• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Head count: Do you own an AMD or NVIDIA GPU?

What brand of discrete GPU do you use in your primary gaming computer?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Harusame

Currently using an Asus 780 DirectCU II OC. I will eventually upgrade to a future iteration of the Titan X in the next year or two, and transfer the 780 to a future PC build for family use.

Fasty

I'm actually quite
pleasantly
surprised by the number of AMD users.

Having said that, NVidia 580 here, and will never use an AMD card again after my experiences with the drivers in the last one. The "Catalyst Control Centre" was an abomination.

zon

I'm still using a HD6950 but I intend to get a 980 Ti when it's released. I'll go with Nvidia cards in the future as a majority of games seem to work better with those cards.

zon

I'm actually quite
pleasantly
surprised by the number of AMD users.

Having said that, NVidia 580 here, and will never use an AMD card again after my experiences with the drivers in the last one. The "Catalyst Control Centre" was an abomination.

It still is an abomination.

SmokyDave

GTX 970, to replace an HD5850. I bounce between the two, leaning more towards Nvidia generally. If you ever hear someone say 'that PC game runs like shit on...' it's usually followed by 'AMD cards'.

Miguel81

I have no loyalty to either brand. My 290 ended up costing me 150 bucks during the last Black Friday, after selling off the 4 games that came with it. That's a fucking steal, and I couldn't justify dropping nearly 200 bucks more on a 970.

GTX 970, to replace an HD5850. I bounce between the two, leaning more towards Nvidia generally. If you ever hear someone say 'that PC game runs like shit on...' it's usually followed by 'AMD cards'.

Project CARS is a good recent example. My card should not be performing that poorly. Luckily, I rarely purchase games within the launch period, though I was in need of a good racing sim.

hodgy100

If this was true the AMD numbers would be lower. I understand outliers existing, but most of the time I can't help but think you'd need some weird bias to stick with AMD right now.

What makes you say this? The AMD cards aren't inherently worse. Its a Heat / power useage tradeoff for a lower cost more than anything.

SmokyDave

Project CARS is a good recent example. My card should not be performing that poorly. Luckily, I rarely purchase games within the launch period, though I was in need of a good racing sim.
Yup, that game was the catalyst for me upgrading in the first place. I'd already chosen my card when the issues started being reported, so it just confirmed I'd made the right choice.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
R9 290 4GB

My first ever GPU in my first ever custom built PC. I like the card cause it runs all the games I want at 1080p 60fps. My prefered choice was either a GTX 970/980. At the time didn't think it was worth the extra £70 to get a 970 and couldn't afford a 980. It just seems nvidia is the prefered card for both customers and developers. I wanted to buy project cars but it runs worse on AMD than Nvidia. Also waiting on that AMD driver for project cars to see if it runs any better..

If I were gonna build a new PC today it'd definitely have an nvidia card

Diffense

At the time when I purchased GPUs Nvidia drivers were more reliable than Catalyst on Linux. My first major GPU purchase was AMD/ATi but I had issues. I've just stuck with Nvidia since then.

mhayze

There is no answer both? Why?
I noticed quite a few AMD for previous generations, currently Nvidia, which seems to be the closest to 'both'.

I have a 780ti, certainly had (have) quite a few AMD cards in the past. Like most I don't like AMDs drivers and software currently, but will keep an eye on the situation with each card release.

Azzawon

Currently using an AMD XFX 7970. I go back to university in September so I'm looking at upgrading to Nvid at some point when I get dat student loan. Any card suggestions at decent value for a triple monitor setup?

Top Bottom