• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT10| Ultimate Infuriation

Nothing you'd do at a fireside gathering could give you the hero. You need to be at a Fireside TAVERN. Taverns have their own unique banner when you join them, not any place can be a tavern, these are legitimate communities that have established themselves over time.

Reddit doesn't seem to realize this and you get all of these stories about people going to fake event or whatever. Basically everyone spamming the site to register a FG is wasting their time.

After you checked in a tavern, you just play the special team tag tavern brawl and can unlock the hero.

Thanks for the clarification. How many people do you need for the special team tag tavern brawl? Just two?

Fewr

How can I tell if it's a tavern then?

When I played a few matches the thing had a special emblem (i.e. not the lamp thing).

Fewr

I just got it with these coordinates:
Just in case, PM me for coordinates, I got them at the discord posted above

It says it is a fireside tavern as welcome message. I played a 3v3 match and got it right after. Not sure if I could concede, I just let myself lose asap.

EDIT: thanks for the help GAF <3
I'll be back to those things this weekend to help others get their Nemsy. (sorry, on weekdays I'm super busy, in fact I got my nemsy during a work phone call and while attending a workmate who stopped by to visit, she was v confused)

Xanathus

Played arena for the first time this year in order to get the free rewards when they reset everyone's arena run on October 24th, stopped at 7-2.

Nothing you'd do at a fireside gathering could give you the hero. You need to be at a Fireside TAVERN. Taverns have their own unique banner when you join them, not any place can be a tavern, these are legitimate communities that have established themselves over time.

Reddit doesn't seem to realize this and you get all of these stories about people going to fake event or whatever. Basically everyone spamming the site to register a FG is wasting their time.

After you checked in a tavern, you just play the special team tag tavern brawl and can unlock the hero.

The one I joined earlier had the Innkeeper say "Welcome to our Fireside Gathering" and I still got Nemsy after one brawl.

Pooya

that message is same everywhere, the taverns have a unique banner art in the menu. Like the one you were probably on, void club, had the octopus on it I think, right? Brawlhala that was on last night, had a viking helmet thing. They have unique logos made for them. FG don't have anything. They're just random.

that message is same everywhere, the taverns have a unique banner art in the menu. Like the one you were probably on, void club, had the octopus on it I think, right? Brawlhala that was on last night, had a viking helmet thing. They have unique logos made for them. FG don't have anything. They're just random.

Ahhh, I get it now.

Drafted a good Druid deck, then got back to back Shamans with multiple Evolves. The game is trying really hard to make me believe the matchmaking is indeed rigged.

Fewr

The one I joined earlier had the Innkeeper say "Welcome to our Fireside Gathering" and I still got Nemsy after one brawl.
Yes, that's exactly what I got.
Check the active coordinates at the discord above and make sure you see this when you enter, then I think you have to pick 3v3, the discord has instructions too.

Ladekabel

Getting close to be able to draft another legendary. Unsure if I should craft something I'm still missing from the classic set (Leeroy is the only thing that comes to mind), a Death Knight (Jaina preferably but would still need to craft Glyph) or just save it for the next expansion.

Also might be stupid but I'm keeping my extra copies of Southsea Captain. Don't expect it but since they changed Warleader I'm having a little hope.

hollomat

Banned
Since you guys are openly discussing it, I guess it's not against the rules, so here's a Discord I set up where a bunch of us were trying to puzzle out Nemsy last night https://discord.gg/8mrMNJ I plan on continuing today to help people as much as I can

If mods want me to remove this link please let me know...I got banned for a week from the Hearthstone subreddit and I don't want that to happen here =/

EDIT: If anyone wants to mod the discord let me know. (It would involve updating coordinates and adding to the instructions if needed.) I have to leave for work so I won't be able to keep up with it until later this evening.

Can anyone send me an invite to this discord? The invite above has expired.

luoapp

Any body is having performance issue on pc after the update? I was getting almost consistent 60fps before, now it can dip to low 40s.

traveler

Not Wario
So the next xpac has something to do with treasure.... is there any way we DON'T end up getting more pirates? :/

I think I'm kinda good on them right now....

Fewr

So the next xpac has something to do with treasure.... is there any way we DON'T end up getting more pirates? :/

I think I'm kinda good on them right now....
Check the card back for November....

(I don't think it's pirates, given the leaked card art I think it's mines, precious metals and money in general)

traveler

Not Wario
Check the card back for November....

(I don't think it's pirates, given the leaked card art I think it's mines, precious metals and money in general)

Hmm.... maybe it'll actually tie into the upcoming xpac reveal. They don't want to show the promo HS card before the opening ceremony so I'm assuming that at least ties in.

Probably getting the South Seas WoW xpac with a connected Hearthstone expansion centered around..... Undermine?

Grief.exe

Cool 1600 dust when this hall of fames

WDT5iAk.jpg

hollomat

Banned
I have played this game since open beta and played arena 95% of that time. I've seen all sorts of unbelievably insane decks and all sorts of top decking BS.

I have never ever been more frustrated with this game then I have trying to get the Warlock hero skin tonight.

Finally got it, but man oh man what a pain in the ass that was.

The fireside gathering system is such a buggy piece of shit. At the end of my trying, I was seeing 4 different taverns at once, including one in Asia which is where I finally got the skin.

