol Barbee (UnReal, Judging Amy), writer-producer Michael Green (American Gods, Logan) and Charles D. King’s MACRO (Fences).

source

I am so in for this. Show sounds promising going by the premise alone and some of the talent involved makes it's an instant watch for me.

Oh wow, kinda surprising to see MBJ doing tv again with how big his movie career has gotten
I don't think the TV-Movie divide is really considered that big anymore, considering the talent we've gotten in various miniseries and shows on FX, Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Starz, and of course HBO.

Tom Hardy, Clive Owen, Mark Strong, Michael Sheen, James Franco, Terrence Howard, etc. have all been in TV shows in the last few years

I don't think the TV-Movie divide is really considered that big anymore, considering the talent we've gotten in various miniseries and shows on FX, Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Starz, and of course HBO.

Tom Hardy, Clive Owen, Mark Strong, Michael Sheen, James Franco, Terrence Howard, etc. have all been in TV shows in the last few years

It's the special effect that are really bad on TV shows compared to Film. Especially for superhero shows.

DeathyBoy

Banned
It's the special effect that are really bad on TV shows compared to Film. Especially for superhero shows.

And yet the storytelling is much, much better.

It's the little things like seeing friendships actually show friendship rather than being hold characters were once friends.

Litan

And yet the storytelling is much, much better.

It's the little things like seeing friendships actually show friendship rather than being hold characters were once friends.
Jesus. Once you get something into your head, it stays there for good, huh?
"It's the UN!"
"Black Widow said we were never trained for this. Not a strong female character."
"Iron-man and Cap werent friends!"
"CW only made $1.1b and Homecoming didnt make $1b. IM's box office power obviously fading."

Rinse and repeat and randomly bring up at opportune moments.

I went to high school with Dennis Liu and worked with him on a bunch of film production in high school and college. I'm so fucking delighted to see his hard work pay off - he's absolutely gonna give this project his all.

Faustek

This looks really interesting. I'm on board.

I went to high school with Dennis Liu and worked with him on a bunch of film production in high school and college. I'm so fucking delighted to see his hard work pay off - he's absolutely gonna give this project his all.

Always happy to see old friends step up.

Top Bottom