• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT10| Ultimate Infuriation

Got my first angry friend request! ...from a big priest no less!

My current Jade Druid deck is doing ok(ish).

Woah, I had an identical experience. Big Priest lost to my Jade Druid even though he highrolled the Barnes into resurrect and I didn't go infinite, and he told me to "choke on a cock for my fag deck". My response was "ayyyyy", and then he unfriended me.

I used Spellbreaker to de-taunt his like 6th Obsidian Statue for lethal.

Pooya

the variance will be so high with that chest. Someone getting a legendary vs rare. That's 1500 dust difference. It will feel bad.

The pack isn't using the art that was datamined, that was certainly a legendary pack with the dragon on it. Maybe they changed their mind. This pack is not in the game, they will probably patch it in future.

WHO WANTS TO CHALLENGE A FRIEND(me) FOR GOLD

give me your battletag whoever can post with a Queen song that isn't one of their famous ones will get to be my friend

Whooo. I got rank 10 just now with a modernized Demonlock. Played like 10 Anduin Priests tonight and only lost to one. This deck has a lot going for it!

give me your battletag whoever can post with a Queen song that isn't one of their famous ones will get to be my friend

Karsticles#1474

Bohemian Rhapsody is one of the greatest songs of all time. Sorry if it's popular as well. :p

Edit: Great King Rat.

wiibomb

oh I love queen.. one of my favorite songs is Somebody to love (how the hell they combined so well that chorus??) also, made in heaven is glorious

wiibomb#1871

EDIT: who wants to live forever... that's a damn good one...
a kind of magic is also good
I want it all...

damn, man, I had to turn spotify on again lol

That's hard though.

Whooo. I got rank 10 just now with a modernized Demonlock. Played like 10 Anduin Priests tonight and only lost to one. This deck has a lot going for it!

Karsticles#1474

Bohemian Rhapsody is one of the greatest songs of all time. Sorry if it's popular as well. :p

Edit: Great King Rat.

oh I love queen.. one of my favorite songs is Somebody to love (how the hell they combined so well that chorus??) also, made in heaven is glorious

wiibomb#1871

EDIT: who wants to live forever... that's a damn good one...
a kind of magic is also good
I want it all...

damn, man, I had to turn spotify on again lol

YOU'RE ALL LOVELY PEOPLE

KARSTICLES WINS THOUGH CAUSE HE GOT THE GREAK KING RAT

WAIT

Karsticles edited at 10:35 and wiibomb you at 10:23! plot twist!(Also I sent karsticles a friend request and he did not respond fast)

(....whoever responds first then >_>)

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
If you're curious about where Dr Boom is :
There's a quest in Area 52 where you have to go take out him and his boom bots

Thanks. Now i'm a junior technician third grade in whatever the hell B.O.O.M. is. Maybe someday I can be the new Dr Boom.

YOU'RE ALL LOVELY PEOPLE

KARSTICLES WINS THOUGH CAUSE HE GOT THE GREAK KING RAT

WAIT

Karsticles edited at 10:35 and wiibomb you at 10:23! plot twist!(Also I sent karsticles a friend request and he did not respond fast)

(....whoever responds first then >_>)
Man you were gone for 30 minutes after I responded. I went to bed. Don't talk to me about response time! :p

I will be back in the early afternoon if you want to play the match. If you give it to wiibomb, no hard feelings on my end.

scarlet

It took me a week (personal record) to reach rank 5 2 stars from rank 16 3 stars exclusively with priest, other than that one time where I misclicked a mage and lost.

Hopefully I still can get motivated to keep playing for the rest of the season.

Fewr

My mission this weekend is to do the single player frozen throne stuff. At least the first boss, I haven't been able to beat even that one yet.

Pooya

it might not be the strongest deck in standard ever but it's most definitely the most resourceful

yeah, it's the only deck that I think you can come back from most situations and beat anything. Jade druid felt like that before nerfs too, that's why I liked it not because of summoning larger green men. I like decks that give you lots of options with large hands, nothing else like that exist right now that can actually win in this meta.

Control mage is lots of fun too but yeah, doesn't beat anything right now. tom#23243255 is bringing kazakus mage to HCT, I played that deck today, man, I hope nobody voted tom lol.

spirit lash with spelldamge is so disgusting. I'm surprised that's not a thing in a regular control priest deck. I guess there is no incentive right now to play any other priest that is anti aggro but next year I think this can be very strong.

yeah, it's the only deck that I think you can come back from most situations and beat anything. Jade druid felt like that before nerfs too, that's why I liked it not because of summoning larger green men. I like decks that give you lots of options with large hands, nothing else like that exist right now that can actually win in this meta.