It took 3 games playing in that Asia tavern to get it. I have no idea why I didn't get it after the first game, or after the second game. For some reason though I got it after the 3rd game.

Fewr

So I'm in a fireside gathering in CA now. Do I need to do the brawl to get the new hero or just challenge someone there?
I think it's the 3v3 brawl, that's what I played when I got her.
Although I agree with the post above, it's a huge pain to get it, so keep trying if it doesn't work.

traveler

Not Wario
I don't think they're that awful specifically outside of the Raza/DK interaction, which just shouldn't exist. (Am I misremembering or aren't their other hero power changes that don't apply to changed powers? You can't justicar upgrade a murloc summon for example. I feel like this even working to begin with is inconsistent)

The bigger issue going into wild is that highlander decks are just going to get better and better and they were already playable with just Reno. Now that you're getting these other incredibly powerful cards that assume your deck is less consistent, you're eventually going to reach this place where your average card quality is just leagues above non singleton decks. Karakus, Raza, and Reno are all insanely powerful cards; I'm not really sure if they should be adding more or attaching a keyword to these highlander overperformers and then limiting the number of highlander bonus cards you can have in the deck or some such.

The only other two issues I really have with priest is the plethora of incredibly efficient removal they have for anything that's not 4 power and >3 toughness. (Although Dragonfire now gives them a wrath for 4 and 5 toughness too and Pint Size Potion allows setups to kill any board- I'm totally fine with PSP into SW:H though; that's only fair for assembling a two card combo) And, secondly, their ability to generate ca without running out their deck when every other single lategame deck has to legitimately contend with fatigue, dead man's hand aside. (A card I feel should have either never been printed or at least not worked with itself)

I don't think they're that awful specifically outside of the Raza/DK interaction, which just shouldn't exist. (Am I misremembering or aren't their other hero power changes that don't apply to changed powers? You can't justicar upgrade a murloc summon for example. I feel like this even working to begin with is inconsistent)

The bigger issue going into wild is that highlander decks are just going to get better and better and they were already playable with just Reno. Now that you're getting these other incredibly powerful cards that assume your deck is less consistent, you're eventually going to reach this place where your average card quality is just leagues above non singleton decks. Karakus, Raza, and Reno are all insanely powerful cards; I'm not really sure if they should be adding more or attaching a keyword to these highlander overperformers and then limiting the number of highlander bonus cards you can have in the deck or some such.

The only other two issues I really have with priest is the plethora of incredibly efficient removal they have for anything that's not 4 power and >3 toughness. (Although Dragonfire now gives them a wrath for 4 and 5 toughness too and Pint Size Potion allows setups to kill any board- I'm totally fine with PSP into SW:H though; that's only fair for assembling a two card combo) And, secondly, their ability to generate ca without running out their deck when every other single lategame deck has to legitimately contend with fatigue, dead man's hand aside. (A card I feel should have either never been printed or at least not worked with itself)
Reno Zoolock is already a thing in Wild. If you're playing any kind of Reno deck in Wild, we're already past the point of saturation. The question is now mostly about which cards out of the myriad of options you include in your deck. I have more options than I can keep track of.

Regarding infinite value: nearly every class has an infinite value option now that makes resource management obsolete, I think (or close to it). Rogue can use Brann + Shadowcaster + Elise to generate infinite packs. Warrior has DMH. Druid has Jade Idol. Warlock has Jaraxxus (RIP). Mage now has Frost Lich Jaina. Hunter has Deathstalker Rexxar. If DK Anduin wasn't such an enormously overpowered card the control meta would be a wild an exciting place.

traveler

Not Wario
I'm totally fine with them nuking the interaction. Raza's ability should only apply to the standard Priest power. That wouldn't even be bad. I think it'd even be fine with the Justicar upgraded one. It's just being able to use it with a refreshable, offensive power that's dumb.

If they change how Raza works I want them to also get rid of the mage quest. They're both frustrating mechanics that make it feel like nothing you've done up to that point matters.

Kumo

If they change how Raza works I want them to also get rid of the mage quest. They're both frustrating mechanics that make it feel like nothing you've done up to that point matters.

I'd rather they remove the bullshit spell generating cards. When they get additional freeze spells and ice blocks because of luck, it completely negates any skill in the match up.

I'd rather they remove the bullshit spell generating cards. When they get additional freeze spells and ice blocks because of luck, it completely negates any skill in the match up.

I think putting Ice Block in the hall of fame would be good enough for me.

rahji

Since the update, hearthstone is not working anymore. Cards have white art and in arena I cannot even choose a hero because nothing is displayed on the screen. I cannot even access my decklists. I followed the tool tip in the launcher and changed the language to US but that didn't fix it. Any ideas?

G.ZZZ

Since the update, hearthstone is not working anymore. Cards have white art and in arena I cannot even choose a hero because nothing is displayed on the screen. I cannot even access my decklists. I followed the tool tip in the launcher and changed the language to US but that didn't fix it. Any ideas?

Need to change to US language somewhere else in the game, not the bnet client. Right click the game in the launcher i think.

ZeroX03

Banned
Getting a Twitch Prime code from out of the region was a nightmare last time, wonder if it's worth bothering this time around. Also wondering if this hero is worth the effort too. Ugh.

Top Bottom