• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later |OT| On Netflix Aug. 4, but waaay after 9:30

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Ce95kny.jpg

A decade after their wild summer as junior counselors, the gang reunites for a weekend of bonding, hanky-panky and hair-raising adventures.

Release Date: August 4

Regarding Spoilers
Since all the episodes are being released simultaneously, please tag all spoilers until two weeks after the premiere date. After that, it's all fair game.

Other links:
Netflix page
Official trailer

Starring

The OG crew
EYcC6cy.jpg

Paul Rudd as Andy, Elizabeth Banks as Lindsay, Amy Poehler as Susie

VwCj839.jpg

Janeane Garofalo as Beth, Christopher Meloni as Gene, Molly Shannon as Gail

uI4sG4H.jpg

Michael Ian Black as McKinley and George HW Bush, Marguerite Moreau as Katie, Michael Showalter as Coop and Ronald Reagan

lWvJ2CQ.jpg

Joe Lo Truglio as Neil, Zak Orth as JJ, Ken Marino as Victor

UNW9ofS.jpg

Bradley Cooper Adam Scott as Ben, AD Miles as Gary, Marissa Ryan as Abby

3sJQ9qI.jpg

David Hyde Piece as Henry, Nina Hellman as Nancy, H. Jon Benjamin as a can of vegetables

... and Samm Levine as Arty, but he wouldn't come out of his "radio station" for pics.

Plus some First Day of Camp alumni and other new guys

Chris Pine as Eric
Kristen Wiig as Courtney
Josh Charles as Blake McCarthy
Lake Bell as Donna Berman
Jason Schwartzman as Greg
John Early as Logan St. Bogan
Rich Sommer as Graham
Eric Nenninger as Warner
Beth Dover as Shari
David Wain as Yaron and Bill Clinton
Mark Feuerstein as Mark
Alyssa Milano as Renata
Skyler Gisondo as Jeremy "Deegs" Deegenstein
Marlo Thomas as Vivian
Joey Bragg as Seth
Anne-Marie Johnson as Burkhart
Chris Redd as Mason
Dax Shepard
Sarah Burns
Melanie Lynskey

Also special guest starring GAF box office favorite, Jai "Bomba" Courtney as Garth MacArthur

Reviews:
A.V. Club
But if this is to be the last Wet Hot hurrah, it's going out on a note of both homage and addition. The traditions are shared by a select group of people, but that group's ranks keep expanding, pulling in the friends they've made along the way (like Scott, Burns, and Feuerstein) and talent that's grown up alongside Wet Hot (relative whippersnappers like Bliss, Rogers, and John Early). ”Honoring the spirit of Camp Firewood" might be a parody of empty movie-ese, but the Wet Hot gang takes it seriously. If this isn't the end, maybe they can all get back together in some futuristic nursing home for Wet Hot American Summer: 60 Years Later.

Consequence of Sound
So, yes, 10 Years Later is about as disjointed as First Day of Camp, but it's well worth it. There are so many jokes wired into these eight episodes that it often feels like watching six different Zucker brothers' movies at once. As storytellers, Wain and Showalter relish breaking every rule in the book, and the feeling's quite contagious ... Who in their right mind would have ever thought Wet Hot American Summer would be a franchise? Not David Wain. Not Michael Showalter. Nobody. Perhaps that's the greatest joke to come out of all of this, the fact that we're now sitting here with one feature-length film and 16 episodes on one of the biggest streaming networks in the world. It's outstanding. It's ludicrous even. But it's a reassuring victory to both those who were involved and those who supported the film over the years.

And yeah, that's about it. I dunno if we're gonna be here at 9 or 9:30 though, but I guess we should just arrive at 9 so we can make sure as many people are here at 9:30. Either way, we could make a day of it.

Rootbeer

Banned
Goddamn I love living in the age of Netflix streaming...

A new season of a series just sneaks up on me and BAM! a whole season lands for me to watch.

After the first season (and of course, the movie) I am so ready for this.

LProtag

Very ready for this. Loved the movie, loved the prequel season, will most likely love this.

Basically nearly everything done by ex-The State people is great, in my opinion. Especially stuff that David Wain or Michael Showalter write or direct.

phanphare

Banned
so glad yaron is back. every time he was in a scene I would die of laughter.

also glad schwartzman is back too
seeing as how he died
he works really well with this kind of comedy

MMarston

Cool, will watch before. Hopefully on Netflix, presume so. Thanks.

technically the first show after the movie is a prequel, but they're very blatant in playing around with the fact that the actors are way too old and how popular the initial movie became.

There's another season? Damn, they're moving fast.

First season was two years ago breh.

MMarston

Two reviews came out so OP has been updated accordingly. Apparently Consequence of Sound had their's up ages ago and I just didn't notice.

Both of them may be rather spoiler-y though.

Wet Hot American Summer was an in-flight movie for me last week. Couldn't believe it, watched it and laughed so hard into my hand for a good 90 minutes. The Paul Rudd cafeteria scene and Alan Schempers set always make me lose it.

Bread

Banned
Can't believe they recasted Bradley Cooper's character
with someone I like even more!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for this

Glad David Wain is finally going to get to appear in a Wet Hot something, Stella forever!
he was in the Wet Hot series silly

Recently rewatched Wet Hot and First Day, so I'm all set. Can't wait.

Didn't realize Adam Scott was playing Ben, this should be good

Also, how many husbands will Gail have gone through in the 10 years since camp? 🤔

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I'm looking forward to this but I wish Chris Pine wasn't returning. He was the worst part of the first season.

MMarston

I'm looking forward to this but I wish Chris Pine wasn't returning. He was the worst part of the first season.

Eh, I thought he was relatively harmless for the most part, but yeah, I still think it was an unnecessary amount of screentime just to set up the silly montage song from the original movie.

Matticers

Whaaaaaaat. I didn't even know they were making this. I'm kind of glad I just found out about it since I don't have to wait long to see it.

I was late to the party on the movie but loved it. The series was great too so hopefully this at least equals it.

Davey Cakes

I liked the movie and the prior season of this show so yeah, count me on board. These kinds of shows aren't always laugh out loud funny but they're just plain fun.

Alan Shemper sure as fuck better be in this or I'm nerd raging

PS

I've always wondered why Thomas Lennon and some of the other state members aren't in this...

jobrro

So two hours to go?

Going to re-watch the movie now before starting Ten Years Later, should be done by then.

Top Bottom