Control mage is lots of fun too but yeah, doesn't beat anything right now. tom#23243255 is bringing kazakus mage to HCT, I played that deck today, man, I hope nobody voted tom lol.
I am also a fan of having large hands. Having lots of options and decisions to make is what makes card games fun for me. That's why I used to love Renolock before Anduin Priest ruined it.

Man you were gone for 30 minutes after I responded. I went to bed. Don't talk to me about response time! :p

I will be back in the early afternoon if you want to play the match. If you give it to wiibomb, no hard feelings on my end.
Wiibombs won

Well first game he challenged me and nobody won

Second game I army of the deaded as big priest and got ysaarj ysera and obsidian out it was amazing.

spirit lash with spelldamge is so disgusting. I'm surprised that's not a thing in a regular control priest deck. I guess there is no incentive right now to play any other priest that is anti aggro but next year I think this can be very strong.
Exactly that makes it great to play but miserable to play against. If you think spell damage with spirit lash is disgusting wait till you Velen into Spirit Leash to heal for 20+.

The biggest struggle Priest has right now after not drawing Raza and Anduin is running out of cards in hand, which is why you see some lists playing elise. I also like elise for being a 5/5 for 5 on top of the pack.

I'm always getting a kick when playing against experienced priest players that immediately kill their own thalnos or loot hoarder. It's the right play just unintuitive at first.

scarlet

Tom is going to world from last call point. He has nothing to lose in this sunmer championship, so he can bring meme decks.

Exactly that makes it great to play but miserable to play against. If you think spell damage with spirit lash is disgusting wait till you Velen into Spirit Leash to heal for 20+.

The biggest struggle Priest has right now after not drawing Raza and Anduin is running out of cards in hand, which is why you see some lists playing elise. I also like elise for being a 5/5 for 5 on top of the pack.

I'm always getting a kick when playing against experienced priest players that immediately kill their own thalnos or loot hoarder. It's the right play just unintuitive at first.

It happened to me few times against mill warlock. Made me considering to craft Benedictus. I don't like elise in raza, cuz it's diluted my deck.

traveler

Not Wario
Alright. I'm ready to finally make the climb for legend.

Assuming I have access to pretty much every card in the game, am I better off focusing on wild or standard right now and what are the decks du jour atm? Going to check out lists on Hearthpwn.

Still astounds me how many people tier 1 decks in casual.

It's like, you already know it's one of the best decks in the game, why waste your time in casual when you could play it and win in ranked?

traveler

Not Wario
Still astounds me how many people tier 1 decks in casual.

It's like, you already know it's one of the best decks in the game, why waste your time in casual when you could play it and win in ranked?

People unfamiliar with the deck may want to be accustomed to the lines of play before putting their rank on the line.

Pooya

People unfamiliar with the deck may want to be accustomed to the lines of play before putting their rank on the line.

This is what I don't get. Put what on the line? Rank? Ladder anxiety? In this game? Who cares. There is 0 reason to care about your rank in this game. It's not like you could fall into permanent low MMR and never be able to climb up due to elo hell and bad teams.

You're not going to learn anything in casual mode either way and winning a ranked mode game is at least contributed toward some long term rewards. You're wasting your time playing casual.

fertygo

clearing quest in casual for shit class is a real thing tho

like I don't want clearing quest with secret hunter in relevant rank

I may just quit til next expansion anyway. The game is essentially Curvestone + Priest right now, just not having any fun with it whatsoever.

Really all the Druid nerf did was expose the rest of the issues with the game. One day Blizzard will stop making overpowered 1-3 drops.

fertygo

there is not much early curve tbh, but patches is goddamn poison

in fact all of early drop is simply outclasses by patches

What's the status of Paladin aggro right now? I crafted a deck and it seems around rank 17 everyone is playing tons of mass removal and card advantage taunters, rendering any deck that doesn't play equivalent bombs kinda irrelevant.

fertygo

Cairne is great in tempo rogue most list already played him

Its pretty hard to remove for every meta deck

Need 2 card akward combo at very least

TankUP

A lot of tempo rogue's best plays mean you have to have a minion on board, and Cairne tends to stick around. I switched to a Cairne list and it's a lot better than what I was using before.

cackhyena

Feels like every other deck is roping to get all their plays off. Like, they need that much time to kill me slowly. Priest, especially with his undead version and zero mana for healing/hurting. Infuriating.

Miletius

there is not much early curve tbh, but patches is goddamn poison

in fact all of early drop is simply outclasses by patches

Definitely. I had Play Druid Cards, Play Battlecry, Play Beasts quest. Made a jank Druid beast deck and played it in casual this morning. Luckily I don't have to win, cause the deck was abysmal -- it's made solely to get those quests out of the way.

Top Bottom