• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavenly Sword cameo in the latest Heroes episode (UPDATE: new footage, post #754)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
DieH@rd said:
Narikoooooo.jpg

Hehehe, few seconds before the end. :D
To bad the game is not 1080p. There are some beautifull scenes here... :lol

Yeah. Unacceptable!

jett

D-Member
Nostromo said:
everything (that is opaque) cast shadows over everything (that is opaque), hair included, there are not precomputed shadows in the game.
If you don't see shadows is cause in that particular shot shadow maps params were sitll not tweaked or cause shadows are casting in another direction..

Well then. :p

RavenFox said:
Garnett?? I will never trust that troll again. RSX is off the shelf parts indeed.
[gigantor roll eyes]
Nariko needs to visit him with one of her special crotch devastators.

Um, thanks for making me imagine Garnett's crotch.

Suffice it to say that I think a delay for Lair is a real possibility, even though I personally want the game to rock and come out on time. And, maybe, give me something to play this summer on a new PS3.

AVclub

Graphics Horse said:
Well I added my own shadows anyway, here's my finished bullshot and the original:

http://i19.tinypic.com/3zqwn0i.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Nice work, the eyes look much better with the lighting in them. The blue eye liner seems sort of out-of-character for her though.

Dante

OMG!!!

The new footy in HD is absolutly sick.

This and R&C Future are by far my most anticipated next gen titles.

Simply stunning.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
theBishop said:
Its been repeated a few times on 1upyours soon after the announcement that Team ICO was hiring
I've seen that scan, but I don't think it says anywhere on it that it's for PSN game? How would they know otherwise? :\

Elios83

Graphics Horse said:
Well I added my own shadows anyway, here's my finished bullshot and the original:

3zqwn0i.jpg

You've done a really good work with the eyes :)

Nostromo non è possibile accendere gli occhi di Nariko come in questo screen? Penso che l'espressività ne guadagnerebbe molto. Cmq complimenti!

theBishop

Banned
Marconelly said:
I've seen that scan, but I don't think it says anywhere on it that it's for PSN game? How would they know otherwise? :\

Uh... the same way they knew that Resident Evil was coming to PSP :)lol)

I'm joking, but they started talking about it after the interview with David Jaffe about Calling all Cars. So maybe he told them in the context of Sony's strategy with downloadable games.

Actually... Jaffe is hosting a session at GDC about "indie game development". Jaffe notes on his blog that this is an odd choice given that he is not an independent game developer. So maybe he'll take the opportunity to show other "EDI" games in development.

theBishop

Banned
jett said:
That's nice work, Mr. Horse.

And sweet jesus I hope to god Ueda isn't wasting his time on a PSN game.

I don't think there's any question about it.

But that doesn't mean he isn't doing something big. Maybe Sony gave them a decent budget because they wouldn't have to risk the costs of packaging/distribution/retail.

Then again, he could be working on the Ueda equivalent of Calling all Cars.

Wait-and-see.

Mmmkay

Nostromo said:
I swear I did not realize this before.. GAF is full of pervs!
Hmm, I don't recall being the one who designed a giant uncut phallic shaped bazooka. Who do I call to thank for that one?

Z3F

Banned
PleoMax said:
What games on the ps3 look better than MGS4?

None. I still think that MGS4 looks much better than HS. The animation in the E3 MGS4 video kills the animation of any other action game. Also, why is everyone so impressed that HS is going to have a locked at 30 FPS framerate? DMC, MGS, GOW all ran at 60 FPS on the PS2 and they all looked more impressive for their time than HS does now. Fast-paced action-adventurers play much better at 60 FPS than at 30 FPS. It just seems odd that people aren't even aware when our standards are being lowered.

jett

D-Member
Z3F said:
None. I still think that MGS4 looks much better than HS. The animation in the E3 MGS4 video kills the animation of any other action game. Also, why is everyone so impressed that HS is going to have a locked at 30 FPS framerate? DMC, MGS, GOW all ran at 60 FPS on the PS2 and they all looked more impressive for their time than HS does now. Fast-paced action-adventurers play much better at 60 FPS than at 30 FPS. It just seems odd that people aren't even aware when our standards are being lowered.

Last we saw of MGS4, it runs like dogshit and animates even worse.

PnCIa

Z3F said:
Haven´t seen the MGS4 TGS06 video yet eh?

gbovo

Z3F said:
I take it you've played the game to know how smooth it runs. Whether 60fps or 30fps, as long as it's smooth, that's all that matters really. Oh and the animation in the E3 MGS4 video was from a cutscene, the realtime animation (shown at TGS '06) was basically the same as that found in MGS3, which is kind of a letdown. So no, MGS4 does NOT out-animate Heavenly Sword. The only PS3 game, that's been shown so far, that competes with HS with regards to animation is White Knight Story.

gbovo said:
I take it you've played the game to know how smooth it runs. Whether 60fps or 30fps, as long as it's smooth, that's all that matters really. Oh and the animation in the E3 MGS4 video was from a cutscene, the realtime animation (shown at TGS '06) was basically the same as that found in MGS3, which is kinda of a letdown. So no, MGS4 does NOT out-animate Heavenly Sword. The only PS3 game, that's been shown so far, that competes with HS with regards to animation is White Knight Story.

Eh, no love for Uncharted?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
DMC, MGS, GOW all ran at 60 FPS on the PS2
Not MGS3 :\ It was 30FPS. On one hand I agree that it's a shame that less and less games are going for the 60FPS, on the other hand, when the games are looking this good, and especially when they use some motion blur, it's not that big of a deal.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
This is the best animation i've seen so far...the clothing is just breathtaking....good job Nos and Company! We need more vid....and directfeed HD PLEASE!!

pr0cs

Wow that was really awesome. I was worried about the title considering how long it's been since we've seen anything new but the HD video was really impressive.

cjdunn

Totally awesome, but what's up with the 4 enemies that rise up from the ground at the exact same time in the background. That looks odd imo.

Shockwave.

Notice the white mist that spreads out at the very beginning. Looking at the kill meter those guys are "dead."

That's a wee bit overdone.

Still awesome looking.

Top Bottom