• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

heads up: Gameboy Icons, Pulse, Zelda/FFXII stuff on G4 tonight

Vibri

Banned
Incase anyone missed these yesterday, the Yokoi/Gameboy Icons shows, Pulse news with the dying kid story, and some other stuff of potential interest is on in sequence tonight.

Also sounds like they changed the format for the road to G-Phoria stuff this year by firing Adam West and talking to real journalists. Thank God.

http://www.g4techtv.com/html/schedule.asp

5:00 PM
Pulse #323
Week of 6.11.04
There's good news for Half-Life 2 fans, bad news for Interplay, and inspiring news about a kid named Ben.

6:00 PM
Icons #307
Game Boy
We explore the 15 year history of the most successful handheld gaming platform of all time, Nintendo's Game Boy.

Hear how the Game Boy went from an idea in designer Gunpei Yokoi's head to the king of the handheld market. The Game Boy has survived multiple re-designs and multiple powerful competitors like Sega's Game Gear and the Atari Lynx. And is still the best-selling hand-held system today.

6:30 PM
Cinematech #305
.hack Dedicated (Even the Anime)
Yup. It's all .hack, all the time.

7:00 PM
G4techTV Specials
Road To G-Phoria Vol. 1
The 2004 G-Phoria Awards are coming in July, and we want to make sure you are informed on all of the nominated games. In Volume 1 of this 4-part series, expert game journalists weigh in on the Best New Franchise, Best Cinematics, Best Graphics, Best Innovation, and Best Male Voice Performance. Plus, celebrity gamers chime in to give a humorous look at the gaming lifestyle.

7:30 PM
G4tv.com #322
Fresh Madness
Tina and Laura take over once again and they're bringing you the hottest games out this week. Find out what you gamers think of them, plus violence, frisbees and bug eating! They really must be losing their minds.

8:00 PM
X-Play #256
Trailer Flash
Trailers are great! All the editing is done for us already. All we do is introduce and run the trailer. So tonight we get to relax, but you won't -- that's because we're bringing you exciting video game trailers of the most anticipated games, such as Resident Evil 4, The Legend of Zelda, Silent Hill 4, Final Fantasy XII, Doom III, and more.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
G4 sucks

p.s. why the hell do I not get episode summaries for Xplay anymore on my Directivo? I have a season pass to Xplay and now it's recording every single damn re-run cause there's no summary for it. Damn G4Techtv.

Trevelyon

So... any chance of captures for international folks?

I don't know when or... if at all G4TechTV will start airing in Australia, all we get is 24/7 re-runs of old TechTV shows over here. :(

Mairu

Vibri said:
Also sounds like they changed the format for the road to G-Phoria stuff this year by firing Adam West and talking to real journalists. Thank God.
By real journalists... you mean no-name actors, comedians, and wrestling people nobody has ever heard of? I watched that special last night, it was pretty terrible. Adam West would have been better than 90% of the people they talked to.

Bog

Junior Ace
Mairu said:
By real journalists... you mean no-name actors, comedians, and wrestling people nobody has ever heard of? I watched that special last night, it was pretty terrible. Adam West would have been better than 90% of the people they talked to.

I agree regarding the no-name actors and comedians, but Jericho's a pretty well-known wrestler.

Mairu

Bog said:
I agree regarding the no-name actors and comedians, but Jericho's a pretty well-known wrestler.
Yeah, that's true... But I think that was the first time I had seen anyone else on that show

Vibri

Banned
Mairu said:

On the version I watched last night, they had about two dozen editors from Ziff mags, IGN, Game Informer etc forming the backbone of the show (experts commenting on the nominated games) mixed in with a few actors and comedians providing gaming anecdotes (which I could have done without because VIDEO GAMES ARE SERIOUS LIFE OR DEATH BUSINESS AND EVERYONE HAS TO TAKE THEM SERIOUSLY KTHXBYE).

Top Bottom